+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything wrong with Microsoft Corp.

Everything wrong with Microsoft Corp.

A very interesting article that I think all of you should read it:
    Why Windows 10 sucks or Everything Wrong with Microsoft Windows

I think this pretty much covers it.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (23.07.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Windows 7, the last great version of Windows
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Windows 7, the last great version of Windows
    I agree with you. However, it is also a version prone to malware, adware, trojans, ransomwares. Basically every type of exploit is created for this version since the demand or its longevity is extremely high when put in comparisons with any other OSes.

There are more points you can read them here: Reasons not to use Windows — Nando Florestan
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Pabloecove (24.04.21) , Jasonlex (04.01.21)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    A very interesting article that I think all of you should read it:
    Why Windows 10 sucks or Everything Wrong with Microsoft Windows

I think this pretty much covers it.
    ofc, just as I was thinking of changing to W10
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

JeremyPar (20.08.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud99 View Post
    I agree with you. However, it is also a version prone to malware, adware, trojans, ransomwares. Basically every type of exploit is created for this version since the demand or its longevity is extremely high when put in comparisons with any other OSes.
    The same is true of Windows in general, but this is way less of a problem than you may think as long as good security practices are followed (and if they aren't, not even the most secure system can protect you anyway). Very few exploits are like WinNuke in magnitude.

Main Linux problems on the desktop, 2017 edition or why Linux sucks

There is no one system that's better than the others, only the one that works best for you.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

coolio256 (05.06.18) , Mon (07.05.18) , cloud99 (26.07.17) , alpacino (23.07.17)

It doesn't work like this man. Windows is the opposite of what logic would dictate, and you know this already.
    There are a lot more "you cannot do this" in windows than in linux.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

BobbieBet (07.11.21) , Brentnex (19.10.20)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2059
    I was pissed at Windows 10 last week, when it received an update which make video playing in fullscreen a pain in the ass for me, as now it's "losing" video signal when applications enter and/or exit fullscreen exclusive mode. When I enter fullscreen the video blanks for a second or so and comes back. Searched on google and it seems other people are having this problem. So when I finish playing something fullscreen the video signal is lost and I'm left with 3 options: reset the computer, unplug and plug the HDMI cable back or blindly ctrl+alt+del, then arrow down and enter which forces user change and video signal comes back. This sucks!
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    Windows is the opposite of what logic would dictate, and you know this already.
    actually, logic only dictates that it has to make sense, not how to do it better or what would be better to do

so what is wrong with windows? or linux? nothing actually, they are just the way they ought to be, considering the conditions in which they came to be invented and developed - i'd say this could be called logical
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss2059
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Main Linux problems on the desktop, 2017 edition or why Linux sucks

There is no one system that's better than the others, only the one that works best for you.
    The main problem with Linux IMO is that it's more appalling to the IT guys and to use it at IT working stations. If you are not an experienced user you'll be wasting a lot of time searching the internet for all the command lines necessary to do trivial things you would do much easier in windows. And if you take a break from it, you will probably forget all the commands and tricks and have to start all over again.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

anon (24.07.17)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    There are a lot more "you cannot do this" in windows than in linux.
    Yes, you can't cat /dev/sda >/dev/dsp on Windows, but I'll take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    when I finish playing something fullscreen the video signal is lost and I'm left with 3 options: reset the computer, unplug and plug the HDMI cable back or blindly ctrl+alt+del, then arrow down and enter which forces user change and video signal comes back. This sucks!
    Blindly pressing Win+P to change the display mode may be a fourth solution
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    The main problem with Linux IMO is that it's more appalling to the IT guys and to use it at IT working stations. If you are not an experienced user you'll be wasting a lot of time searching the internet for all the command lines necessary to do trivial things you would do much easier in windows. And if you take a break from it, you will probably forget all the commands and tricks and have to start all over again.
    Yeah, Linux is much more terminal-driven than Windows. Things have gotten friendlier over the years (graphical installers alone were a significant progress), but at some point, you're going to have to get your hands dirty, and you'd better know how.

The good news is that when you get the gist of it, you'll realize all programs can be made to work together to do just about anything.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (26.07.17) , alpacino (24.07.17)

@mods Could you rename this thread to Everything wrong with Microsoft Corp.
    Thank you.

Here's a subreaddit that depicts all issues, and their related frustrations. No one in their right mind can say that any Microsoft product is well designed or written.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsucks/

Enjoy.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

KennethVaf (28.04.21)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Here's a subreaddit that depicts all issues, and their related frustrations. No one in their right mind can say that any Microsoft product is well designed or written.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsucks/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsu...about_notepad/

So Microsoft sucks because Notepad, a basic text editor, doesn't have autosave Okay, this particular person may possibly be being slightly unreasonable.
    Thanks

New addition:
    https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/04/...l-azure-sphere

This MS loves Linux is really disturbing my stomach. They are literaly agreeing that Windows Phone was a failure and Windows Server is a soon-to-be failure. Why not just announce it: we are retards and we have failed.

And on top of that Windows 10 is still plumeting, here's the latest crap they did:
    Instead of VL, Retail and OEM now they changed the name to Windows Consumer (Retail/OEM) and Windows Business (VL). This like the 4th change in names since Windows 10 arrived. I still have friends that work as windows sys admins in deplyments, and they are cxonfused about these changes. I don't anyone knows anything anymore - they just go with the flow.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Microsoft has a record of pretending to accept open specifications, then adding proprietary extensions and using their power to drive the original variants out of the market. This led to a lawsuit from Sun when they did it with Java, which they (MS) eventually lost. Is the same thing going on here? I don't know. I like to think that they've learned their lesson and this is a case of joining the enemy in certain areas they know they'll never be dominating by now, and good marketing at worst ("look, Microsoft is doing Linux, they can't be that bad!"), utilizing a profit model of charging for support and addons rather than the product itself.

They are literaly agreeing that Windows Phone was a failure and Windows Server is a soon-to-be failure. Why not just announce it: we are retards and we have failed.
    Failure is relative. Windows Server has a market share of around 10%, but that still equates to hundreds of thousands of computers, the OS is good, and its licenses are expensive (the cheapest edition of WS2016 costs $501 apiece). And Windows Phone is the price for dropping Windows Mobile, which was an excellent platform A Pocket PC from 2003 running WM 6.5 is almost as capable and fast as a current low-end Android smartphone.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast