Thread: Scam or Legit? Who knows?

P2P Client
    VEM-P
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss714

Question Scam or Legit? Who knows?

Dear community, I need some advice. Not much time left to decide.

I ordered something at a web shop based in chine (it seems so). I know there are many scams regarding this special topic...
    It would be some kind of finacial disaster if I loose the money....so please...no jokes or "guessing".

I can provide more detailed info (my order+invoice with banking details) by pm.

The shop I'm talking about is

https://asicminermarket.com

Most of the time there is no opportunity to add something to your cart because empty stock. Sometimes there is a preorder opportunity. Would a scam site act like this?

Maybe its possible to find out more about the company?

Google doesnt really help,. I can find positive as negative reviews. There's no comment like "I payed but not received anything".

Any serious help and advice is much appreciated

This account has been disabled
    Reason: Fake upload

Do NOT cheat. This involves; ghost leeching, spoofing and/or use of a modified client in anyway. If you, or anyone on your IP/server is found to be cheating then ALL users on that IP will be disabled.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    No offense system (and you've probably realized this already), but you need to research and ask these things before you give your money.

As for the actual site, I'd never heard of them before and can't find much information.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

(20.12.19)

There seems to be a equal amount of positive and negative reviews. Try searching google with this term "asicminermarket.com intext:scam"

If you analyze this thread which talks about the site being a scam: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1574457.0 Notice how there are only (newly registered members) who seem to be defending the site's reputation.

I can be wrong about this if the potential investment thing works out. However, as @anon mentioned always rely on reviews before you do anything anonymously.
    Last edited by cloud99; 25.09.17 at 08:05.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM-P
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss714
    @anon: Uhhmm...thats what I do right now. I did not send any money yet.
    I did some more research and found similar stuff like cloud99. The positive reviews are looking more "real"...more legit...than the negativ reviews.
    It seems the shop is legit, but you have to expect some problems/trouble if you need support (warranty).

Now its up to me....still worth the investment...hmmm. Dufficulty for Dash-Coin is rising fast. Innosilicon announced a 30 GH miner. Bitmain is shipping the D3 already.... The game is changing fast in this beta-market. On the other side, there are those +4 more supported algorithms (by software update). This makes it much more flexible than the competitors.

I guess I will jump! On that profitable train or is it a trap hole?
    Aarghh...
    The last few years I never "jumped" and I regret it a lot. There are always people who keep telling you "dude... its too late".

Do NOT cheat. This involves; ghost leeching, spoofing and/or use of a modified client in anyway. If you, or anyone on your IP/server is found to be cheating then ALL users on that IP will be disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by system28 View Post
    @anon: Uhhmm...thats what I do right now. I did not send any money yet.
    You said you had an order and an invoice, so I thought you had

As for cryptocurrencies, you said it yourself, it's a very dynamic market. No one saw Bitcoin coming, but that doesn't mean every new currency is the next Bitcoin. In fact, I don't think any of them managed to have the same impact so far. If you hop on this train, you have to be willing to accept there will be no instant results, and as any investment, it may fail. If you can do that, go for it. In a worst case scenario, you can resell the hardware for a bit less, and consider the difference a price paid to obtain practical experience
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (26.09.17)

P2P Client
    VEM-P
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss714
    After some more research, I decided to trust them. I can and will pay by wire transfer in cooperation of my bank. Its possible to refund if something goes wrong. Fingers crossed it will ROI soon. I will get the miner from 1st batch, whats important regarding crypto mining.

Will post some photos like "Me on my just bought island together with the girls" when I'm rich. Haahaa

one word regarding reselling the miner: For unknown reason people buy mining hardware, even if its impossible to ROI. I sold some Bitfury BF-2 USB Miner for 50 EUR each. Thats a 15 GH bitcoin (sha256) miner. On ebay I also recognized reseller of the Baikal X10 (the miner I bought) and they charge up to 6000 EUR. Woah! Looks like there is a good chance to use it some time and sell it after some months... with profit of course

Will update this thread when my miner arrived and tested for function.

Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

austinpowers (30.09.17) , anon (28.09.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by system28 View Post
    I sold some Bitfury BF-2 USB Miner for 50 EUR each. Thats a 15 GH bitcoin (sha256) miner. On ebay I also recognized reseller of the Baikal X10 (the miner I bought) and they charge up to 6000 EUR. Woah! Looks like there is a good chance to use it some time and sell it after some months... with profit of course
    Two things to keep in mind when selling things:

1. It's not just what you've got, but also how you show it.
    2. What's the price of an item? The one people are willing to pay.

Looking forward to your mining progress and eventual acquisition of a private island
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 sssss2060
    Well I think that if you don't live in China where electrical energy is very cheap then there's not much advantage on mining BTC even with dedicated asics.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

1. It's not just what you've got, but also how you show it.
    But this is the exact receipe that forges scammers. You make the item 200% more than what it actually is and put a price on it.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    one also needs to take into consideration what is the karmic price for intentional deception or for the willingness to deceive
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    But this is the exact receipe that forges scammers. You make the item 200% more than what it actually is and put a price on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    one also needs to take into consideration what is the karmic price for intentional deception or for the willingness to deceive
    Oh, I didn't mean it like that. I'll give an example I believe showcases the points well.

Two years ago I sold a very old Epson Stylus Color printer. Since it was still working great after 15 years, and I had the original manual and cables as well as several ink cartridges, I was relatively bold and asked for $65, where for comparison, a used multifunction printer that was working but included no accessories went for around $45.

I wrote a pretty good post that included high quality pictures, technical specifications, and made no secret of its May 2000 purchase date, but stated that this could be considered a good thing, because it still worked without a hitch after all that time, was built with tough materials and had never had to be repaired. I answered all questions truthfully.

The person that eventually bought it from me had a home office and need a printer that specifically had proven reliability, was cheap to recharge, and wasn't programmed to stop working after X pages as most are now - i.e. everything I'd written. He had no problem with my asking price as long as the thing worked as promised, which it did.

Would this have happened if I hadn't advertised the printer like that, and/or asked for very little money because "who would want this old thing anyway"? Well, I can't know, but I think most people would have looked the other way.

Of course, the same principles can be misused. You can write a post that omits the product's shortcomings, and exaggerates or outright lies about its capabilities, and make its price much higher than it actually costs (I've been up to 900% profit margins on certain things) because people who don't know any better will fall for it.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    Well I think that if you don't live in China where electrical energy is very cheap then there's not much advantage on mining BTC even with dedicated asics.
    Some people resort to dubious tactics like hiding mining machines at work, or tapping into the grid or traffic lights to get hooked up for free. Or, conversely, generating part or all of the electricity they require in-house to reduce costs

Of course, both things already happened way before Bitcoin.
    Thanks

I guess everything in this world can be misused. It's up to each of us to find that invisible thin line between being honest and crooked.
    A good presentation will always attract customers, but no one actually knows whether the presentation is true or not. This is similar to schrodinger's cat.

On a different note...
    I used to have a Epson Stylus Color as well. Threw it out like a moron. Now I want it back.
    anon, if you come across old stuff like that printer, how much would it cost to ship it to me from where you are? I'm interested in anything you find if we can come up with a viable transportation method.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    anon, if you come across old stuff like that printer, how much would it cost to ship it to me from where you are? I'm interested in anything you find if we can come up with a viable transportation method.
    I have no idea, but I once shipped a Soyo SY-7VBA133U motherboard to a customer in Bulgaria and it cost $40. Romania may be more or less the same, except that printers are bigger and heavier than most motherboards, so. I'm sure I have at least some things you could be interested on, let me sort everything after I move (between now and December) and we'll talk this.

My office is full of interesting stuff - audio splitters, IrDA adapters, very old routers, telephone uplinks for cablemodem connections, and I saw a 120 W Compaq power supply last week - but the sysadmin is so possessive and won't let me steal any of it
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    Anyone currently mining crypto currencies?

I'm planning to mine Monero
    Last edited by Blocker; 14.01.18 at 19:58.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast