+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any tool which helps us search once, get every tracker's results?

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254

Any tool which helps us search once, get every tracker's results?

ofc, every tracker means every tracker WE HAVE.

There're more than 20 private trackers in chinese, most of which are for movie and TV works, whose homogeneity of resources is very high. If we're looking for a not so popular movie, it may exist on more than a dozen trackers. It's obviously very troublesome that we have to open all trackers we have one by one, input keywords on every tracker one by one, to search and compare every result's format (original disc, diy, 720p 1080p x256) and size.

PT Plugin Plus is for solving this issue. It automatically does these search actions on every tracker WE HAVE in the background and extracts the results to one sheet. We only need to enter search keywords once to search all trackers, and on this returned merged list we can filter their formats, sort their sizes, and pick the desired one.

Unfortunately, this tool mainly supports chinese ones. Many well-known world-wide trackers are not supported. So, is there any similar tool for our english trackers? (search once, get every tracker's results) thanks.

https://github.com/ronggang/PT-Plugin-Plus
    Last edited by JohnareyouOK; 27.05.19 at 17:34.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    I'm not aware of something like this existing for international private trackers (there are a few multisearchers for public ones). It may be possible to extend the one you've linked to depending on whether it uses RSS, page scraping or an API to return results, and how it interprets them, but I'm not familiar with it.

With that said, it would be easy to write something that takes a term as input and opens search result pages for multiple trackers (with optional sorting and perhaps a few more things), using just HTML and JavaScript.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I'm not aware of something like this existing for international private trackers (there are a few multisearchers for public ones). It may be possible to extend the one you've linked to depending on whether it uses RSS, page scraping or an API to return results, and how it interprets them, but I'm not familiar with it.

With that said, it would be easy to write something that takes a term as input and opens search result pages for multiple trackers (with optional sorting and perhaps a few more things), using just HTML and JavaScript.
    Yes, its principle seems page scraping, seems just act like person self sending HTTP search requests to every tracker we have, by using our existed cookies in browser, and extracting associated fields from response. If cookie expires, it's no longer working too. no password involved and needed.

Well...seems we can only wait patiently for more international sites to be supported. I did try to learn to add sites based on the guideline, however, adding site rules needs JS coding skills, even involving closure, which beyond my ability sadly . Hope this tool can be well-known soon and receive more pull requests.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    bigly extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss26
    there is it. Jacket. it can use standalone or builtin torrent client. with private preconfigured and public trackers
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

anon (04.06.19) , JohnareyouOK (03.06.19)

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by Datendiebstahl View Post
    there is it. Jacket. it can use standalone or builtin torrent client. with private preconfigured and public trackers
    Thanks a million! I used to thought Jacket as an API middleware always, made for programmers, not ordinary users. never knew it has aggregate indexers feature. Just tested, works like a charm! Thanks your golden recommend.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread