+ Use Swarm Peers fixed

+ Fixed Proleech Torrent Export in menu

+ Updated core to BiglyBT 1.6.0.0

+ Java 11 Support

BiglyBT Change Log:
      BiglyBT Change Log
      Vuze Change Log
      Installation:

Please note the change of instructions for Java 11. For Java 11 please remove the "--add-exports=java.xml.bind" line from the vmoptions file and use the OpenJDK binaries for Windows and macOS.

Windows

1. Download and install the latest Java. It must be Java version 9 or higher. (JDK GA Release).
      2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download).
      3. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT!
      4. Extract the hack files using 7-Zip (7-Zip Download) or equivalent to %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT) and overwrite ALL files.
      5. Delete the "jre" folder in %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
      6. Open the OpenJDK archive downloaded in step 1 and extract the "jdk-XX" folder to the BiglyBT folder %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT).
      7. Rename the extracted "jdk-XX" folder to "jre".
      8. Run Notepad as Administrator and open %PROGRAMFILES%\BiglyBT\BiglyBT.exe.vmoptions (C:\Program Files\BiglyBT\BiglyBT.exe.vmoptions), append the following line:
      NOTE: If you want to run BiglyBT-console.exe perform step 8 but instead create file "BiglyBT-console.exe.vmoptions"
      Code:
      --patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar
      --add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED
      9. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

macOS
      1. Download and install the latest Java. It must be Java version 9 or higher. (JDK GA Release). Note the path to the OpenJDK archive downloaded. You will need it for step 5.
      2. Download and install the latest non-beta BiglyBT release (BiglyBT - Download).
      4. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to /Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt and overwrite ALL files.

NOTE: To see the folder in Finder, you may need to perform the following steps:
      4a. Open Terminal
      4b. Run the following command:
      Code:
      defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
      4c. Hold the "Option/Alt" key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch
      4d. Once you have copied the files, you can revert to hiding folders with:
      Code:
      defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
      5. Open up a Terminal and run the following commands. NOTE: You need to replace "PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" in the first command to the path to the OpenJDK archive from step 1.
      Code:
      OPENJDK_ARCHIVE="PATH_TO_OPENJDK_ARCHIVE"
      sudo rm -r "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
      sudo tar -xzf "$OPENJDK_ARCHIVE" -C "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/"
      sudo mv "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jdk-"* "/Applications/BiglyBT/.install4j/jre.bundle"
      echo -e "\n--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" | sudo tee -a "/Applications/BiglyBT/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      6. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Linux
      NOTE: Based on Ubuntu 18.04
      1. Install the latest OpenJDK and libjna package from your distro's package repository. On Ubuntu 18.04 LTS this is openjdk-11-jre and libjna-java.
      NOTE: Some distros do not have an OpenJDK of version 9 or greater available. In which case, you will need to download and extract the tar.gz package supplied by OpenJDK (JDK GA Release).
      Code:
      sudo apt install openjdk-11-jre libjna-java
      2. Download the latest non-beta BiglyBT release and make it executable (BiglyBT - Download).
      Code:
      wget https://files.biglybt.com/installer/BiglyBT_Installer.sh
      chmod +x BiglyBT_Installer.sh
      4. Run the installer, specifying app_java_home variable to your JRE folder. On Ubuntu, this is: /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/
      Code:
      app_java_home="/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/" ./BiglyBT_Installer.sh
      5. Extract the hack files within the ZIP file to "~/biglybt" (/home/<username>/biglybt)
      Code:
      unzip -o BiglyBT_*.zip -d "~/biglybt"
      6. Append the following VM options:
      Code:
      echo "--patch-module=java.base=ghostfucker_utils.jar" >> "~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      echo "--add-exports=java.base/sun.net.www.protocol=ALL-UNNAMED" >> "~/.biglybt/java.vmoptions"
      7. Run BiglyBT and Enjoy!

Troubleshooting:
      Before posting problems please make sure:
      1. You have updated Java in the "jre" folder to the latest version (must be Java 9 or higher) (JDK GA Release]).
      2. You have uninstalled BiglyBT using the uninstaller.
      3. You have removed the BiglyBT Application folder:
      Code:
      C:\Program Files\BiglyBT (Windows x64)
      C:\Program Files (x86)\BiglyBT (Windows x86)
      /Applications/BiglyBT (macOS)
      ~/biglybt / /home/<username>/biglybt (Linux)
      4. You have removed the BiglyBT Settings folder:
      NOTE: THIS WILL RESET ALL BIGLYBT SETTINGS AND TORRENT LISTS
      Code:
      %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\BiglyBT (Windows XP - Application Data may be Hidden)
      %APPDATA%\BiglyBT / C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BiglyBT (Windows Vista - AppData may be Hidden)
      /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/BiglyBT (macOS)
      ~/.biglybt / /home/<username>/.biglybt (Linux)
      5. Reinstalled BiglyBT using the package from BiglyBT - Download.
      6. Re-applied the hack by following the installation instructions above.

Portable Mode:
      Portable mode is now built into BiglyBT / Vuze. See wiki article: Portable Vuze.

Enjoy!

Show Your Support

-->
      • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
      • For saying thanks to the author, please click here.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Who Said Thanks:

Mon (09.10.18) , Paranormal (06.10.18) , alpacino (06.10.18) , BillyG (01.10.18) , Datendiebstahl (01.10.18) , artins90 (29.09.18) , --->HDBD<--- (29.09.18) , lyric (29.09.18) , H265 (29.09.18) , cloud99 (28.09.18) , anon (27.09.18)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 10/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Thanks, tried this and it didn't exhibit the same behavior, hash checking always finished before a torrent was stopped and removed. The 5 hour timeout I set for stopping the torrents was never respected, but once again, I don't know what the conditions that must be fine are
    I don't know the conditions either, seems like the worst way to describe something technically. Anyways since you haven't encountered the same behaviour my guess is it pretty much confirms this bug is related only to ExtremeMod, right?

if yes I'll be hoping it could be fixed soon :fingerscrossed:

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Uh, sort of. On 2008 there was the Shu Mod and we all used a hacked version with no login system and no upload always available. Uncertainty regarding future updates led to DigitalDJ decompiling the source and creating a "SB-Innovation Hack", essentially a fork. Abuze Mod was parallelly released around this time. Then on 2009 came the Extreme Mod, based on the forked source. The code has been reviewed and resynchronized with Shu's work a few times since then.
    I see. I kinda participated in all this history but only as a passive user of the application and not as an active forum user. I probably use Azureus since it's very first baby steps. Albeit I do remember multiple surges inside the mod community, various ups and downs, there was always even till this day some decisive emotional fights inside the dev department as well as mod community.. It's even ironic because it is like the pattern keeps repeating itself but with different people in leadership. I got even more curious and went to read about it, it's a pretty interesting story. Thank you for the explanation it was very elucidating.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandk View Post
    I don't know the conditions either, seems like the worst way to describe something technically. Anyways since you haven't encountered the same behaviour my guess is it pretty much confirms this bug is related only to ExtremeMod, right?

if yes I'll be hoping it could be fixed soon :fingerscrossed:
    I just brought this problem to DigitalDJ's attention, he will be able to verify details and possibly offer a fix.

I see. I kinda participated in all this history but only as a passive user of the application and not as an active forum user. I probably use Azureus since it's very first baby steps. Albeit I do remember multiple surges inside the mod community, various ups and downs, there was always even till this day some decisive emotional fights inside the dev department as well as mod community.. It's even ironic because it is like the pattern keeps repeating itself but with different people in leadership. I got even more curious and went to read about it, it's a pretty interesting story. Thank you for the explanation it was very elucidating.
    You're welcome and I love talking about these things
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Micheleorink (25.12.19) , BillyG (20.10.18)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12