+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mRatio TLS Fix v4 [BETA]

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss35886

mRatio TLS Fix v4 [BETA]

Not really a fix, more of a workaround for a workaround, but it seems to work. If you have one or more trackers where mRatio is unusable due to the EOF/0 bytes error (caused by lack of TLS 1.2 support) and want to test a possible solution, read on.

Grab the attachment and extract it somewhere. Run runme.bat as administrator, wait until it's fully initialized and leave it open, then run install.bat (also as administrator) to install the certificate. Open mRatio, load torrents and make sure they're configured to use a proxy: type SOCKS5, host 127.0.0.1, port 8080. Since this is an experiment and mRatio remembers each torrent's proxy settings but offers no way of changing them, I recommend making a separate install of the program and configuring the proxy in the settings before everything else, so that it doesn't need to be done on an individual basis. Anyway, add torrents, start, note results.

Note: don't load any torrents whose announce URL has a non-standard port (e.g. https://tracker.example.invalid:34000/...) yet. Make a list of all such URLs you encounter and post it here (whether they use HTTPS doesn't matter). Unfortunately, mRatio's proxy support is so broken it ignores the destination port, and uses the wrong one for HTTPS on top of that. The idea is building a "database" of special cases in redirect.py to correct requests before they are sent and compensate for this bug.

Plans for the future:
    • Proper release post with formatting and explanations
    • Better install script, or better yet, a graphical installer and interface
    • Public release (once we've collected enough tracker ports, see the note above)
    • Windows XP support (if reasonably possible)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

BrianZet (10.01.20) , Artbabelitta (05.01.20) , caracola2394 (02.01.20) , ffp (20.12.19) , dadodz23 (15.12.19) , coromantee (16.11.19) , whyme (09.11.19) , Outlaw (06.11.19) , Zigole (06.11.19) , austinpowers (06.11.19) , RaMa (06.11.19) , Lucius (01.11.19) , alpacino (01.11.19) , H265 (30.10.19) , Rebound (29.10.19)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss35886
    This thread is now public.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Caroldom (27.12.19) , rifkican (17.11.19)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss35886
    Attached Files
    mRatio TLS Fix [BETA].zip (17.37 MB, 98 views)
    Some feedback would be good
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Not really a fix, more of a workaround for a workaround, but it seems to work. If you have one or more trackers where mRatio is unusable due to the EOF/0 bytes error (caused by lack of TLS 1.2 support) and want to test a possible solution, read on.

Grab the attachment and extract it somewhere. Run runme.bat as administrator, wait until it's fully initialized and leave it open, then run install.bat (also as administrator) to install the certificate. Open mRatio, load torrents and make sure they're configured to use a proxy: type SOCKS5, host 127.0.0.1, port 8080. Since this is an experiment and mRatio remembers each torrent's proxy settings but offers no way of changing them, I recommend making a separate install of the program and configuring the proxy in the settings before everything else, so that it doesn't need to be done on an individual basis. Anyway, add torrents, start, note results.

Note: don't load any torrents whose announce URL has a non-standard port (e.g. https://tracker.example.invalid:34000/...) yet. Make a list of all such URLs you encounter and post it here (whether they use HTTPS doesn't matter). Unfortunately, mRatio's proxy support is so broken it ignores the destination port, and uses the wrong one for HTTPS on top of that. The idea is building a "database" of special cases in redirect.py to correct requests before they are sent and compensate for this bug.

Plans for the future:
    • Proper release post with formatting and explanations
    • Better install script
    • Public release (once we've collected enough tracker ports, see the note above)
    • Windows XP support
    hllo anon I am a novice and I don't know how to program. Thank you for releasing the new mRatio, but I don't know if this is different from the previous version.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss35886
    Quote Originally Posted by weixin View Post
    hllo anon I am a novice and I don't know how to program.
    Don't worry, you don't need to. Just follow the instructions in the first post carefully.

Also, note that this is an addition to mRatio, not a new version or a replacement. You'll need to have and run both programs.
    Thanks

works for me properly.
    but the cmd window can not be close by ctrl + break
    becuse my laptop has no "Break" key.

what shortcut can take instead?

---------- Post Merged at 12:52 ---------- Previous Post was at 12:28 ----------

autohide this cmd window function maybe helpful for all users when config success.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss35886
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfox373 View Post
    works for me properly.
    but the cmd window can not be close by ctrl + break
    becuse my laptop has no "Break" key.

what shortcut can take instead?
    Thanks for testing! As for the Break key, press Ctrl+ScrlLock or Ctrl+NumLock or try your luck with one of these:
    These may use the following substitutes for Break:
    Ctrl+Fn+F11 or Fn+B or Fn+Ctrl+B on certain Lenovo laptops.
    Ctrl+Fn+B or Fn+B on certain Dell laptops.
    Fn+Esc on Samsung.
    Ctrl+Fn+⇧ Shift on certain HP laptops.
    Fn+R on certain HP laptops.

Substitutes for Pause:
    Fn+P or Fn+Ctrl+P or Fn+Alt+P on certain Lenovo laptops.
    Fn+B on certain Dell laptops.
    Fn+⇧ Shift on certain HP laptops.
    Fn+W on certain HP laptops.

autohide this cmd window function maybe helpful for all users when config success.
    I'll look into improving the user interface if this goes out of beta, but right now I need the terminal window to be visible because 1. errors are logged there, 2. there would be no other way to close the program correctly.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Don't worry, you don't need to. Just follow the instructions in the first post carefully.

Also, note that this is an addition to mRatio, not a new version or a replacement. You'll need to have and run both programs.
    Hello moderator, thank you for your answer, I have studied for a long time and did not understand how this is used. I have been driving UT and then mRatio.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss35886
    Please tell me which part you're having trouble with. If necessary, I can supply a copy of mRatio that is pre-configured to use the proxy, therefore you would only need to open both programs and just load torrents.
    Thanks

Error after some hours

----------------------------------------
    Error in processing of request from ('127.0.0.1', 50503)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "mitmproxy\net\tcp.py", line 621, in serve_forever
    File "threading.py", line 846, in start
    RuntimeError: can't start new thread

----------------------------------------

btw,how can i get the memeber user class, i cannot access the the clean utorrent thread.
    Last edited by snowfox373; 10.12.19 at 15:23. Reason: add content
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

anon (11.12.19)

Activity Longevity
    6/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6634
    how can i get the memeber user class
    https://www.sb-innovation.de/faq.php...q_member_title
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss35886
    Error in processing of request from ('127.0.0.1', 50503)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "mitmproxy\net\tcp.py", line 621, in serve_forever
    File "threading.py", line 846, in start
    RuntimeError: can't start new thread
    Thanks for the report. Apparently this is a resource leak in mitmproxy for which there is no solution yet, besides restarting the program whenever it occurs. While tracker announces are tiny requests and I supplied conservative default settings (disabling unnecessary features), it would still eventually happen, especially if you have hundreds of active torrents.

https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/1148
    https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/3161
    https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/3399
    https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/3515
    https://github.com/mitmproxy/mitmproxy/issues/3520

I'll look into uploading a second beta with an updated Python runtime and the latest sources from Git, instead of the self-contained executable they provide for Windows. That may improve things.
    Thanks

After using TSL, there is still a website prompting such results
    QQ图片20191212085529.png

---------- Post Merged at 02:16 ---------- Previous Post was at 00:58 ----------

I ran 127.0.0.1 after running runme.bat and now my network is unstable. I would like to ask how to delete this? And how do I remove the install certificate from the root of the system?
    Last edited by weixin; 12.12.19 at 02:00.
    Thanks

thanks for your effort.
    i will report ASAP if other error occurs.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

AnBef (17.01.20)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss35886
    Quote Originally Posted by weixin View Post
    After using TSL, there is still a website prompting such results
    QQ图片20191212085529.png
    Alright, I finally had the time to check this today.

tracker.keepfrds.com is reachable inside and outside China, and resolves to the same addresses in both circumstances, so there's a reasonable chance the two of us are dealing with the same server. Also, there is cipher overlap between it and this fix (6 out of 7 available ciphers are supported by both). In fact, I just built a "fake" .torrent file, added it to mRatio with the fix open, and there is no EOF/0 bytes error; it does say the passkey is invalid, but that means connection to the tracker is working.

Therefore, the most likely chance is that the local proxy is not configured correctly or at all (mRatio's proxy settings do not apply retroactively and cannot be changed on an individual basis at all from the interface). I have attached an install of mRatio that is pre-configured to always use it by default. If you load your KeepFRDS torrents in it with the TLS fix open, they should work fine. If not, let me know and we'll try something else.

I ran 127.0.0.1 after running runme.bat and now my network is unstable. I would like to ask how to delete this? And how do I remove the install certificate from the root of the system?
    You can remove the certificate by running this command as administrator.

Code:
    certutil -delstore "Root" "mitmproxy"
    The fix makes no other changes to your system, so doing that and then deleting its files is enough for a complete uninstall.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast