+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do trackers keep track of .torrent files you download?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2

Do trackers keep track of .torrent files you download?

So now that Apollo is back up I've been trying to build my ratio without using any tools. I have a real account and a burner account that I built a buffer on by cheating.

My question is, when you use gazelle tracker sites like Apollo and redacted, do they log what pages you visit and what .torrent files you download?

My thought was to use the burner account and download torrents, then edit the .torrent file to change the passkey to my real account, then legitimately seed the torrent in my real account by using the edited .torrent files instead of re downloading the .torrent files.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but if they do log what .torrent file you download then they'd know that on my real account I never downloaded the .torrent file and am somehow seeding it.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    What ?! That's Private!
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssssss512
    It should work fine without problems. As much as I know there is no field tracking accounts in the torrent info other than the tracker announce url. Use BEncode Editor to confirm this though. And always better to download the torrent again just to be sure.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    My question is, when you use gazelle tracker sites like Apollo and redacted, do they log what pages you visit and what .torrent files you download?
    Yes. In your profile there is an option to download your snatched .torrent files which means they are logging it. I have done what you are saying right now and i never had any problems. Even if they log it i doubt that staff are checking it.

I use this software to change passkeys.

https://github.com/GerryFerdinandus/...tracker-editor
    Last edited by H265; 23.07.17 at 06:39.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anon (24.07.17)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    Yes. In your profile there is an option to download your snatched .torrent files which means they are logging it.
    Not necessarily; all that needs to be logged to make this feature work is which torrents (not .torrent files) you have snatched. Note, however, that I haven't looked at the Gazelle source code that powers it.

As for the question at hand, logging this is obviously possible from a technical viewpoint, but it's unlikely that they do it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

H265 (24.07.17)

I don't think that logs work that way. I mean every announce to the tracker is recorded and is entered into your snatch list. If you download a specific torrent without using it, there's no way it can show up on your snatch list (unless of course the sites records that for security reasons).

Also why would you leech and seed from different accounts? Don't you think that you'll be causing a ratio problem not to mention the possibility that you'll be seen as a cheater as your legitimate account will be seeding torrents without downloading the files? I mean I know there's something know as external seeding which is counted as buffer, but consistently using this method would generate suspiciousness.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread