+ Reply to Thread

Thread: uTorrent 3.2.2 Build 28500

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386

uTorrent 3.2.2 Build 28500

This client sends a static and global peer_id and key, so make sure your real uTorrent does the same (Preferences -> Advanced -> set bt.randomize_peer_id to false) and to use the memory reader.

WARNING: this version of uTorrent sends the current system locale in tracker announces, but RatioMaster Plus doesn't support this, so this client file is hardcoded to report United States English. Either set your system to US English, or don't use uTorrent and RM+ at the same time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

mindwork (01.02.19) , R32 Turbo (14.06.18)

WARNING: this version of uTorrent sends the current system locale in tracker announces, but RatioMaster Plus doesn't support this, so this client file is hardcoded to report United States English. Either set your system to US English, or don't use uTorrent and RM+ at the same time.
    Correct Registry Key to get that information? and which uTorrent version support that header?
    Last edited by Lucius; 14.06.18 at 16:06.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Correct Registry Key to get that information? and which uTorrent version support that header?
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International
    LocaleName (REG_SZ)

uTorrent may obtain it using the Windows API, as it did not react to changes in this registry value during my testing. But ordinarily, there will never be a situation where the value changes while the system locale remains the same, so just reading the former should be good enough.

As for which versions send the header, it's been done intermittently in early 3.x ones, possibly related to the introduction of "apps" and advertisements. Newer ones don't do it anymore.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (18.06.18)

Do you want it implemented or we can bypass it and just hardcoded it ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    I'd prefer to have it implemented, it would make the program future-proof if any other versions or clients decide it's a good idea to send the system locale for whatever reason. And after all, OS and Java version detection are already there
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (21.06.18)

+ Reply to Thread