Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    hype is strong with this one, although it doesn't seem too attractive from what is shown in the trailer
    showing things in reverse all the time looks like a cheap gimmick to impress the viewers
    the story could be a mess, attempting to connect all that localized time travel or time inversion elements

the main actors are poorly chosen:
    - John David Washington seems bland, lacking charisma in his appearance, seems he is there to fill the black actor quota, practically an unknown actor with little acting experience, having a famous father (Denzel Washington), this is an attempt to launch his career with a big budget movie, trying to convince the audience to accept him as a new acting star
    - Robert Pattinson - his most memorable role was from the Twilight movie series, after which he had numerous lesser roles, none worth mentioning

supporting actors are relatively unknown, except for example:
    - Michael Caine - probably playing the same sidekick character as in his other big budget movies

Quote Originally Posted by Definition of tenet
    : a principle, belief, or doctrine generally held to be true especially : one held in common by members of an organization, movement, or profession

notice how the movie will be premiering after the Corona crisis, when there will be a cinemagoer thirst for new movies and thus a large possibility for profit - this is likely not a coincidence since hollywood is embedded with the deep state, serving the same kind of propaganda, in this case regarding a 3rd world war scenario (already planned by the deep state) and selling dreams of being able to reverse the past & present (which speaks of an inability or unwillingness to accept the perceived reality as it is), among others

it is said that 'the Truth will set you free' - in this sense, hollywood is spreading deception, fiction and pipe dreams, which therefore have the opposite effect: keeping you chained and attached to materialistic illusions
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (02.06.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    - John David Washington seems bland, lacking charisma in his appearance, seems he is there to fill the black actor quota, practically an unknown actor with little acting experience, having a famous father (Denzel Washington), this is an attempt to launch his career with a big budget movie, trying to convince the audience to accept him as a new acting star
    Everyone's got to start somewhere Hype and all, I would say this is pretty good for his first big movie role.

notice how the movie will be premiering after the Corona crisis, when there will be a cinemagoer thirst for new movies and thus a large possibility for profit - this is likely not a coincidence since hollywood is embedded with the deep state, serving the same kind of propaganda, in this case regarding a 3rd world war scenario (already planned by the deep state) and selling dreams of being able to reverse the past & present (which speaks of an inability or unwillingness to accept the perceived reality as it is), among others

it is said that 'the Truth will set you free' - in this sense, hollywood is spreading deception, fiction and pipe dreams, which therefore have the opposite effect: keeping you chained and attached to materialistic illusions
    There's a difference between escapism (which all fiction is to a degree) and propaganda or "selling dreams". The former is fine, and I daresay we have never needed it more than we do now. In any case, regardless of which one they're aiming for, it's very daring to put out a production with this budget in the middle of the crisis. With large gatherings prohibited and lockdowns all around the world, profits from cinema goers will be much lower than usual and it may take them a long time to break even.

As for the trailer, unfortunately it looks like someone just found out video can be played backwards and wanted to make a movie based around that. The "inversion" gimmick and all the mystery around this Tenet thing don't make up for what appears to be a generic action flick.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    I just wonder how many times will I have to rewatch the movie to actually fully understand what's it about???
    Inception, I had to watch it three times to understand everything!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    There's a difference between escapism (which all fiction is to a degree) and propaganda or "selling dreams". The former is fine, and I daresay we have never needed it more than we do now.
    with big budget movies it is a no-brainer, the propaganda is practically always there, often spread thick in many layers

in a spiritual sense, the very reason for the downfall of mankind is ignorance of the nature of reality; in other words, a desire to experience the illusory materialistic world

escapism would be trying to escape into an illusion (a fictional movie) within an illusory reality (materialistic world), which not only does not solve the original reason for wanting to escape (suffering in the materialistic world), but makes it even worse (attachment to sources of suffering)

In any case, regardless of which one they're aiming for, it's very daring to put out a production with this budget in the middle of the crisis. With large gatherings prohibited and lockdowns all around the world, profits from cinema goers will be much lower than usual and it may take them a long time to break even.
    if predictions of a 2nd viral wave are accurate, soon there will be a period of about 3 months when things will return somewhat close to a normal (or to a so-called new normal) - guess what, this movie is coming out right in the middle of this period - so it is not daring at all if they had advance knowledge of what is going to happen, thus making the most profit available under the circumstances
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (02.06.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    I just wonder how many times will I have to rewatch the movie to actually fully understand what's it about???
    Inception, I had to watch it three times to understand everything!
    Ah, Inception. We had the best of times, we had the worst of times.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=15150

I liked it (mindfuck ending too), but it didn't blow my mind enough to watch it more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    escapism would be trying to escape into an illusion (a fictional movie) within an illusory reality (materialistic world), which not only does not solve the original reason for wanting to escape (suffering in the materialistic world), but makes it even worse (attachment to sources of suffering)
    Moderation is the key

if predictions of a 2nd viral wave are accurate, soon there will be a period of about 3 months when things will return somewhat close to a normal (or to a so-called new normal) - guess what, this movie is coming out right in the middle of this period - so it is not daring at all if they had advance knowledge of what is going to happen, thus making the most profit available under the circumstances
    Possible, although I think that theory overrelies on what we know about the virus slowing down with higher temperatures (most profits from cinemas come from the northern hemisphere) and perhaps some wishful thinking (from both Hollywood and the general populace) that things have to get better soon, so I still see this as a risky gamble rather than a carefully engineered moneymaking move.

In any case, I wouldn't pay to watch this even if there was no corona.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Deluge, Qbittorrent, uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss37
    Always enjoyed Nolan's movies, their plots seem intricate and deep. Inception and Interstellar were classic favs of mine, as was the Dark Knight Trilogy, Prestige....

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Ah, Inception. We had the best of times, we had the worst of times.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=15150

In any case, I wouldn't pay to watch this even if there was no corona.
    Well I would

There seems to be hype for this movie and from what I've read, its not overhyped at all. Its nice to have a movie with intricate and clever plot during these times.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by hellodark69 View Post
    Always enjoyed Nolan's movies, their plots seem intricate and deep. Inception and Interstellar were classic favs of mine, as was the Dark Knight Trilogy, Prestige....
    I really liked Interstellar too. Watched it with a friend when it came out; I remember we had to wait until 2 AM because all previous showings were fully booked. We left the cinema around 5:30 AM and wanting more... it was that good. Great writing, great acting, and everything came together in the end. The ending had a sequel hook, but there haven't been any news about that as far as I know.

Later on, I would also watch Hoshi no Koe (a.k.a. Voices of a Distant Star), have it become another favorite of mine, and learn it was one of many sources of inspiration for Nolan's movie.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread