+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ghostleech on torrent streaming apps?

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss26

Ghostleech on torrent streaming apps?

Hi all,

I've been on this forum for a few years now but less and less lately as (like a lot of people) I feel the need to torrent less and less these days, especially for movies and TV.

A lot of this is due to streaming and I mainly use stremio when the content isn't on a streaming service I have access to. This is much more convenient than torrenting full series, setting up a NAS ect.

My query is, since stremio and popcorntime pull torrents from public trackers, why can't we do the same for private trackers? Could we mod these clients to also ghostleech, effectively giving us large libraries of well-seeded content to stream without buffering?

I'm not sure if there is a technical limitation and I can't find a similar discussion on here so I'm sorry if it exists.

Any thoughts?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH748 View Post
    My query is, since stremio and popcorntime pull torrents from public trackers, why can't we do the same for private trackers? Could we mod these clients to also ghostleech, effectively giving us large libraries of well-seeded content to stream without buffering?
    Of course it's possible, but "ghostleeching mod for torrent streaming clients" isn't something that gets requested often.

If you're somehow able to set a SOCKS proxy for tracker announces only, ProxyFake has a ghostleeching mode, but it doesn't support HTTPS trackers. Other than that, BiglyBT Extreme Mod has a sequential downloading feature; if you combine that with ghostleeching mode and tell your media player to open the file as it is downloaded, I guess it gets close enough.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss26
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Of course it's possible, but "ghostleeching mod for torrent streaming clients" isn't something that gets requested often.

If you're somehow able to set a SOCKS proxy for tracker announces only, ProxyFake has a ghostleeching mode, but it doesn't support HTTPS trackers. Other than that, BiglyBT Extreme Mod has a sequential downloading feature; if you combine that with ghostleeching mode and tell your media player to open the file as it is downloaded, I guess it gets close enough.
    Thanks for the reply. I've seen that feature in Bigly so assumed it was possible. It would be amazing if such a feature could be linked with a media app with nice UI like stremio though. It would be an endgame solution for streaming given the organised libraries of content available on sites like PTP and MTV.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss176
    ghostleeching on private trackers will get you banned. At least on high level private trackers, you will quickly get caught and your account disabled.

Also of course it's possible to make a streaming app for use on private trackers, but good luck getting it on the approved client list.

So no go.
    Last edited by cirulilu; 09.12.20 at 15:08.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss26
    Quote Originally Posted by cirulilu View Post
    ghostleeching on private trackers will get you banned. At least on high level private trackers, you will quickly get caught and your account disabled.
    That hasn't been my experience at all. I've never been banned anywhere in over a decade, but my usage is moderate.

Also of course it's possible to make a streaming app for use on private trackers, but good luck getting it on the approved client list.

So no go.
    Couldn't it just spoof the client like BiglyBT does?
    Last edited by MarkH748; 09.12.20 at 18:47.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss176
    That hasn't been my experience at all. I've never been banned anywhere in over a decade, but my usage is moderate.

Couldn't it just spoof the client like BiglyBT does?
    you've been ghostleeching on trackers like PTP?
    I tried that long time ago on what.cd, got detected next day and banned.
    Using it on iptorrent and other general trackers is a joke, but on any serious tracker it just won't do.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss26
    you've been ghostleeching on trackers like PTP?
    I tried that long time ago on what.cd, got detected next day and banned.
    Using it on iptorrent and other general trackers is a joke, but on any serious tracker it just won't do.
    Yes but I don't use PTP much. Even having something like this work with the content on IPT or TL would be amazing.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    There are several ways to ghostleech, and some torrents are better suited for it than others. Trackers can take limited countermeasures, but if done correctly, it's virtually impossible to detect it (or at least detect who is doing it).
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

MarkH748 (10.12.20)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss176
    Yes but I don't use PTP much. Even having something like this work with the content on IPT or TL would be amazing.
    uTorrent Pro has streaming capabilities, if someone can integrate those in userenity, add ipt search bar and voila.

This is very much doable.
    Last edited by cirulilu; 10.12.20 at 02:38.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

MarkH748 (10.12.20)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Doable if you're Owyn, who sadly hasn't been active in years

I have attempted to port Serenity to uTorrent 3.x.x, but it was beyond my skills. It's not a simple DLL injection - he also added code in empty gaps of the main executable, and in all likelihood there are some integrity checks too.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

cirulilu (10.12.20)

P2P Client
    sb-innovation
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss92
    I am using ghostleeching from many years. I am using BiglyBT and working awsome til now
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

MarkH748 (10.12.20)

P2P Client
    Tixati 2.6.7
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Quote Originally Posted by whyme View Post
    I am using ghostleeching from many years. I am using BiglyBT and working awsome til now
    even in cabal trackers ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by whyme View Post
    Despite writing tutorials for it and even making a ghostleeching mod for uTorrent (1.8.x wiped the peer list if you edited trackers on private torrents), it was never a method I used much. One big exception was Vuze Extreme Mod plus a throwaway Waffles account with lots of snatchlist entries and zero traffic It was still active when they effectively shut down.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sb-innovation
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss92
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Despite writing tutorials for it and even making a ghostleeching mod for uTorrent (1.8.x wiped the peer list if you edited trackers on private torrents), it was never a method I used much. One big exception was Vuze Extreme Mod plus a throwaway Waffles account with lots of snatchlist entries and zero traffic It was still active when they effectively shut down.
    Are you taking about this ghostleech option, wirte?

I am using in private trackers like EMp, IPT, m-TEAM, ggn...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghostleech.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	20842
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Yes. Waffles complained if you announced too frequently, so I had to set the delay to 301 seconds, with the no report setting enabled to avoid changing my ratio.

Also, during mod development, I was the one who suggested that "Blocked by ghostleeching" be displayed instead of a generic error message
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread