+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: qBittorrent 4.2.5

  1. #1
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    36,536
    Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss36536

    qBittorrent 4.2.5

    As of version 4.0.4, this client uses an individual peer_id, so it's okay to run both mRatio and qBittorrent at the same time. Also, this emulation has support for the "IP/hostname to report to tracker" feature.

    This client emulates the following settings, so make sure your real qBittorrent 4.2.5 also uses them:
    • Encryption mode: Allow encryption
    • Optional IP address to bind to: All addresses (but read the comments regarding IPv6 below)
      Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
      ...the "Listen on IPv6 address" checkbox, it has been removed in 4.2.1 (which I unbelievably also failed to notice), with "Optional IP address to bind to" now apparently being the favored way to accomplish that, and set to "All addresses" by default.

      I always cross-check client files against the real thing before posting them, and this one obviously passed that test, but I have no IPv6 connectivity whatsoever. It is possible that for those with a dual-stack setup, an IPv6 address may now be explicitly reported to the tracker (which this emulation doesn't do) under the default settings. Feedback on this matter would be appreciated.

    Very important: after changing the emulation for your torrents, be sure to close mR and open it again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  2. Who Said Thanks:

    eaonflux (22.08.20) , sigduwksnsksis9283 (10.08.20) , Ishino (07.06.20) , BearyTeddie (04.06.20) , DudiLankri (29.05.20) , innovator70 (13.05.20) , illusive (11.05.20) , joe1982 (02.05.20) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (01.05.20) , AxiomaticDirection (01.05.20)

  3. #2
    sorry to ask here anon but since you said qbit uses individual peer_id so it has static key right or no?
    cause im seeing different key's on torrents https://i.imgur.com/RMGC1tJ.png & https://i.imgur.com/ZY9ogjg.png (which should be normal for mr tho) so my last bit of paranoia hits me and makes me ask this question... is it still okay if i use qbit(on mr) and seed big files through this on higher level trackers like ggn,ab,ahd,etc and use it to download files normally too since you said it won't cause any trouble...

    sorry for these noob questions im just paranoid before i fuckup on upper tier trackers.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  4. #3
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    36,536
    Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss36536
    Quote Originally Posted by sigduwksnsksis9283 View Post
    sorry to ask here anon but since you said qbit uses individual peer_id so it has static key right or no?
    cause im seeing different key's on torrents https://i.imgur.com/RMGC1tJ.png & https://i.imgur.com/ZY9ogjg.png (which should be normal for mr tho)
    Static and global are two different terms... which I used interchangeably in my previous explanation, sorry I've just corrected my posts in the "RatioMaster Plus 2.1" thread.

    Here's the summary. In qBittorrent's case, the peer_id and key are static, but not global. So it uses a different pair of values for each torrent (which is the behavior you're seeing in those screenshots) and remembers them when a torrent is stopped and started. The port is global, but can be configured manually to match the real client, so no worries there. In any case, the main idea was correct: in mRatio, it doesn't matter that you can't use the memory reader for qBittorrent, you're okay as long as the port number is the same.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  5. Who Said Thanks:

    sigduwksnsksis9283 (11.08.20)

  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Here's the summary. In qBittorrent's case, the peer_id and key are static, but not global. So it uses a different pair of values for each torrent (which is the behavior you're seeing in those screenshots) and remembers them when a torrent is stopped and started.
    but when a torrent is stopped and restarted i see both of those being changed so i assume its a common behavior?

    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    The port is global, but can be configured manually to match the real client, so no worries there. In any case, the main idea was correct: in mRatio, it doesn't matter that you can't use the memory reader for qBittorrent, you're okay as long as the port number is the same.
    Nice, thanks for the explanation
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  7. #5
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    36,536
    Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss36536
    Quote Originally Posted by sigduwksnsksis9283 View Post
    but when a torrent is stopped and restarted i see both of those being changed
    I'll look into this...
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  8. Who Said Thanks:

    sigduwksnsksis9283 (11.08.20)

  9. #6
    i'll post a detailed report on the mratio thread... this maybe either due to me seeding loads of torrent like 2k-3k right now. so torrents get deleted after each start and ask for confirmation and stuff...
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

  10. #7
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    36,536
    Activity Longevity
    14/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss36536
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I'll look into this...
    I was not able to reproduce this problem. The client emulation is configured to use a static, non-global peer_id and key, and mRatio obeyed said behavior during testing.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •