Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977

F9: The Fast Saga

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (09.02.20) , slikrapid (04.02.20) , anon (02.02.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Rocket engines and car bungee jumping. They keep outdoing themselves with the mindless, impossible action sequences, I'll give them that.

Was that Han at the end? I thought they'd killed him off when the actor didn't return for the role
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Rocket engines and car bungee jumping. They keep outdoing themselves with the mindless, impossible action sequences, I'll give them that.

Was that Han at the end? I thought they'd killed him off when the actor didn't return for the role
    I can't believe how much stupid shit they put in this movie.
    I think that's Han, we saw him die Tokyo Drift!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    I think that's Han, we saw him die Tokyo Drift!
    Could be worse, could be Paul
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

ukrnshops (08.02.20)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Thank god technology is not there yet! Let the man rest in peace!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by VA
    Thank god technology is not there yet! Let the man rest in peace!
    Paul was already there...

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    At the time of his death, Walker had been filming Furious 7, which was slated for release in July 2014. The film was completed by using his brothers Caleb and Cody as his body doubles/stand-ins and CGI, and was released in April 2015.[
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

(14.02.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    Paul was already there...
    Indeed, but after Furious 7 they had the respect and good sense not to bring him back from the dead to do yet another sequel... for now.

The implications of this sort of CGI are interesting. One day it may progress to the point you don't need to have the actual actors to feature them in a movie. Of course, video recordings would then no longer be reliable as legal evidence (like on Prison Break where they edited a gunshot in a security camera recording of Lincoln, but now they wouldn't even need to record Lincoln at all).
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    One day it may progress to the point you don't need to have the actual actors to feature them in a movie.
    actors are the ones carrying the movie, people often choose to watch a movie just because their favorite actor stars in it
    it could be said that overreliance on cgi is one of the reasons for a continued downfall of quality entertainment
    even video game movie-like rendering is still based on human acting/actors
    and if it occasionally did happen, it may be considered an exception to the rule

video recordings would then no longer be reliable as legal evidence
    the corrupt/immoral legal systems (of past, present and future) are not interested in the truth, but rather in keeping a status quo when it suits them financially, politically, ideologically and otherwise
    if the system is not reliable in this sense, what to speak of their usage of any kind of evidence
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    actors are the ones carrying the movie, people often choose to watch a movie just because their favorite actor stars in it
    it could be said that overreliance on cgi is one of the reasons for a continued downfall of quality entertainment
    even video game movie-like rendering is still based on human acting/actors
    and if it occasionally did happen, it may be considered an exception to the rule
    Some would not want to watch if the actor(s) aren't real, others would not care as long as it's done well. Then you'd have the issues of voice acting, and how actors should be compensated for the use of their likenesses even though they technically aren't in the movie, and what happens to plans for future movies if they die like Paul, and...

Let's not forget the 2Pac hologram of 2012, a shining example of a similar concept. In my opinion it was done well and respectfully, but at the time there was a lot of controversy regarding plans to replicate these efforts with other deceased artists and the ethics of "bringing them back from the dead" like this for our entertainment. However, the company behind it went bankrupt and apparently no one else has attempted to redo this since.

As for CGI, it is just a tool; if done badly it can detract from the experience, but the reason most new movies suck it's because the storylines are mediocre and good eye candy doesn't make up for it (which is likely what you meant with overreliance).

the corrupt/immoral legal systems (of past, present and future) are not interested in the truth, but rather in keeping a status quo when it suits them financially, politically, ideologically and otherwise
    if the system is not reliable in this sense, what to speak of their usage of any kind of evidence
    They aren't perfect, and they can be gamed by the rich and powerful or simply very talented lawyers (see Mr. Loophole), but at least there is a path to some sort of justice, sometimes. With something like this, things would get even muddier.

Then again, once the technology is there I don't expect it to be accessible to anyone other than said rich and powerful for a long time, so this may be a moot point.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 sssss2060
    Another one? Nice, I like that.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    Some would not want to watch if the actor(s) aren't real
    many people would watch at first simply because it is a novelty; whether it could last is another matter

Let's not forget the 2Pac hologram of 2012, a shining example of a similar concept. In my opinion it was done well and respectfully
    on the other hand, it could be said that it goes against rapper motto of 'keeping it real'

However, the company behind it went bankrupt and apparently no one else has attempted to redo this since.
    The Lion King (2019), minus the holograms, minus celebrity lions/animals

but at least there is a path to some sort of justice, sometimes.
    actually, proper justice is being served all the time, in every single moment of time, without exception (a perfect system)
    as the humanity sows, so it shall reap
    so if you feel there is injustice in the world, it is well deserved as a result of past actions of the inhabitants of the world (karma)
    the solution for the world is simple: restore morality in the world and the world will reap its benefits
    the solution for a single individual person is analogous: restore morality of a person and the person, as well as his associates and surroundings, will reap its benefits

Then again, once the technology is there I don't expect it to be accessible to anyone other than said rich and powerful for a long time,
    all the more reason why the rich and powerful need to be (or are supposed to be) exemplary in their morality
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    actually, proper justice is being served all the time, in every single moment of time, without exception (a perfect system)
    as the humanity sows, so it shall reap
    so if you feel there is injustice in the world, it is well deserved as a result of past actions of the inhabitants of the world (karma)
    the solution for the world is simple: restore morality in the world and the world will reap its benefits
    the solution for a single individual person is analogous: restore morality of a person and the person, as well as his associates and surroundings, will reap its benefits
    Since we mentioned 2Pac, I suppose this is fitting...

Take the evil out of people, they'll be acting right
    'cause both black and white are smoking crack tonight
    And the only time we chill is when we kill each other
    It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (09.02.20)

+ Reply to Thread