+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mouse Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    I have been using the logitech g102 prodigy for a few years now. It's the perfect mouse for me.
    How many years? All of the mice I had, between the range 10 euro - 50 euro, all had clicking issues after one year. of use.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    How many years? All of the mice I had, between the range 10 euro - 50 euro, all had clicking issues after one year. of use.
    I have two g102's. I have been using them since 2017.
    Thanks

I have two g102's. I have been using them since 2017.
    I heard these gaming mice are more durable than office mice but I can't work with the light emanating from it. As far as I could check online, there's no way to turn off the lighting on that mouse.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    I heard these gaming mice are more durable than office mice but I can't work with the light emanating from it. As far as I could check online, there's no way to turn off the lighting on that mouse.
    You can disable the light. I have disabled them on mine. I dont remember how i did it now. If the switches go bad you can buy a new set from aliexpress and solder them in.
    Last edited by H265; 19.07.22 at 20:05.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (20.07.22)

You can disable the light. I have disabled them on mine. I dont remember how i did it now. If the switches go bad you can buy a new set from aliexpress and solder them in.
    Is it hard to solder? I mean, are there any risks to it? I soldered once or twice a few years back, I know how to do it but am very rusty.
    And could you recommend a soldering iron and solder (i.e what do you use)?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 20.07.22 at 01:41.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Is it hard to solder? I mean, are there any risks to it?
    You could scratch or short the printed circuits, or literally burn a hole in the board if you're not careful. Goes double in this case, where the contacts for those switches are tiny. On the other side, doing it correctly can be very rewarding.

(Okay, not a good example considering what happens halfway through, but that diagonal idea saves the day in the end.)

Paste is also relevant.

Also, three pages, five years, but zero mentions of https://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/? Mouse acceleration is just a fancy name for input lag.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    You could scratch or short the printed circuits, or literally burn a hole in the board if you're not careful. Goes double in this case, where the contacts for those switches are tiny. On the other side, doing it correctly can be very rewarding.
    I've soldered before and I'm not a complete beginner so burning a board cannot happen. But, what I was asking was in regards to that particular mouse. if the switches are easy to get out, and re-solder, if there is enough space between the switch and the other circuits, etc. Was asking how hard was it actually change on this particular mouse.

Also, H265, the screws on that mouse are right below the skates, correct? How do I pull off the skates without damaging them?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Is it hard to solder? I mean, are there any risks to it? I soldered once or twice a few years back, I know how to do it but am very rusty.
    My friend soldered the switches for me. It's working perfectly without any issues.

Also, H265, the screws on that mouse are right below the skates, correct? How do I pull off the skates without damaging them?
    I don't think its possible to pull out the skates without damaging them. I'm currently using colored tape strip cut in circular shape as mouse feet. i haven't been able to find replacement skates here.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (20.07.22)

Without those skates the mouse will not move as smooth as before. This is a problem. Are there any mice that has skates which you buy; pre-cut I mean, dedicated for them?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    what I was asking was in regards to that particular mouse. if the switches are easy to get out, and re-solder, if there is enough space between the switch and the other circuits, etc. Was asking how hard was it actually change on this particular mouse.
    Got it. This was difficult to determine from context and phrasing

I don't think its possible to pull out the skates without damaging them.
    Carefully lifting them from an edge with a thin flathead screwdriver works in most cases, unless they used some really powerful glue.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

I always had problems with those damned skates. They're just not the same once you take them off - even if you're very careful. There was a time where screws we're not covered by skates, a long long time ago.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Carefully lifting them from an edge with a thin flathead screwdriver works in most cases, unless they used some really powerful glue.
    It doesnt come of properly. There was a thin layer leftover. There is a third screw under the sticker on the center in my mouse. I'm not sure why logitech is adding these holes under the skates/sticker.
    Thanks

What about an alternate, such an hot air blower, to force them to come off gracefully?
    Thanks

What about an alternate, such an hot air blower, to force them to come off gracefully?
    To answer my own question, it does and works quite well. However, I would not use it if I could do it some other way.

On a side note, does anyone have any experience with these cheap AliExpress mice? I'm curios how long would a 3$ mouse last. My prroblem with mice in general is the switches, which go bad regardless if it's 100$ mouse or a 3$ one. So, if these cheaper ones would last 1 year, that would be enough.
    Thanks

I may have found a better alternate to that Logitech M100. A4Tech's old hardware are extremely good, I used to have a lot from them back in the day.
    I bought an A4Tech OP-720 mouse about 2 months ago and it works very good. For 10-11 hours a day of intensive (non-gaming) use, I'd say the price of 3.41 euros, which is the cost here, is worth it.

Addendum:
    And I also may have found an alternate for mouse pads: parchment paper (kitchen use), or tracing paper (office use). Both work very well for this. Extremely slim, durable, and big.. cut as much as you want, use as long as you want. To top it off, it is also portable. I never actually realized that mouse pads are a necessity and not a fad. Those mouse skates.. they wear out because of the harsh surfaces we use it on. The problem with mouse pads is that manufacturers say it's fabric, but it's actually a thin sheet of fabric glued to pressed rubber. And rubber.. is not good for your health. The best solution would obviously be fabric 100% but you can't use that in a mouse pad. So.. Now I don;t the effects of this tracing paper for the mouse skates, but I think it is less abrasive than wood or glass. We will see..
    Last edited by Master Razor; 24.09.23 at 23:45.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123