+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help needed! Total download soared ~8TB weirdly!

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254

Help needed! Total download soared ~8TB weirdly!

For privacy reasons^1, please forgive me for temporarily hiding the content of this thread for a few days. I will restore the original text after processing the whole thing, for others' later reference.

1: If the admin of that site happens to be here, he may catch me with this information.
    Last edited by JohnareyouOK; 13.02.19 at 04:07.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Uh, this is really fucked. Let's go through your list.

Passkey theft we can discard as a possibility, for the reasons you mentioned.

An RM+ bug is possible, but unlikely since all ratio tools have protection against overdownloading, it's one of the first things you add when creating one. Still, I would send the .torrent files for the offending entries to Lucius for review.

Misconfiguration we can also discard; your settings look fine, and see the point above.

A bug in clients are extremely unlikely, you presumably (and hopefully) don't have the same torrents running there and in RM+ at the same time, and also, if they're already completed no client would report any further download anyway.

Adding download as a punishment is also very unlikely, the usual disciplinary action is always an account ban (after all, ratio stats are sort of meaningless if a member proved to have the ability to alter them at will in the first place). The only tracker I know of that ever did that is BCG, only when you invited bad members, and they added it to your overall stats and not individual torrents.

Something else not contemplated in your list: this is a tracker bug that may be affecting other people besides you; check their forums to see if anything like this is mentioned there.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (13.02.19)

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Something else not contemplated in your list: this is a tracker bug that may be affecting other people besides you; check their forums to see if anything like this is mentioned there.
    yes, it's bugs! it's mentioned in the tracker's forum and asked by others before. i'm just shocked so didnt thought about this possibility. many many thanks anon! for privacy reasons, please excuse me for removing the screenshot.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    yes, it's bugs! it's mentioned in the tracker's forum and asked by others before.
    In that case, I suppose they won't apply penalties for low ratio
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    In that case, I suppose they won't apply penalties for low ratio
    penalties for low ratio seems still there...but the admin said in the forum that, users who encounter this bug need pm him to fix their data, better with previous data screenshots or similar evidence...I'm still uneasy about needing to contact the admin...so wierd bug
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    admin said in the forum that, users who encounter this bug need pm him to fix their data, better with previous data screenshots or similar evidence...
    Having to keep ratio screenshots as "evidence"

If I were him I'd just remove all download added by obviously bugged torrents, or reduce it to 100% of each one's size.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread