+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Joal-Server (Windows / Linux / Mac)

1. Joal-Server (Windows / Linux / Mac) Details »»

Joal-Server (Windows / Linux / Mac)

Developer Last Online: Nov 2023 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Category: [Ratio Tool] Rating:  Downloads: 0
      Released: 22.10.17 Last Update: Never Installs: 2
      • Supported
      • Re-useable Code
      • Free for all

What is Joal-Server
      This version is intended for people who have server and networking knowledge,
      if you want a simple version with a desktop app take a look at Joal-Desktop

Joal-Server is somehow a ratio master, an optional WebUi is embeded (can be activated on demands).
      I initially developped JOAL because i was bored of the .NET framework requirement and i wanted to have a ratio-faker that could work on every OS.

How JOAL compares with other tools
      JOAL RatioMaster Plus mRatio
      OS Windows / Linux / Mac Windows Windows
      Multi-torrent Yes Yes Yes
      Configuration Simple as hell Hard Simple
      Memory reader No Yes Yes
      App updates Download needed Download needed Download needed
      Clients file updates Download needed Download needed Download needed
      Proxy compliant No Yes Yes
      Multiple language No Yes Yes
      Headless server app Yes No No

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying JOAL is better than other tools around here. It does not cover the same needs. JOAL is focused in providing a simple user experience with multi-os support. The server version will provide a multi-os experience with a safe WebUi to administrate your config from wherever you are.

Where to download
      You can download the latests release from Github.
      If you use Docker you will find two Dockerfile in the repository.

How to use it
      Take a look at the documentation.

Preview
      Attachment 18374

If you like the project consider adding a star to the repository : https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal (on the top-right).

Show Your Support

-->
      • For saying thanks to the author, please click here.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Who Said Thanks:

grandect (02.05.23) , sb86 (14.02.23) , araisan113 (02.08.21) , Mon (20.05.18) , acrobr (11.11.17) , anon (23.10.17) , cloud99 (23.10.17) , kokoro (22.10.17) , Lucius (22.10.17) , H265 (22.10.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony-joal View Post
    It requires quite a dedication indeed. But it worth the time.
    Yeah, I need to find a large chunk of time to sit down and learn it by doing doing doing. Nowadays almost everything is (or can be made) available as a Docker instance and companies also use it a lot; for stuff that works on it it's much better than "normal" virtualization.

By no way i would compromise that, i'm using Golang and it can be compiled natively for every OS and architectures i know. Plus so far from what i've seen the performance are not comparable in any way, it's like 10 times faster, easy.

Some widely asked features will also be implemented :)
    Great news!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (24.02.20)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Yeah, I need to find a large chunk of time to sit down and learn it by doing doing doing. Nowadays almost everything is (or can be made) available as a Docker instance and companies also use it a lot; for stuff that works on it it's much better than "normal" virtualization.
    Docker on it's own does not required a lot of time if you know linux already. Most of the time people are affraid of starting using linux in terminal mode, but if you are already used to it docker is not long to understand and use.

What's a bit more complex is the ecosystem around (kubernetes and all the complexity that comes with it) but you won't ever use that outside of a company that: has a lot of money to pay for kubernetes clouds or have their own infrastructure capable of running a lot of VM in a highly available environment.

You should definely take a look at docker, the documentation is clear and simple to get into it.
    This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anon (25.02.20)

webuiIssue
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony-joal View Post
    You're almost done ^^. Sadly, the only documentation available is here so far. I'm in the middle of a huge refactor, i'll improve the doc when i'll be done with it :)

If you want to use the WebUI, all the argument listed here (https://github.com/anthonyraymond/joal#how-to-run) are mandatory.

--joal-conf=PATH_TO_CONF: to instruct where is the configuration folder
    --spring.main.web-environment=true: to enable the web context.
    --server.port=YOUR_PORT: Replace YOUR_PORT by the port you want to use with the webui.
    --joal.ui.path.prefix="SECRET_OBFUSCATION_PATH": use your own complicated path here (this will be your first layer of security to keep joal secret). This is security though obscurity, but it is required in our case.
    --joal.ui.secret-token="SECRET_TOKEN": use your own secret token here (this is some kind of a password, choose a complicated one).

Afterward, when JOAL will be launched, open a web browser and navigate to :
    http://localhost:port/SECRET_OBFUSCATION_PATH/ui/
    Replace port by the port you choosed at the step above.
    Replace SECRET_OBFUSCATION_PATH by the value you choosed at the step above.

also, if you are not accessing the WebUI from the same computer that runs JOAL you'll need to replace "localhost" by your computer local ip. (192.168.1.xxx)
    When the WebUi will show up, you'll have to press the big red button a the top left to fill the connection form (server ip, port, secret obfuscation path and secret token)

I'm not sure what you mean by changing the IP address of the server? What do you mean exactly?

PS: here is an example to start your webui:
    java -jar /home/xXXx/joal-conf/jack-of-all-trades-2.0.9.jar --joal-conf="/home/xXXx/joal-conf/" --spring.main.web-environment=true --server.port=4265 --joal.ui.path.prefix="my-super-awesone-secret-path" --joal.ui.secret-token="mySuperPassword"
    If you do so, you'll reach the webui at : http://localhost:4265/my-super-awesone-secret-path/ui/
    Hey, so I used the options you mentioned here and the server actually starts up but I'm getting "Unable to connect"
    from FireFox

6. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (05.04.20)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Quote Originally Posted by webuiIssue View Post
    Hey, so I used the options you mentioned here and the server actually starts up but I'm getting "Unable to connect"
    from FireFox
    Hello, can you send a screenshot of firefox (including address bar) + the joal log (full) to joal.contact@gmail.com ? i'll take a look at that asap :)
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SB-Cheat (24.04.20)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7
    @anthony-joal

First of all, congratulations for Joal, it is amazing and I hope you will update it always.

I would like to know if is possible in the future updates to have real-time upload/download speeds like in mRatio.

And can you please give me some suggestions regarding Joal like safe speeds and other tips and tricks.

Thank you in advance and keep it up!
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (16.08.20)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Quote Originally Posted by SB-Cheat View Post
    @anthony-joal

First of all, congratulations for Joal, it is amazing and I hope you will update it always.

I would like to know if is possible in the future updates to have real-time upload/download speeds like in mRatio.

And can you please give me some suggestions regarding Joal like safe speeds and other tips and tricks.

Thank you in advance and keep it up!
    Hi sorry i've missed that post...

I plan to include the global upload stats in joal but, that's for futures version, i'm actually working on another part of joal ATM.

For recommendation i'd say:
    - Prefer running it 24/7 wiht a low speed setting (between 0 and 40 ko/s) rather than running it with high speed for a short period of time.
    - Use the same client &version as your real client (if possible)
    - Upload only file that you have already downloaded with your regular client.

That's it :)
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

xtorrent (23.09.20)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    Can you seed the .torrent without having to download the file? Also is it possible to fake leech (not ghost leech) then start seeding?

Also is this capable of handling hundreds (if not one to two thousand) torrents?
    Last edited by motalemb; 12.10.20 at 04:49.
    Thanks

Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by motalemb View Post
    Can you seed the .torrent without having to download the file?
    Yes it can according to the version I installed for testing.

Also is it possible to fake leech (not ghost leech) then start seeding?
    No it can't according to the version I installed for testing.

Also is this capable of handling hundreds (if not one to two thousand) torrents?
    I tested it out with 150 torrents on a dedicated server (LT DEALS 1701.3) after which my server crashed. Not exactly crashing but more like turning unresponsive. So I instead run BiglyBT Extreme Mod and it works fine. I fake seed more than 3k torrents at one instance without the server turning unresponsive.

It could have been some error in the OS which was causing the server to turn unresponsive. Anyway I don't look back on my decision. I can test it out though but will need some time as I need to move things around on the server to get some space to install Joal-Server.
    ~cloud99
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud99 View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I had a couple other questions (unfortunately I can't PM).
    Do you only use BiglyBT Extreme Mod?
    Can it fake leech and can it be run from terminal/command line?
    Have you heard of other programs that can fake seed and run well on servers?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Thanks for your reply! I had a couple other questions (unfortunately I can't PM).
    What are those secret questions that apparently can't be asked in public, I wonder

Do you only use BiglyBT Extreme Mod?
    Can it fake leech and can it be run from terminal/command line?
    Have you heard of other programs that can fake seed and run well on servers?
    Hope you don't mind if I answer these. BiglyBT can do everything mentioned in http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=13781 (note the ratio tool) and is able to run from a terminal in headless and/or Web UI mode, as long as Java is available. However, cheating features are not exposed in the Web interface, and Telnet is extremely vexing to use; it's not even a TUI like rTorrent's, more like a DOS command line where you type commands to display data or set values. If you can get X11 forwarding or VNC working on your server, you may be able to use the regular graphical interface.

Other possible alternatives include...

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=31407
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=34569

As you can see, this isn't a lot, but "I have a server and I want to run ratio cheating programs on it instead of using it as a seedbox" isn't a frequent scenario.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (13.11.20) , motalemb (16.10.20) , cloud99 (16.10.20)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    Thanks for the response! I just didn't want to derail a thread by talking about other tools. "cheating features are not exposed in the Web interface" you mean terminal right? So for BiglyBT, I could open the GUI to configure it, then use terminal to actually run it?

Ok, let's say I relax the requirements and no longer need terminal. I'm looking for something that can fake seed/leech, run on a Linux server, and handle ~1k torrents. I think BiglyBT fits all that, but is there something better (more robust or convenient) that you would recommend?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    "cheating features are not exposed in the Web interface" you mean terminal right?
    No, those are different things.

As I said before, the console UI is very difficult to operate, especially to do an initial setup and even if you're used to command-line programs. In all likelihood you'll want to run BiglyBT locally first and configure it to your liking, then SCP the configuration files to your server.

Ok, let's say I relax the requirements and no longer need terminal. I'm looking for something that can fake seed/leech, run on a Linux server, and handle ~1k torrents. I think BiglyBT fits all that, but is there something better (more robust or convenient) that you would recommend?
    For this scenario it would have to be either BiglyBT Extreme Mod or joal-server. However, a thousand torrents is pushing the limits and you will have to tweak the Java VM's memory allocation accordingly (see https://wiki.vuze.com/w/Java_VM_memory_usage, http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?p=356586). There is also the Transmission leecher mod, which should have a lower resource usage. No fake downloading on that one though, only fake seeding and "show as 0% done" modes.

Does all of this sound complicated? Well, server management usually is
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (13.11.20) , motalemb (16.10.20) , cloud99 (16.10.20)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    Yep...I'll try to put it all together. I'll go with BiglyBT then since joal-server doesn't seem to allow for fake leech. Thanks for the clarifications!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µTorrent | mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss84
    After fiddling around I managed to get this running on my Pi. However, I can't seem to get torrents to seed or announce properly. Maybe it's (private) tracker related. No matter which torrent I load, it will try to announce and then archive the file. I'm using the webinterface to add torrents. I tried different client emulations, nothing worked. In terminal it shows these lines[...]

Edit: Never mind the tracker managed to be offline the very moment I tried. Everything is working fine.
    Last edited by iwabo; 02.11.20 at 15:45.
    Thanks

23. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (09.11.20)

That's a pretty good tool, any way to auto stop after some time/mb or number of "completed"?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast