+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drunkenslug registration is open!

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2058
    They are good, though they are losing a lot of nzb recently (can't complete). I think someone may be reporting the files.
    it's hip to be square
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    Definitely worth it. I have been using their service for couple years now. This one and NZBgeek are my top two. Dog is good but expensive.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 2/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss127
    DrunkenSlug is open for registration at the moment.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Ktorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    To be honest ... I admit I haven't take it seriously enough so far ...

Let me understand ...

The 'plan' would be ... contract and monthly pay a good enough usenet provider ... then wait for a chance to register into a very good 'indexer' and ... you're good to go ????

For a newbie in this world like me ... in comparation terms, regarding to CONTENT and seeders ... would it be 'SIMILAR' to enjoy a PTP account ???

Thank you !!!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansho View Post
    The 'plan' would be ... contract and monthly pay a good enough usenet provider ... then wait for a chance to register into a very good 'indexer' and ... you're good to go ????
    In principle, yes, but there are more variables involved.

Firstly, "good enough Usenet provider" depends on their takedown policy, backbone, retention period, your location, and of course budget. Secondly, the top indexers take more work to join than "wait for a chance to register" as they don't open signups at all (although those that do will give you a good overview of what's available). As for having an experience similar to a PTP account, it's hard to make comparisons since very few specialized NZB sites exist in the first place; I daresay that just like with HDBits, a lot of what hits PTP eventually trickles down to indexers, but once again there is no direct equivalent of it just like there isn't one for music, games, etc.

That may sound intimidating, but on the positive side, you don't need to worry about seeders: anything that's within your provider's retention period and hasn't been taken down can be downloaded at full speed, irrespective of upload date, and without care for ratios or copyright agencies. In contrast, torrents only last for as long as people are willing to seed them...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    They are good, though they are losing a lot of nzb recently (can't complete). I think someone may be reporting the files.
    Drunkenslug is not the only one with this issue. This is now quite a common occurrence issue among indexers. If you have been a member for very long time you might have noticed. from Dog, NinjaCentral, NzbG, ... (even the ones that do not want to be named) and also the forum styled sites as well have this issue.

The usual culprit is server issues and the likes, then of course it could also be poor server script management or otherwise. For instance, Dog purged its entire Misc (Other) section listings a few years back, after server issues. The section had some very obscure listing I haven't seen indexed anywhere. It was such a loss.

There is also the possibility it could be because they volume of newer indexed releases is so much that the older nzbs have to be curtailed for the newer ones. Dog again used this rationale to remove older retention.

One would only notice if you ever archived grabbed nzbs any tracker, then tagged/re-named them eg [dogNZB SVCD-June 2018.rar] and cross checking them once again or preferably just even bookmarked them in some way.

The lost nzbs are always centered around the older yester year releases. Yes! One could argue, why bother with those from 5 plus years ago, but when they haven't been neither any re-release nor repack and indexed, those older ones are essentially the only source of those releases.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (09.04.23)

Drunken Slug Registration Open 28-04-2023

Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (30.04.23) , Mag1sk (28.04.23)

sharpgregor
    I will gladly register as soon as registration will be open again