Thread: The Road To BTN, TV-Vault, and SportsCult

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23

The Road To BTN, TV-Vault, and SportsCult

I literally only want to get into 3 (maybe 4) trackers. Among those four trackers I would like to be in BTN, TV-Vault, and SportsCult.

Can anyone give insight into what it usually takes it get a valid invite? Do all roads have to lead through RED?

I understand both BTN and TVV are at max capacity right now. So... In a time of no recruitment, how do you go about finding members with invites? I do know someone in BTN but they do not have invites.

Any information is appreciated!
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss505
    Actually currently straight forward road to these either trading/buying way in which is not guaranteed or getting into trackers with reputation hoping to get in after some time and these ones availability usually by interviewing process like

Code:
    https://interview.orpheus.network/preparefortheinterview.php
    https://interviewfor.red/en/index.html
    Then advance in class and upload stuff. Then find out that neither of them recruiting directly to BTN/TVV/SC but they might be way to AHD/PTP which are used to have recruitment to BTN !!.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    I'll leave this thread open in case someone has advice specific to the ones you mentioned, but I suggest asking at http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=9925 in the future.

PS: anyone remembers when BTN and TV-V had open signups?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss505
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I'll leave this thread open in case someone has advice specific to the ones you mentioned, but I suggest asking at http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=9925 in the future.

PS: anyone remembers when BTN and TV-V had open signups?
    BTN never had open registeration even when it was new site. TV-V on the other hand before 5 years was opening a lot of times as well as its sister site cinemageddon.net !
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Since what I do does not have me sitting at a computer all day, I am not sure I have the ability to go through the RED/Orpheus testing process. I hear you have to sit idle in IRC for hours until you are almost randomly called on. People on Reddit have claimed they have been removed from the IRC on suspicion of cheating when none was going on.

I had found a RED invite on another site. Even though I had great stats with long term membership, the guy pulled away because the trackers I am on are not mid tier to elite. I question how anyone gets into anywhere with that attitude.

I did have a BTN account many years ago. Staff is unwilling to work with me in getting it reactivated when the deactivation was due to nothing more than inactivity - no warnings, no bans, no bad rep.
    Last edited by Nat; 27.01.21 at 01:11.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by illusive View Post
    BTN never had open registeration even when it was new site.
    I can't find any "evidence" right now, but I'm fairly sure BTN opened signups a few times during 2010. There was also a period when almost everyone had several invites and could use them freely, but obviously they were already closed at that point, so it doesn't count. Anyway, they sure became a lot more exclusive after former alternatives shut down... all in the name of security, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Since what I do does not have me sitting at a computer all day, I am not sure I have the ability to go through the RED/Orpheus testing process. I hear you have to sit idle in IRC for hours until you are almost randomly called on. People on Reddit have claimed they have been removed from the IRC on suspicion of cheating when none was going on.
    Unfortunately, that's mostly how it is. Queues are long and the interviewers are volunteers. There is a tolerance period of 15 minutes (I think) from the moment you're called for the interview, before you're booted from the channel for not responding. The oft-given advice is to set up IRC highlights plus a notification sound, and be ready to drop whatever you're doing when you finally hear it. Whether this is acceptable and/or worth the potential reward is up to you.

Most of the "cheating" accusations were triggered by people leaving the interviewfor.red site open in their browser (IP logs are cross-checked during your session) or not typing fast enough... expect the unexpected!

I had found a RED invite on another site. Even though I had great stats with long term membership, the guy pulled away because the trackers I am on are not mid tier to elite. I question how anyone gets into anywhere with that attitude.
    RED is known to soft-ban accounts when they suspect you don't know your inviter "well enough", demanding you successfully finish the interview to lift restrictions, as if you had no account at all. So perhaps this person did you a favor without knowing it.

I did have a BTN account many years ago. Staff is unwilling to work with me in getting it reactivated when they deactivation was due to nothing more than inactivity - no warnings, no bans, no bad rep.
    Assuming you have truly exhausted all possibilities of recovering that account, make sure to follow the usual steps for reregistration when/if you find a new invite, or otherwise the joy of getting back in may be short-lived (with your second inviter likely having to pay the price).

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=19023 - somewhat outdated but still accurate and relevant on 2021.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Assuming you have truly exhausted all possibilities of recovering that account.
    To my knowledge I have exhausted all possibilities. The staff member told me no and booted me from the IRC disabled chat. Since like most trackers the rules state "staff decisions are final", I assume it is best to leave it be and not piss off people who run a top tier tracker.

Your example of soft ban on RED I think is the reason why I cannot get my account back. Back in 2010, I received invites from my brother and his friends, and users from another tracker. When it comes to BTN specifically, I must have created the account, noticed there was nothing in the moment I wanted, and forgot BTN existed. The mod told me I had no bad rep, which is also what concerned them about giving me the account back.

Of course... I was asked about who invited me. It was hard to say since it was 10 years ago. I brought up a few personal relationships such as "brother" or "friend from Wisconsin" and even "It came from ________ tracker". Even though I did not give usernames, my guesses were immediately shot down. The staff member did ensure me it would help in getting my account back if I can name who invited me.

I did some investigating of my own via my e mail address (I still had my BTN registration e mail but not the invite e mail). On the same day I was invited to BitMeTV. I still had my invite e mail. I know the user was someone from a specific tracker. I went back into disabled, said the username, was told I was correct, and still told no on reactivation. The reason being I guess was due to me guessing too much. My argument is.. if you think I was guessing too much then why did you lead me on that if I come back in with the username I have a shot at reactivation?

And by the way... Whomever this user is I am 90% certain did come from the tracker I mentioned and was shot down about (none of the people I know IRL were on BitMeTV). I covered all my angles with those I knew who would have provided invites. How would they know in seconds if someone was on another tracker or not? I just feel they knew from day one it wasn't going to be reactivated. I'm even unsure if they will allow me to get the account back if I find an invite.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

tsarOW (16.12.21)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss176
    You don't want those. Those are not good at all
    Thanks

sportscult is easy to get into and they give away invites from time to time so you can expect them on any tier tracker invite forum's user invites. for tvv imho unless you watch weird is shit shows then and only then you should aim to get it from ptp/ahd or above's forum and btn is useless unless your again into shows. people that filled the slots for actual peoples that watch shit from ptp and btn are the reason why both are closed and probably will stay close with user invites being sent as soon as it frees a bit to their own friends. if your taste is well average. Then your legit set with BHD/FL/TL and blu time to time. rather then these 3/4 you seriously don't want ptp/btn unless your going for epeen. but rest assured you can't expect BTN to open up recruitment from all the people i know which are in btn, they all sometimes if not most of the times reply with the information that whenever the site drops few members, soon someone invites their friends. so its a inside race to invite your friend as well now. also you can cheat without giving a fuck on TL/FL and bhd/blu requires bit more look but thats easy as fuck as well. just fake seed and race by keeping a eye on the peer list. for these sites you can from time to time race with 50Mb/s upload speed and stop with 0.6-1.1 ratio. but if you already have a friend and don't want to cheat, if i heard correctly peeps on btn made a user limits tracker so they can invite people when it goes down so tell your friend to find that and rank up in user class and invite you.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

anon (28.01.21)

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    I don't see the point in cheating anywhere. I fear someone will find out, I will get banned, and it will get to the trackers I want into.

Most of my torrenting is to add to or complete existing personal collections. The majority of my collection is TV, mostly being shows before 2010 (TVV). BTN would not only feed my current show needs, but ratioless seems to work a lot better for me and my situation. BTN I believe is also the most solid tracker for current and past reality TV content. To my knowledge there is no reality on TVV.

I do like saving a few sports games here and there. Does anyone know how much classic content gets put up? There used to be sites like TenYardTorrents, 5ForFighting, and BigTenTorrents. They all had really old content.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss39
    I don't see the point in cheating anywhere. I fear someone will find out, I will get banned, and it will get to the trackers I want into.

Most of my torrenting is to add to or complete existing personal collections. The majority of my collection is TV, mostly being shows before 2010 (TVV). BTN would not only feed my current show needs, but ratioless seems to work a lot better for me and my situation. BTN I believe is also the most solid tracker for current and past reality TV content. To my knowledge there is no reality on TVV.

I do like saving a few sports games here and there. Does anyone know how much classic content gets put up? There used to be sites like TenYardTorrents, 5ForFighting, and BigTenTorrents. They all had really old content.
    Sorry to diverge from original content.
    How is the collection on TVV for newer content. Does it have untouched Blu-rays ?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Quote Originally Posted by MongoD View Post
    Sorry to diverge from original content.
    How is the collection on TVV for newer content. Does it have untouched Blu-rays ?
    Go into their IRC chat. They have a bot of sorts that posts the listing of new content as it goes up. I've seen different qualities pop up.

There is no newer content in regards to shows. They have a rule for that. I think content posted has to have aired 5 years prior. I may be wrong on the specifics. The tracker is meant to archive old and hard to find shows.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

MongoD (27.01.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Your example of soft ban on RED I think is the reason why I cannot get my account back. Back in 2010, ...
    Your story is similar to my experience getting an inactive account reenabled at another prominent tracker. Like you, I was asked to name my inviter, and couldn't. Fortunately for me, I was able to supply other details that were considered good enough. Unfortunately for you, staff are sometimes pedantic and arrogant with these matters, and that's clearly what happened here. The aforementioned BitMeTV was even worse, which prevented me from feeling particularly sad about their de facto shutdown, despite the loss of rare and valuable material.

Anyway, I wonder why having your account's password and an IP matching the ones on record is enough to prove (at least implicitly) you're the owner unless inactivity is involved, which apparently demands an interrogation instead. For that matter, I wonder why inactivity policies are a thing in the first place... besides being able to sell immunity to them via a donation, tee hee.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Your story is similar to my experience getting an inactive account reenabled at another prominent tracker. Like you, I was asked to name my inviter, and couldn't. Fortunately for me, I was able to supply other details that were considered good enough. Unfortunately for you, staff are sometimes pedantic and arrogant with these matters, and that's clearly what happened here. The aforementioned BitMeTV was even worse, which prevented me from feeling particularly sad about their de facto shutdown, despite the loss of rare and valuable material.

Anyway, I wonder why having your account's password and an IP matching the ones on record is enough to prove (at least implicitly) you're the owner unless inactivity is involved, which apparently demands an interrogation instead. For that matter, I wonder why inactivity policies are a thing in the first place... besides being able to sell immunity to them via a donation, tee hee.

The person who invited me to BTN is also the one who invited me to BitMeTV and TV-Torrents. I remember BitMe had the best content, but it was very much so a "look but don't touch" atmosphere. I was always afraid to download anything. Everyone had seedboxes, they gave you little to no upload credit, and staff seemed hands off in regards to helping members become part of the community. TV-Torrents was the one I used for awhile. I wonder why two of the three folded.

I found out the account was disabled when I tried logging in and it asked me to create a new password. When I did I got the deactivation message. I was able to tell them where I was living at the time. I was willing to send them a copy of my registration e mail. I was even willing to send them a copy of my BitMeTV invite that came from the same user. All in the interest of showing it wasn't just someone feeding me information. It was not good enough.

The mod told me I didn't have bad reputation with the tracker. I said "No reputation is better than bad reputation, right?". In return I received the response "If you had bad reputation this conversation would already be over".

I understand safety and security. I understand wanting to keep bad members out. I just feel a lot of these people take their staff positions way too seriously.

BTN allows you to be inactive if you donate?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    I remember BitMe had the best content, but it was very much so a "look but don't touch" atmosphere. I was always afraid to download anything. Everyone had seedboxes, they gave you little to no upload credit, and staff seemed hands off in regards to helping members become part of the community. TV-Torrents was the one I used for awhile. I wonder why two of the three folded.
    BitMeTV was indeed hard to seed on and in general somewhat stuck in time, with a hard economy, "if everyone else could make it so can you" mentality, and no improvements or changes to functionality or appearance in years. As I recall, it was this latter autopilot state of sorts that ultimately did them in: the database crashed and no one had the privileges to fix it. Great content, though - if you wanted a very old or very rare show, chances were it would be available there.

TvTorrents.com was excellent. Also had a wide selection of torrents, but no ratio drama. Some complained about the custom interface and creds system, but neither was really a problem. I was both surprised and saddened by their shutdown.

The mod told me I didn't have bad reputation with the tracker. I said "No reputation is better than bad reputation, right?". In return I received the response "If you had bad reputation this conversation would already be over".
    A most comforting thought... and yet, the end result was the same

BTN allows you to be inactive if you donate?
    Yes, as do most if not all other trackers.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast