+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast client for Seeder (private site)

P2P Client
    qbittorrent and utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 7/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2

Fast client for Seeder (private site)

Do you all happen to have a client for the seeder in mind? I am on gigabit fiber and really want to make some extra credits on some of my sites before I move and lose this awesome connection. I am currently using Qbittorent and utorrent but they just dont allow me to use my full upload speed.

Thanks
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    rTorrent.

No, wait... Deluge.

Yeah... Deluge.

Also, make sure your hardware is up to the task and you've tweaked your TCP/IP stack for offloading and maximum performance. You aren't going to get gigabit speeds from a Windows 95 computer with an EtherLink III card
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (16.05.18)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Private trackers have a lot of seedbox users and it's almost impossible to compete with them even if you have a gigabit connection. Your only option is to seed long term or buy a seedbox. You should make sure you are fully connectable to maximize your speeds and ability to connect to other peers in torrent swarms.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss505
    Any client I tried always reaches its peak even on a seedbox. The challenge is to handle huge number of torrents. This is when the performance changes. However many clients handle many torrents just fine at least the ones I tried like Vuze, Deluge, rTorrent, uTorrent, qBittorrent and Transmission locally and on seedboxes. You have good connection so if you ask that any client of these used to jump on recent popular torrent and compete with others and gain good buffer is possible then yes and very likely. But if you ask which will still be stable and active with large number of torrents and auto downloading then it will depend on the configuration and experience but most people give thanks to rTorrent and uTorrent in that regards. Transmission, qBittorrent and Deluge (Specially Deluge) recently jumping to high level or users experiences with such situation too. I seed more than thousand torrents on Vuze and all good (No cheating).
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (22.05.18)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by illusive View Post
    But if you ask which will still be stable and active with large number of torrents and auto downloading then it will depend on the configuration and experience but most people give thanks to rTorrent and uTorrent in that regards.
    Yes, wisdom from people who have attempted to seed thousands of torrents says uTorrent 2.2.1 and rTorrent are the only reliable ways. Some screenshots I saw in the What.cd forums a few years back (and which I wish I'd kept a copy of) solidly confirmed it.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

illusive (17.05.18)

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss96
    @anon in your experience, is qbittorrent better than deluge or the other way round?

My understanding is it both uses libtorrent adaptations

Which is better for a home connection?

Everytime I ask in IRC they say deluge is more aggressive, I personally believe this is a placebo effect since seedboxes show on peer lists. A fair test cannot be conducted since peers vary.
    Last edited by Spidtest; 26.05.18 at 00:05.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidtest View Post
    Which is better for a home connection?

Everytime I ask in IRC they say deluge is more aggressive, I personally believe this is a placebo effect since seedboxes show on peer lists. A fair test cannot be conducted since peers vary.
    I have also heard about Deluge being "aggressive", but never performed any experiments or research of my own. It's unlikely that you'd see a difference on a home connection anyway.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss96
    Thought so, its only because TL is being annoying and disabled QBT 4 for now since they had weird announces
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    I have used deluge client on shared seedboxes in the past. Deluge is very good at seeding in the initial stage. It becomes unusable at 800-900+ torrents. The client becomes really slow.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss505
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    I have used deluge client on shared seedboxes in the past. Deluge is very good at seeding in the initial stage. It becomes unusable at 800-900+ torrents. The client becomes really slow.
    On Vuze this is resolved by increasing the memory settings of the JVM. Direct memory using MaxDirectMemorySize and Heap memory using Xmx. Reached more than thousand that way. Deluge and qBT are c/c++ apps right ? Probably bad memory management or lack of resources. Very weird though since Deluge used a lot on seedboxes these days.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by illusive View Post
    On Vuze this is resolved by increasing the memory settings of the JVM. Direct memory using MaxDirectMemorySize and Heap memory using Xmx. Reached more than thousand that way.
    I'm seeding just 30 or so torrents on BiglyBT and the interface lags a lot, even with the refresh interval set to 2000 ms and everything else tuned for performance. Haven't applied any JRE tweaks yet, what do you recommend for a scenario like this?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread