Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting fired v2

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386

I'm getting fired v2

I got a nice e-mail saying that as of March 31st, me and the 70 or so others in my area will be considered redundant and expressing gratitude for all our contributions so far Apparently there have been budget cuts in the government and we weren't good enough to get a slice of the smaller pie.

Major union meeting tomorrow, and more details as I come across them.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Damn, that sucks!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 sssss2060
    Damn, sorry to hear about that dude! Keep us posted.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss61
    That sucks. Man, wish you all the best.
    Thanks

I'm sorry to learn about your loss. Hoping things get better for you (and your family).

~cloud99
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss96
    Good luck with the meeting! Sorry about the news
    Thanks

Hey take my job. I hate it, and they won't fire me.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBT Enhanced / PicoTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    Stay strong, mate.
    I hope you find a better one soon :)
    Thanks

Holy crap, that sucks. Sending love your way~
    You're talented, so I hope you find something better soon
    Last edited by Sazzy; 03.03.18 at 23:31.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1750
    Based on your Level of Knowledge in IT & Programming i still don't understand why you don't just freelance and become your own boss - since pension from the state - we will not see anyway - or whateva other services state promise to provide by taking half of your money via taxes
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    Sorry to hear this mate, I hope things get better for you. With your command over IT you could freelance very easily and it is a very viable work option for you. Stay strong I hope things work out for you.
    Last edited by ozymandis; 04.03.18 at 18:16.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Thanks for all the support. Here's how the meeting went.

One of us researched the laws involved on the matter and found things weren't exactly black as white as we'd been told. The money for funding us is there, they can't fire us without abolishing several decrees first, and a one-paragraph e-mail signed by "Human Resources" isn't even an appropriate way of notifying this. So the union reps are going to have another meeting with the people in charge next Friday, presenting all these facts, and politely assuring them that we're going to fight back hard if they keep going with this. (It would have been much better to hold it as soon as possible, but this week will be pretty difficult: teachers' strike on the 5th and 6th, Wednesday is going to be like a slow Monday, and Thursday is Women's Day, so women are excused from work.)

If that fails, there is a measure in several Latin American countries (mine included) called recurso de amparo, which is a sort of defensive lawsuit for cases where constitutional rights are violated. It's supposed to take a fairly short amount of time, usually turns things around in favor of the little guy, and they can't fire you in the meantime.

Lastly, there's also the possibility of a regular lawsuit, but that's a last resort no one wants to go for. Those take years, and in this case, would also get us (unofficially) blacklisted from state employment.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Hey take my job. I hate it, and they won't fire me.
    That would be quite a trip to and back from work every day, not to mention my Romanian is a bit rusty - all I know is that when they ask me why I want the job I should answer bani si faima
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 View Post
    Based on your Level of Knowledge in IT & Programming i still don't understand why you don't just freelance and become your own boss - since pension from the state - we will not see anyway - or whateva other services state promise to provide by taking half of your money via taxes
    Quote Originally Posted by ozymandis View Post
    Sorry to hear this mate, I hope things get better for you. With your command over IT you could freelance very easily and it is a very viable work option for you. Stay strong I hope things work out for you.
    I don't currently qualify for state retirement, but also don't worry about that as much as I probably should because, this country... there is no stability, you can't make any plans, the rules of the game are highly dependent on whether the current president and their allies are of left or right wing. There's no telling who will be in charge and what the laws will be like by the time I'm of retirement age (assuming I ever reach it in the first place ).

I already do freelance work in my spare time (last month I installed FiOS and WLAN on a building recently purchased by a multi million dollar customer), but I see that as supplementary; the way things are for me right now I don't think it could take over a job with steady income. Besides, here I have several nice things like paid vacations, free hardware, relaxed environment, being able to arrange leaves informally depending on the place, etc.
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1750
    That's why i mentioned state retirement - because overhere is the same case

There's no telling who will be in charge and what the laws will be like by the time I'm of retirement age (assuming I ever reach it in the first place ).
    you can bet that they wil be in their favor no matehr left or right

the level of income from freelancing it depends mostly of the involvement and what you actually do as a freelancer , but it could give you steady income in long term- the cons is that in short time - don't pay bills

anyway keep your head up - it's just another job -that will add on a resume as experience
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast