+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything wrong with Microsoft Corp.

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    I've been using windows 10 since 2015 and i have no problems with it. It works fine for me.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Anyone tried the Windows 10 China Government Edition? Not LTSB, Microsoft made one with allegedly zero telemetry or spying, exclusively to keep their contracts with the Chinese government (which was threatening to move to Linux) and OEMs.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

austinpowers (08.05.18)

Anyone tried the Windows 10 China Government Edition? Not LTSB, Microsoft made one with allegedly zero telemetry or spying, exclusively to keep their contracts with the Chinese government (which was threatening to move to Linux) and OEMs.
    It won't get you very far. The China Gov Edition has no telemetry from Microsoft but it has telemetry from China. They made it custom for them, including separate update channels for that edition.

I've been using windows 10 since 2015 and i have no problems with it. It works fine for me.
    Working or not is not the issue. We're talking about the fact that Microsoft has been deceiving its customers and users for years now. And they think it's right.

Microsoft has a record of pretending to accept open specifications, then adding proprietary extensions and using their power to drive the original variants out of the market. This led to a lawsuit from Sun when they did it with Java, which they (MS) eventually lost. Is the same thing going on here? I don't know. I like to think that they've learned their lesson and this is a case of joining the enemy in certain areas they know they'll never be dominating by now, and good marketing at worst ("look, Microsoft is doing Linux, they can't be that bad!"), utilizing a profit model of charging for support and addons rather than the product itself.
    Their behavior shows only one thing: desperation. They are losing, and they know it so they try by any means to hang on to something. I don't get what is wrong with this fucked up planet, people are seen as prey by their predators (i.e companies, industries, etc.). And the prey forgets the past, which is why the past keeps repeating itself!! Microsoft learned nothing, they will never learn anything.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

anon (07.05.18)

after two years of development, Windows 10 still the worst UX I have ever used.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    after two years of development, Windows 10 still the worst UX I have ever used.
    This begs a question: WHY are you developing for windows?
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

(28.03.22)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    It won't get you very far. The China Gov Edition has no telemetry from Microsoft but it has telemetry from China. They made it custom for them, including separate update channels for that edition.
    That's the sort of information I was looking for I was wondering whether it'd make a good telemetry-free alternative to the "normal" version. Not that it really mattered to me on a personal level, I'm not moving from Windows 7 anytime soon.

Their behavior shows only one thing: desperation. They are losing, and they know it so they try by any means to hang on to something.
    Also known as "adapting".
    Thanks

This begs a question: WHY are you developing for windows?

I developed RM+ will portability in mind (Maybe C# was a bad choice) so I can port it later to Mac and Linux. I'm just got really busy with my life thus porting process is in hold while I am trying to maintain windows version as much as I can.
    On the other hand, I am getting really bored with windows with every update and I'm really thinking about a full move to Linux (MS Office is the last thing I look for its Real alternatives with no luck -hardcore user here-).
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

(16.03.22) , anon (09.05.18)

(MS Office is the last thing I look for its Real alternatives with no luck -hardcore user here-).
    Your only choice is to use Libre Office, which is included by default in many distributions. Inexperienced users say its the same as MS Office but hardcore users, like yourself, will need some time to get accustomed to it. If you used stuff like VBA in your word, excel, or access you will most like be forced to drop them.

I do suggest you make the jump to linux. I wish more people would.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 08.05.18 at 13:17.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Riomondjes (03.04.22)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2059
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I tried that one and it was pretty shitty in my opinion. After installing that version I realized it lacks a lot of features that comes as optional downloads, so I ditched it.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (09.05.18) , H265 (09.05.18)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    One thing that will make LibreOffice under Linux suck much less: copying all the copyrighted fonts from a Windows install
    Thanks

With me, right here:
    FUCK MICROSOFT!!! AND THEIR Windows Subsystem for Linux!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Thanks

Your only choice is to use Libre Office, which is included by default in many distributions. Inexperienced users say its the same as MS Office but hardcore users, like yourself, will need some time to get accustomed to it. If you used stuff like VBA in your word, excel, or access you will most like be forced to drop them.

I do suggest you make the jump to linux. I wish more people would.
    I tried every option and so far no luck for a real alternative. the closest thing is google cloud suit really powerful and the best alternative so far but it's great hassle if I work in a team with MS Office everywhere.
    Jumping is really close
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    I tried every option and so far no luck for a real alternative. the closest thing is google cloud suit really powerful and the best alternative so far but it's great hassle if I work in a team with MS Office everywhere.
    Jumping is really close
    If you ever get coding on linux, I have a request: Please do a no-report client. I'm dying here.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (17.05.18)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    If you ever get coding on linux, I have a request: Please do a no-report client. I'm dying here.
    I'm guessing this is to get bonus points, as there is no way you'd want to use a no report mod to evade ratio requirements when you have a gigabit line.

Anyway, what about http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?t=31407?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast