+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memory Reader in mRatio 4.5 vs. RatioMaster+ Which one is better?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156

Memory Reader in mRatio 4.5 vs. RatioMaster+ Which one is better?

I'm solely interested in memory reader which one is basically better at emulating. I used to use mratio, I liked it a llot (lightweight and had MR) Now I hear some people say RM+ is actually better.

Love to hear your opinion about all this?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Well, the memory reader on RM+ supports clients that are not uTorrent and also works on remote instances, so on this particular regard it's much better.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

fakeup (17.05.19)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    and what if on some trackers it shows as "connectedNotTor" , doesn't that seem suspicious ? MR in mratio seemd to get all the things right so why such an info on some trackers?

Also mratio uses different post to listen but emulates the one from RM. Should I make the port mratio listens and my original the same ?
    Last edited by fakeup; 17.05.19 at 18:51.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeup View Post
    and what if on some trackers it shows as "connectedNotTor" , doesn't that seem suspicious ? MR in mratio seemd to get all the things right so why such an info on some trackers?
    I have never seen the "connectedNotTor" status, nor do I know what it's supposed to mean; you should check the site documentation to know more.

By any means, RM+ emulates an accurate response from your chosen client whenever someone connects to its listen port, so it's better than mRatio on this regard too.

Also mratio uses different post to listen but emulates the one from RM. Should I make the port mratio listens and my original the same ?
    Yes, but make sure you run uTorrent before mRatio, or else you'll be unconnectable on the former.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

fakeup (20.05.19)

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Yes
    Does this mean in addition to using memory reader to obtain the port used by uTorrent, we also need to manually fill the same port as uTorrent use at mRatio - Options - Connection Tab - Global Port (which I've never done before. huge mistake?)? or I misunderstood the meaning of this sentence (which sorry to)?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cjsh01jz.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	20076
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    @JohnareyouOK
    That's what I asked about, I thoght that since mR is able to emulate my real utorrent port I don't need to do it manually everytime I run mR
    Last edited by fakeup; 20.05.19 at 21:16.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    Does this mean in addition to using memory reader to obtain the port used by uTorrent, we also need to manually fill the same port as uTorrent use at mRatio - Options - Connection Tab - Global Port (which I've never done before. huge mistake?)? or I misunderstood the meaning of this sentence (which sorry to)?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cjsh01jz.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	20076
    @JohnareyouOK
    That's what I asked about, I thoght that since mR is able to emulate my real utorrent port I don't need to do it manually everytime I run mR
    Sorry guys, I posted information that is not completely incorrect, but inaccurate and misleading in this context.

If you're using uTorrent plus memory reader, you don't need to do what I said about the port or anything else. mRatio automatically reads and reports the same port that uTorrent is using.

If you're using another client that uses individual peer_id and key values (e.g. qBittorrent), you do need to start it before mRatio as I said before, because mRatio doesn't support memory reading for anything other than uTorrent.

If you're using another client that uses a static peer_id but a dynamic key or viceversa (e.g. Transmission), you can't run it along mRatio in a secure manner.

If you're using another client that uses a static peer_id and key (e.g. BitTorrent 7), you can't run it along mRatio in a secure manner either.

In any case, the advice corresponding to a particular client is always given in the threads where client files are posted, so you don't need to keep track of which one does what.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

fakeup (25.05.19) , JohnareyouOK (23.05.19)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If you're using another client that uses individual peer_id and key values (e.g. qBittorrent), you do need to start it before mRatio as I said before, because mRatio doesn't support memory reading for anything other than uTorrent.
    Is that safe then ? If as you've mentiuoned "mRatio doesn't support memory reading for anything other than uTorrent" I mean won't the tracker notice there is something wrong with my client if memory reader won't read qbittorrents' peer id ?

Noob question I know but I'm pretty new to qbittorrent. Was always utorrent guy.
    Last edited by fakeup; 29.05.19 at 13:52.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Is that safe then ? If as you've mentiuoned "mRatio doesn't support memory reading for anything other than uTorrent" I mean won't the tracker notice there is something wrong with my client if memory reader won't read qbittorrents' peer id ?
    Quote Originally Posted by My above post
    Quote Originally Posted by Also my above post
    In any case, the advice corresponding to a particular client is always given in the threads where client files are posted, so you don't need to keep track of which one does what.
    Quote Originally Posted by qBittorrent client thread
    As of version 4.0.4, this client uses an individual peer_id, so it's okay to run both mRatio and qBittorrent at the same time.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    Hey, c'mon just I said I'm new to the whole qbittorrent thing

And if I may ask, what will happen if I use mR and qB simultaneously ? I just can't see how will mR pose as my qb if memory reader is useless with qB.
    What is individual peer id vs statick?

Sorry but I've never used mR with qB and can't understand how it actually works.
    Last edited by fakeup; 29.05.19 at 18:35.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    I just can't see how will mR pose as my qb if memory reader is useless with qB.
    The only thing mRatio needs to "look like" the same instance as qBittorrent is the client port (which you can set by hand), because the other values are dynamic and thus not necessary. So all you need to do is set the same port on both programs and always run qBittorrent first.

Oh, and never run the same torrent(s) on both at the same time, of course.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

fakeup (30.05.19)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    Nice , just to make sure, when I have qB and mR running (qb first then mR), can I close qB if I only want mR to seed ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    when I have qB and mR running (qb first then mR), can I close qB if I only want mR to seed ?
    Sure.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

fakeup (30.05.19)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss156
    You have mentioned uT, qB and Transmission. What if I wanted to use Deluge, I mean people still use it. What would be the best way to use mR so that iit would seem I'm using legit Deluge client.

Thinking here about peer_id and key, you've already mentioned MR works with uT only.

Should I simply run mR choose Deluge emulation and that's it, no need to worry about keys and such?
    Last edited by fakeup; 02.06.19 at 18:55.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Deluge uses a static peer_id and key, so it cannot be run simultaneously with mRatio in a non-detectable way.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

fakeup (02.06.19)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast