Closed Thread
Page 62 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracker forums that offer invites to other trackers [ARCHIVED]

I want to start a proper list of invite threads

https://github.com/PredictablePirate...rInviteThreads

please contribute if you can, I've added all invite threads on MAM and BLU.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (05.03.22) , anon (04.01.21)

Quote Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
    You are not missing much if you are not on AHD. A combination of FL/IPT/HD-T will give you way more selection than AHD.
    AHD probably has a few things other trackers dont have or other trackers have the same thing but not seeded. Having as many trackers as I can helps me have a choice when downloading something and the possibility to revive dead content in other trackers.

Been trying to get into AHD for a year. I'm in the top ranks for RED, BLU, BHD, HDT, etc but don't see any invite forums anywhere.
    Last edited by qwe_bth33; 03.01.21 at 20:22.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qwe_bth33 View Post
    Been trying to get into AHD for a year. I'm in the top ranks for RED, BLU, BHD, HDT, etc but don't see any invite forums anywhere.
    Try joining AB and then AHD from there. two birds in one stone.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss176
    Was on ahd long time ago, account is probably disabled now due to inactivity.
    I remember there were lot's of full bluray, remuxes, think there were some 4k too, thats when 4k started to appear. Maybe not that much of variety, but i think all torrents were well seeded.
    There is a point where you just have too many trackers and you have to decide which will you focus on, you can't juggle them all.
    Do you want huge movie database like PTP or a tracker with movies you can find pretty much everywhere else.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

PimpThisLamar (04.01.21)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by PredictablePirate View Post
    I want to start a proper list of invite threads

https://github.com/PredictablePirate...rInviteThreads

please contribute if you can, I've added all invite threads on MAM and BLU.
    Great initiative! A table format is much better than a forum thread for this. However, the problem with information summaries is that updates end up relying on a single person doing all the work. We tried this approach in the past and it didn't work out in the long run. I suggest finding some trusted editors so that the same thing doesn't happen to you!

Quote Originally Posted by cirulilu View Post
    There is a point where you just have too many trackers and you have to decide which will you focus on, you can't juggle them all.
    For a normal person, I agree; in fact, I would say that less is more. But some people seem to have infinite time and resources for the BitTorrent RPG
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Great initiative! A table format is much better than a forum thread for this. However, the problem with information summaries is that updates end up relying on a single person doing all the work. We tried this approach in the past and it didn't work out in the long run. I suggest finding some trusted editors so that the same thing doesn't happen to you!
    I agree completely :) that's why I'd like to use github, which allows anyone to edit the table and submit a patch. I don't know enough people personally that can help with a project like this, which is why I was hoping that posting here would help.

I'd also be more than happy to manually copy across any info posted on here as well. From looking at past posts it would only be partial information compared to what I've currently specified on there though.

There's an existing project on github that lists tracker statistics https://hdvinnie.github.io/Private-T...s-Spreadsheet/ which inspired me.
    Thanks

For a normal person, I agree; in fact, I would say that less is more. But some people seem to have infinite time and resources for the BitTorrent RPG
    most of the times its being done by teenagers or those in early twenties man you can't expect a old man to spend time in online politics of piracy.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by sigduwksnsksis9283 View Post
    most of the times its being done by teenagers or those in early twenties man
    Well, they definitely have more disposable income than I did at their age Anyway, as a prominent tracker staff member once said...

Quote Originally Posted by stoi
    The problem is, as an owner of a tracker for the best part of 10 years, you look for members that are active in the community, help others out even if they are complete noobs, but most of those that have the time to do that, are still at school.

usually you can spot them, but sometimes they do sneak through, but then I have known members that claimed to be 13-14 that were more mature than some 30 year old staff members we have had (well they said they were 30ish). but thats the point you just never know how old they actually are.

They can also change, great members helping out, give them power and they go on banning sprees or worse, deleting good members when they get bored or get told off for the littlest thing that they have done wrong.

Picking staff is probably the 2nd hardest thing, especially if the forums are dead, you tend to pick from irc, the hardest is demoting them for whatever reason.

anyway my point is its the nature of the beast, adults tend to work so play the games, watch the movies in whatever spare time they can muster, kids/students have the spare time to put into the communities, so they are usually the ones that get noticed and promoted as staff, some turn out great, others not so but you never know until you give them the chance.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

PimpThisLamar (07.01.21) , moonlite (06.01.21)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss52
    Picking staff is probably the 2nd hardest thing, especially if the forums are dead, you tend to pick from irc, the hardest is demoting them for whatever reason.
    Interesting post.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    And that reminds me, I have absolutely no idea what happened to stoi after the 2016 BCG busts. He had already stopped visting FileSharing Talk (the only place we both had a membership in common) two years prior.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss39
    What are different paths to AB (AnimeBytes). I am aware of Lztr and Alpharatio. Alpharatio's bonus points requirement is insane so I am trying to get promoted there and I am not on Lztr. So any other alternative paths to AB ?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Tixati 2.6.7
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Quote Originally Posted by MongoD View Post
    What are different paths to AB (AnimeBytes). I am aware of Lztr and Alpharatio. Alpharatio's bonus points requirement is insane so I am trying to get promoted there and I am not on Lztr. So any other alternative paths to AB ?
    r--e--d power user and above
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss52
    Seems like most Chinese trackers are closing their visitor login page.
    It says something bad happened last week but I have no idea.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlite View Post
    It says something bad happened last week but I have no idea.
    Renren Yingshi (YYeTs) is their most famous provider of pirated movies/TVs outside tracker circle, it's once again being busted by government for its high-profile use of piracy for profit (Last time is 2014).
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (13.09.21) , dcybergeek (18.01.21) , PimpThisLamar (14.01.21) , moonlite (14.01.21) , anon (14.01.21)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss52
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    Renren Yingshi (YYeTs) is their most famous provider of pirated movies/TVs outside tracker circle, it's once again being busted by government for its high-profile use of piracy for profit (Last time is 2014).
    OMG I've seen YYeTs' releases a lot before joining private trakcers.
    Thanks for the info. It solved my curiosity.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (13.01.21)

Closed Thread
Page 62 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast