+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.1.1.1 | Cloudflare DNS Resolver

Have you checked this link ?

https://www.privacytools.io/providers/dns/
    https://ipleak.net/

which you think is best for privacy ?
    at my side dns only works in browser.

is power dns from nederland is ok for privacy ?

do you know how to use nord vpn dns without app, and in browser ?

as you said, about surfshark dns, yes, they are in safe jurisdiction, but they only audit chrome extension, not full audit of even app, will you still think it is safe ? pia, ip vanish, hma does not audited, later they handed data to agencies..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jyxQx8A.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	20955  
    Last edited by JohnWick; 21.02.21 at 06:57.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWick View Post
    which you think is best for privacy ?
    I've had a look at and/or tried all important services (including those on your list), and the three in post #12 are the only ones I'd consider using at the moment.

at my side dns only works in browser.
    See post #12 regarding the use of Acrylic DNS Proxy as a systemwide resolver. Alternatives include Unbound and dnscrypt-proxy, but they are harder to setup.

is power dns from nederland is ok for privacy ?
    Their privacy policy seems solid and Holland is an acceptable country, but the fact they have claimed to provide the service on an "experimental" basis did not convince me.

do you know how to use nord vpn dns without app, and in browser ?
    I couldn't find any information about NordVPN offering a public DNS-over-HTTPS service or an app to use it. If you give me more details about this, I'll have a look.

as you said, about surfshark dns, yes, they are in safe jurisdiction, but they only audit chrome extension, not full audit of even app, will you still think it is safe ?
    You can use Surfshark Trust DNS without their app and on any operating system, see post #12 to know how. By the way, I didn't claim they are or aren't in a safe jurisdiction, it's more complicated than that; see the last paragraph of the aforementioned post for more details.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

how to enter surfshark dns in chrome or chromium ?

i used both in chrome cutom domain box, but got error:

https://dns.surfshark.com/dns-query
    dns.surfshark.com:853
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWick View Post
    https://dns.surfshark.com/dns-query
    This should work unless Chrome changed its behavior recently (I haven't updated mine yet) and now asks for a hostname instead of a provider... in which case you'd only have to input dns.surfshark.com (since the protocol and port number are known implicitly, and so is the /dns-query path according the specification).

Port 853 is for DNS-over-TLS, which has only seen limited adoption so far despite the fact it is a more efficient protocol. Sure, 443 is more firewall friendly, but since ultimately both rely on TLS, why can't we run them on the same port and generate answers based on the request type?
    Thanks

i entered this,

dns.surfshark.com

i am even not able to browse any site in chrome
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385

Okay, I checked this with a freshly installed ungoogled-chromium 88 and it works. The correct value is as seen in the left window. The leak test can't detect which server I'm using (presumably because it's not a traditional open resolver), but it can tell it's not my ISP's. Wireshark in the background shows the only regular DNS lookups made by Chromium were to resolve dns.surfshark.com, and the network interface had just been brought up, so nothing was cached.

So, maybe your provider blocks Surfshark or it doesn't work in your region for whatever reason, but at least you have the other two alternatives.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

JohnWick (26.02.21)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12