+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Everything wrong with Microsoft Corp.

Activity Longevity
    0/20 7/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss20
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    well, that is unfortunate
    being emphatic or charitable means providing genuine eastern religious and spiritual knowledge, so one can learn and improve his current fallen condition
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_charity
    Your cultivated wisdom is quite good because I don't remember anyone engaging with your holier-than-thou
    attitude before.
    The moment you do not understand something you force your mental framework on it until it sounds like something smart even if it doesn't make any sense like the fedora lord " you are not lord of your thoughts" nonsense which had nothing to do with the debate.
    all modern models are built on assumptions by research from a state of ignorance
    Way to go adding emotional value to the state of absent knowledge.
    Not true even according to your mindset. All modern models are based on earlier models and it has been so ever since the dawn of life. The "state of ignorance" you are referring does not exist and you probably re-purpose it for everything which doesn't fit your views.
    whereas (sacred) scripture is produced by divine revelation from a state of knowledge
    Now this is called being charitable. For this part of your statement I assume that everything is true.
    What people call divine revelation is most likely interpretation of divine revelation. The divine state of knowledge and the produced state of knowledge is no longer the same.How can you be sure of the validity of the interpretation if humans are corrupt and if they have more than enough to gain by claiming that they have received divine revelation ? ( sudden increase in status, better mates are just two which spring to mind )
    modern models have no capacity to go beyond the stage of theory that is hopefully good enough to roughly describe the materialistic world in a usable fashion
    as opposed to ?
    how good these models are can be seen from the current disastrous and unhealthy situation in the world in virtually all fields of human activity, since it is mainly based on implementing and pushing such models
    Where do you get your information? Because even though I like to think like that lately I've read a book and a few studies which suggest otherwise.
    more like intentional and fairly professional boasting, due to being all fired up and assured of success
    more like if that's the first internet chart you see on facebook
    major corporate involvement in linux development ought to be enough to raise anyone's brows,
    It's called commoditizing your complement. It's basic economics.
    Would you rather pay microsoft for every device you sell or invest a small sum of money into two developers which would make some patches that make the already encompassing linux kernel friendly with your device so you can pay microsoft nothing or whatever company is dominant in that field.
    but if this is a situation like that of Thomas (christian 'slang'), no evidence will suffice
    I do not know what you are talking about here.
    further proof will be provided by the future, as we witness the results of such involvement
    I asked you for one, one specific example of what you are talking about and you gave me a broad example which has its origins in your religious beliefs which I am supposed to engage with.
    Look at this post only the last few lines are relevant to what we are actually talking about.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by sbf
    because I don't remember anyone engaging with your holier-than-thou attitude before.
    that fallen condition applies to me too, as well as the majority of humans

The moment you do not understand something you force your mental framework on it
    that is normal, you can only try to guess what the other person intended to say

The "state of ignorance" you are referring does not exist...
    ...and it has been so ever since the dawn of life.
    here is an example of how an assumption from the state of ignorance looks like, which causes erroneous models (theories) to emerge and shape human worldview, actions and future

What people call divine revelation is most likely interpretation of divine revelation.
    interpretation comes later on from others who didn't directly receive the revelation or from people trying to understand the contents/meaning

How can you be sure of the validity... if humans are corrupt
    a fallen person cannot be sure pretty much of anything, not even regarding own thoughts, therefore it is advised to have faith in that which is regarded as sacred and revealed - if one can keep such a state without falling down, one can reach a similar level of purity as those who did receive such wisdom, then one gets in a position to receive personal revelation, with absolute certainty of its purity

the idea is that some people have reached a level free from corruption and that only such information can be regarded as completely truthful

as opposed to ?
    as opposed to wild theories that current science is so fond of producing (in part due to greetings from corporate-funding steered 'science')

Would you rather pay microsoft for every device you sell or invest a small sum of money into two developers which would make some patches that make the already encompassing linux kernel friendly with your device so you can pay microsoft nothing
    i'd rather see ethical business blossom, as proof of lesser corruption of the society

I asked you for one, one specific example of what you are talking about and you gave me a broad example
    I do not know what you are talking about here.
    you were given plenty examples in various forms, but...

Code:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubting_Thomas
    Thanks

https://medium.com/@wtfmitchel/how-t...1-cc2980d33bfe
    https://medium.com/@wtfmitchel/how-t...2-e553039ac6ae
    https://medium.com/@wtfmitchel/how-t...3-70587a0219b3

I hate when people that do someone's bidding without thinking first. Nobody thinks "what if it was me? would I have done the same?" .
    Still, this is the best way to get fired at any company: give true feedback and the next day you're out the door.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anon (18.07.18)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Microsoft is no worker's paradise, we already knew as much. But this was an interesting read.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

I just found out that old service packs for Windows are no longer available at microsoft's site. It's amazing: they kill their own OS, then they remove all update content from their site, and force users on their forum to upgrade. And the people still use Microsoft products. I pitty the majority of people.
    The 2018 way to download an xp sp3 service pack: https://superuser.com/questions/1126...service-pack-3
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    And the people still use Microsoft products. I pitty the majority of people.
    it is simple, there are currently no better alternatives on the market that could appeal to a large majority - m$ failed to properly improve their products, whereas the competition failed to step in and improve the situation
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    The 2018 way to download an xp sp3 service pack: https://superuser.com/questions/1126...service-pack-3
    But that question was posted on 2016, and the answers mention two official ways to get SP3 and updates (Windows Update and the Catalog version of it) in addition to third-party downloads

I'm more worried about WUv4 being shut down, and v6 not working on Windows 9x... except that didn't stop people from using those systems at all; on the contrary, it renewed interest on them and their update patches, official and otherwise. Just because Microsoft created Windows it doesn't mean it's theirs to kill.
    Thanks

I was missing from my collection 7 SP1, XP SP3, and Vista SP1 and SP2. In my own stupidity I figured "hey, those service packs will be hosted forever". I was wrong.
    The fact is even if you have xp sp3 iso for example, you still need a standalone sp3 (one day you'll thank me for this)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    You know this is what archive.org was created for, right? And I don't mean the Wayback Machine, they have a huge software collection.

https://archive.org/details/windowsx...29-sp3-x86-enu
    Thanks

Wherever you download them from you need to be sure of their hash. At one time I used to use archive.org for windows images. Most of the time their hashes were wrong so I gave up.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

GregoryDar (15.04.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Fair point, but they offer hashes for all files, so you can cross-compare them without having to download anything.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss644
    ive still got a pure xp iso with no sp
    and still have sp1 , sp2 , sp3 upgrade exe's
    PM me if you want any of those in a downloadable link..
    don't have any hash files though but i know there the proper thing as used them all over time with home made distros
    Thanks

@lil-fella That's nice of you but I already got them.

I have acquired Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 service packs. All that remain is Windows 2000 which are very hard to get as we do not have their hashes.
    I'm hoping someone on this forum still has them, SP1, SP2, SP3 and SP4 downloaded from Microsoft 10 years ago. To be read as: THEY MUST HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADED FROM MICROSOFT.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 02.08.18 at 13:17.
    Thanks

Well, the SPs from archive.com are all fake, as well as majorgeeks.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

Dennishoome (11.09.21)

We got the hashes, but no executables. Every SP on the web has a different damned hash!! I can see this is going to easy. Damn that Microsoft.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 02.08.18 at 20:58.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast