+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone wants to help me rebuild the microsoft collection?

Anyone wants to help me rebuild the microsoft collection?

I used to have a collection of microsoft developed programs, mostly everything they ever created. It fitted around 2TB of data. However.. I gave to a colleague, and he has no idea where he has put them, which is another way of saying for "they're gone". I must've of been enlightened when I gave this guy the data, seeing has he has no idea what to do with it, and is has poor organizational skills.

The collection had 2 problems: idiotic organization, and using full disks instead of delta compressions. So.. the base is 2TB, but with a proper delta compression, I would say, optimistic being, that it could be done within 100GB.
    The data will have to be found (again), hashed, compressed, and re-compressed, and then re-hashed to create the final package.
    Fortunately, we now have a proper way of organizing this, and it's required because it's a lot of detail: version numbers, languages, names, sources, hardware, licensing types, EULAs and everything else..
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (12.01.24)

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss510
    I would but I lack the space actually right now. So I hope someone will step in.
    Thanks

The 1.0 and NT are going to be the biggest problem. The last time I found them was through a closed community. People that actually worked with these and they disliked all outsiders. It was very difficult to get them. The knew me by the previous accounts I had.. of which, they were either destroyed or given to third parties.
    All of this was caused by the lack of organization. As much as you cannot have millions of accounts, you can't have millions of files without a proper management. Data gets rotten if not handled properly.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (12.01.24)

osc.txt

This should be the contents on that drive. The windows-only branch at lest.. The others are missing, such as the addons, language packs, entertainment..

The names are original, so if you do a search on this on the web, it will take you to the exact original image. Some of them had artwork, scanned from their original disks.

I also flipped the .eicfg file on the 7 and 8 variants. What do you know..

And I remember Win 8 embedded and it's piece-of-crap kiosk mode.

There was a problem with the file lengths. To keep the paths shortened, I just used the edition numbers and placed everything in the same directory.

As far as physical disks go, I only have w indows xp sp3 professional, with the manual, case, everything and language packs. As well as windows 2008 server. All originals. I need to scan them. If any of you guys still have original disks of windows and the like, maybe you could share them. From windows, only UltraISO can be used for an exact copy. And there are some options that need to be done before. It's some kind padding added by the program at the beginning of the image which affects the checksum. I have it written somewhere in my documentation.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 16.01.24 at 15:11.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread