+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NinjaCentral goes Paid Only. Lifetime options gone.

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2069
    Good advice on not buying lifetime stuff, I remember a friend was bragging when he had purchased a lifetime account on the original megaupload. We all know what happened later.
    it's hip to be square
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    Well, your friend ended up paying for Kim Dotcom's lawyers, so he's an ally of justice.

I had one who bragged about the money he was making through Oxyshare's referral program before they packed up and evaporated without paying anyone... and I think our age is showing by namedropping these services
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

"Yes, This Is An Extortion!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    before they packed up and evaporated without paying anyone...
    Wanna see a very worse example of what can happen? I believe you heard about this dark web market that went offline to than comeback to show it's sellers and buyers THIS:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incognito-extortion.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	21758

When PTP disappeared for some months before coming back, many people was afraid of something similar.

Last edited by sbestran; Today at 06:03. Reason: Trying to add the image.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    Attachment is broken, and online black markets are good at returning, so I wouldn't know which particular incident you're referring to.

With that said, last year's PTP downtime wasn't their first, and some site functionality had been broken for months prior to that. It was mostly a wake-up call: the time, effort and money spent on buffing your account could go poof at any time with no refunds, folks. Oh, and don't forget to screenshot your profiles...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

My bad trying to make the attach thumbnail larger using an img tag to the attach address, which didn't work. How to make the image larger? (yes I did search for how to do it, but didn't find)

I re-uploaded the image in from external source in case that was the problem too.

Check the image in my previous post, if you didn't know that infamous one already. It's one of the most "WTF?!" moments I've seen on this theme. I'm glad I never used such places.

Oh, also, I don't have the screenshot but I remember that when I captured this one it was from someone who also showed that this site even made a public list in the form of a table with the nick of people who had paid the ransom in green background and the ones who didn't in other color.
    (EDIT: Here, I found it!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incognito-status.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	21757
    It was really bizarre!

About PTP, I know they lived to show that they were ok and are still ok after that, I'm not comparing PTP with that horrendous thing I shared the screenshot of.

But the suspense during the downtime had some people pulling their hair off.
    Last edited by sbestran; Today at 06:01.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12