+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avengers: Endgame

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Legos are awesome but looking at the prices now as an adult, that stuff is hella expensive
    That they are, but the price is worth it. Or at least, the cheaper alternatives weren't as good.

These buckets from a local brand often had more snow roofs (i.e. pieces of green plastic bent in two) than doors or windows What were you supposed to build with that, a CIA black site?

Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    When I was a kid, my parents bought me Legos police station. It was huge! When it was built I would leave it on top of old closet. So one day i was home alone, and I wanted to take out something from that same closet, instead of standing on kitchen chair I stood on chair that had wheels on it. I open the closet door, and the chair started moving, so in that moment I was holding a closet door, and me, closet and legos all fell down. That was the end of my Legos police station! Oh and I broke the glass on table that was in living room! true story!
    You should never stand on a wheeled chair, Natsuki's route in Doki Doki Literature Club taught us that Anyway, I'm surprised you were able to accidentally demolish the police station (and part of your house) like that, in my experience Legos are super sturdy.

I can't believe we talked about tiny cars without mentioning toy parking lots, the kind with several floors and a hand-operated elevator. Or Scalextric... where you couldn't press the joystick's button all the time to win a race, you had to slow down before turns or else the car would derail, there was clearly an element of skill involved. Oh, and RC cars, the wireless ones that needed a 9V battery for the remote control and a few AA ones on the actual car, but holy shit you were driving a toy car from a distance!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    The police station was over 2m high, so when it hit the ground it went to pieces everywhere
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1750
    So did you stick to the part when all of women come together in that shot?
    That was bleh for me!
    i've quit video playing way before that - when all of them come togheter face to face with monsters horde was : viewer discretion advised : "over 10 years old not allowed" - intensive stupidity and childish script acting ahead

Tiny cars were awesome, Kinder and McDonald's Happy Meals toys too. But Legos and Meccanos were the best, you could build so many things with them. Now there's been a paradigm shift and the only toy children want is a tablet

i was born and lived (still live there) in a small town- back than McDonald was only in the country capital (i quess)- 93-98 - hence no access for me - so no McDonald's Happy Meals toys - hell - i rarelly eat from mcdonald even now -expecially now when i've started working out and take more care about what i eat

Meccanos didn't have and it wasen't a big appeal for me - but i remember i was a lego addicted in late years - wishing to buy every lego box i've managed to find in shops - even legos wasen't so abundant back than in shops in small cities

now evey kid desire something from tech area - toys where thrown in the recycle bin around 10 years ago

Legos are awesome but looking at the prices now as an adult, that stuff is hella expensive
    from what i remeber they where expensive even back than in my country - right now as an adult i started to realise how many sacrifices parents made to buy me expensive toys

The police station was over 2m high
    lego haven
    Last edited by DarkSaibot v.1.3.10; 10.08.19 at 00:09.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123