Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
By the way, the instance of Opera 12.18 I'm typing this from has been running nonstop with everyday usage since November 2019. Still super fast with no memory leaks
Well, my computer finally crashed yesterday, so goodbye Opera from 2019. Maybe I'll be able to praise its stability again on 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MongoD View Post
I assume there will be a performance hit also affecting legitimate uses of cached third-party content (off-site JavaScript libraries, hotlinked images) and persistent connections, but this tradeoff seems acceptable, or at least I can't think of something better besides aggressively using cached elements without validation, which is not viable on all scenarios.

In general, I am very pleased Firefox is taking active and thorough measures to integrate this sort of functionality into the core browser; first-party isolation in particular was a major step forward. This is in comparison to token efforts from Chrome (which is backed by an advertising company after all) or... wait, there aren't any other browsers anymore.

The article doesn't mention CNAME trackers, what are the best countermeasures against that as of today?