>>>>>> BitTorrent Inc. <<<<<<

╔═══════════════════════════╗
    Modded by:
    ╚═══════════════════════════╝

>>>>>> anon <<<<<<

Changelog / Features:

· Removed all advertisements (even the one in the bottom left corner that just wouldn't go away)
    · Removed all Facebook and Twitter crap
    · Removed all the call-homes I could find
    · Trimmed the executable by almost 2 MB by removing the included binary blobs, HTML and digital signature
    · There are no cheating features, it's just for those who want a lightweight client

Known issues:

· "Upgrade to Pro" always appears in the sidebar.
    Workaround: go to Options -> Preferences -> Advanced. Close the window, then do the same again but hold Shift+F2 before clicking on Preferences. Find gui.show_plus_upsell_nodes and set it to false. That setting is ignored on startup, so you'll have to do this every time you run the program.

· A very rare (once per six months of 24/7 runtime in average) issue that causes the program to crash silently. Not known if it's due to the mod or just a bug in uTorrent itself. May only occur if you have partial seeding torrents active, but this is unconfirmed.

· Clicking where the globe icon would be in the bottom right corner of the window still opens the Preferences dialog.

· Ticking "Enable protocol enhancements" in the settings spams you with error messages and unhides the Plus advertisement in the bottom left corner. Don't do it.

· uTorrent will default to TLS 1.0 if no Schannel policies are set, which means many HTTPS trackers won't work. Merging the bundled registry file will solve this.

Technical information:

· Find the official uTorrent release matching the build number the mod is based on; extract Carrier.exe from it using 7-Zip or similar
    · Use unsigntool to remove the digital certificate from Carrier.exe
    · Use UPX to decompress said executable
    · Use Resource Hacker to remove all resources of type CSS, GIF, JS, PNG, RCData and HTML from it
    · At this point, filesize should be identical to the mod's and you'll be able to spot all the changes I've made with any binary comparison tool.
    · The only non-obvious difference should be the PE checksum, which can be corrected by using PEChkSum

· settings.dat: comes preconfigured to disable all advertisements, call-homes and non-essential features
    · updates.dat: dummy read-only file that prevents uTorrent from storing data about (manual) client updates
    · social.bmp: effectively hides the Facebook, Twitter and language icons in the status bar by replacing them with 100% transparent ones
    · TLS Fix.reg: sets several Schannel registry entries to specifically allow TLS 1.x secure protocols
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (05.09.20) , cloud99 (05.09.20) , Mooxi (10.07.20) , drive (30.06.20) , mcerar333 (12.05.20) , seldom (01.05.20) , winter06 (20.04.20) , qUeLo (15.04.20) , 12321 (10.04.20) , whyme (21.03.20) , RaMa (21.03.20) , Mon (21.03.20) , termit779 (08.03.20) , Sazzy (06.03.20) , menes (23.02.20) , ffp (19.02.20) , brun (17.02.20) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (29.01.20) , joe1982 (25.01.20) , coolio256 (21.01.20)

P2P Client
    Tixati 2.6.7
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 0/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss60
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    The latest one rearranged interface elements after more than a decade, and I don't want to "relearn" the program. The old version works fine in any case.
    no bugs in that version ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    15/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss36532
    None that I have noticed. By the way, you said on another thread that you use Windows 10, so why not help me with this?

I need some help from anyone running Windows 10 v1903 or above. Go to your Internet Settings, disable SSL 3.0 and enable all versions of TLS up to 1.3, then send me the output of the following commands.

Code:
    reg query "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "SecureProtocols"
    reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols" /s
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Tixati 2.6.7
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 0/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss60
    None that I have noticed. By the way, you said on another thread that you use Windows 10, so why not help me with this?
    and how is the effect of this command ? i have to be sure
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    15/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss36532
    It displays the contents of those two registry entries. I need them to create an updated TLS Fix.reg file that will let the mod work fine on HTTPS trackers. You may have to open the Command Prompt window as administrator for the second command to work.

Note that you must "go to your Internet Settings [and] disable SSL 3.0 and enable all versions of TLS up to 1.3" first. I think SSL 3.0 is disabled by default these days, but I'm not sure about the latter, as it's only recently been added to Windows.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Tixati 2.6.7
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 0/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss60
    The latest one rearranged interface elements after more than a decade, and I don't want to "relearn" the program. The old version works fine in any case.
    oh yeah, is it the same reason so many trackers out there, recommend older version of some clients rather than newer version ?

---------- Post Merged at 11:44 ---------- Previous Post was at 11:39 ----------

It displays the contents of those two registry entries. I need them to create an updated TLS Fix.reg file that will let the mod work fine on HTTPS trackers. You may have to open the Command Prompt window as administrator for the second command to work.

Note that you must "go to your Internet Settings [and] disable SSL 3.0 and enable all versions of TLS up to 1.3" first. I think SSL 3.0 is disabled by default these days, but I'm not sure about the latter, as it's only recently been added to Windows.
    i will do it, and how i upload the reg file? SSL 3.0 disabled by default, yes

first command result
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
    SecureProtocols REG_DWORD 0x2a80

second command result
    does not show anything
    Last edited by sashiagustina; 18.09.20 at 06:48.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

anon (18.09.20)

Activity Longevity
    15/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss36532
    Quote Originally Posted by sashiagustina View Post
    oh yeah, is it the same reason so many trackers out there, recommend older version of some clients rather than newer version ?
    No, that's rather related to how accurately they report traffic and adhere to the protocol and enhancement specifications.

first command result
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
    SecureProtocols REG_DWORD 0x2a80

second command result
    does not show anything
    Excellent, thank you. 0x2A80 is the value I expected for SecureProtocols, but I wanted to be sure. As for the other one, getting no results is a possible outcome, but just to confirm, did you run it as administrator?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Tixati 2.6.7
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 0/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss60
    No, that's rather related to how accurately they report traffic and adhere to the protocol and enhancement specifications.

Excellent, thank you. 0x2A80 is the value I expected for SecureProtocols, but I wanted to be sure. As for the other one, getting no results is a possible outcome, but just to confirm, did you run it as administrator?
    i did run it as admin, something wrong with my pc ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    15/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss36532
    Quote Originally Posted by sashiagustina View Post
    something wrong with my pc ?
    No, as I said it's possible for the key to be empty.

Anyway, with this, I already have the .reg file for the upcoming version ready. Thanks for your cooperation!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Tixati 2.6.7
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 0/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss60
    No, as I said it's possible for the key to be empty.

Anyway, with this, I already have the .reg file for the upcoming version ready. Thanks for your cooperation!
    you are welcome :)
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12