+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mouse Discussions

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    So you're saying gaming mice which are more expensive break more often than office mice?
    Such is my experience. I suppose it is possible that I simply had very bad luck with either the models purchased or the particular units received... anyway, for the record, here's how each one of them ended up failing.
    • Intellipoint Explorer: cursor movement randomly slowed down and became uncontrollable via software; the only solution was to unplug and reconnect the mouse. I had it plugged in the frontal USB ports for a while, then got tired of doing this.
    • The fuchsia Razer: its scrollwheel simply cracked and broke loose while I scrolled through an e-book. This was tolerable, but some months later, the left button started working erratically to the point of unusability. I'm fairly sure I gave this one to a friend who said he could disassemble and fix it (and then never heard about it again).
    • Habu: regularly double-clicked when only a single click had been issued. Dragging and dropping was almost impossible.
    • Logitech MX1000: regularly experienced jerky cursor movement, and sometimes it moved on its own.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    Had no idea the "Genius" brand still existed. I've had many mechanical mice from them back in the day.
    You likely remember their old logo where the G was stylized as an actual mouse, and their competitor A4Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by H265 View Post
    I use steelseries qck+ mousepad with this mouse.
    This reminds me, my laptop's mousepad is also totaled, but I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement. It is a piece of cloth on top of a rubber surface, but everything available on the market is either the rubber alone, plastic, or has those wrist rests.
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (23.07.17)

@anon
    While I would get an office mouse, I cannot because:
    • they are not big enough. i have big hands
    • I need a minimum of 1200dpi speed. i will never play but have 3 monitors and this is a must.

Thus, I'm stuck with gaming mice. Sometimes i work 10-12 hours straight on the computer. my mouse has to be very very comfortable.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 18.07.17 at 13:36.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    I understand. Well, at least now you know which ones not to buy
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1750
    A4 Tech x7 was the only mouse that lasted for me since 2011 until 2017 and still holding -changed it right now with an Somic Easars Spotter just because the Somic Easars Spotter design not for something Technical against A4 tech
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss76
    What about Logitech MX master? I think its coming a version 2 soon. I have the original in my hand currently and i must admit its pretty confy.

Amazon puts it on sale too ( the original) now and then btw
    Last edited by latres; 21.07.17 at 22:28.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    I just wanted to say that a few weeks ago, I finally replaced the piece of crap mouse I was using with a Logitech M90. It does everything it's supposed to do, is comfortable to use for for hours on end, and claims a movement resolution of 1000 DPI. The price is also very low... well, I looted them from a company which closed some of its offices But their homepage says 10 euro.
    Thanks

Yes, that's a good budget mouse. There is the B/M100 and B/M90. AFAIK the 90 models are somewhat smaller than the 100s.
    And the difference between B and M is that B is the line for business, and M multimedia/home use, thus making the M more durable, but also more expensive.
    I did the research on these mice two years ago.

Both of them are long-lasting. I had one last 6 years before it got double click.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anon (02.05.20)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Very good information, thanks. I only managed to grab two of them, but I'll stockpile more if the opportunity ever presents itself.
    Thanks

@anon
    Could you rename this thread to Mouse Discussions or whatever you'd find appropriate? To make it general discussions for computer mice. And make it sticky.

In 2020 I bought the Logitech M330 Silent Plus. It is a silent wireless mouse. One the few truly silent mice out-there. Perfect for the office, or anywhere that requires silence. The battery lasts about 9 months, give or take, with usage of about 10 hrs a day.
    As far as durability goes, the first one I got lasted about 1 year before experiencing double-click randomly.

I bought it for work because I click more than anyone else and it sort-of annoyed my colleagues.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 09.05.22 at 12:31.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    And make it sticky.
    My contacts in the cat mafia wouldn't appreciate that, nya. Anyway, I'm still using the Logitech M90 (two of them actually) on a daily basis. Solid as a rock so far; unfortunately I couldn't manage to loot any spares.

Glad your wireless experience is positive, because mine has never been: jerky movement, or batteries that last nothing, or sleep mode kicking in too aggressively and leading to input lag. A shame, as a working Bluetooth mouse would free up one of only two USB ports I have available.
    Thanks

I moved from desktop to laptop a few years back and since then i was kind of forced to use wireless mice. The cable alone was enough to drive you insane, always got tangled, and then when untangled it did not stay straight and the cable broke fairly easily. Since it was packed/unpacked a lot, bent and such. Besides, I chose this particular one because it was silent. I do not know any wired silent mice.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    The cable alone was enough to drive you insane, always got tangled, and then when untangled it did not stay straight and the cable broke fairly easily.
    I solved this by bundling excess cable with a metallic twist tie (the kind used in bread bags). Same with the AC charger. Of course no wires at all is always comfier and that's another thing I liked about that Bluetooth mouse, just switch off and throw the thing in your backpack when you're done.
    Thanks

The Lenovo 300 is very good alternate to those Logitech M100 and B100. The only difference is its speed, the logitech is 800, while this has 1600.
    It is very cheap, at least in my country.

A reviewer from amazon.com had this to say:
    So my review may be a little more helpful. I am a huge gamer and I have about 20 keyboards and 40 mice total. For non-gaming purposes, cheap mice are better. If you want to buy an expensive, ergonomic mouse, buy a gaming mouse and not one of those $40 ergonomic ones. For work and light gaming, this $8 mouse is neck and neck with the logitech M100,B100, etc (looks better). A plug and go mouse with 1600 dpi (thank you Lenovo). The tracking is flawless and the design looks clean as hell. Trust me, the cheapest wired no nonsense mouse is low key the best, and that goes for most companies. I have medium sized hands, and the shape is excellent. Individuals with large hands will love the grip as well. I gave it 4/5 instead of 5/5 because the left and right click buttons seem either: a little harder to press or mine got squished during shipping. However, it was $8 so I'm going to buy a few more of their cheap models and try them out. If you play LOL, this mouse will do just fine. FPS games like COD and Overwatch, not so much. 1600 dpi is a nice adjustment as Logitech mice are either 800 dpi or 1000 dpi (most). I have the Logitech MX Master, but still finding myself using this instead. If you are a person who has a lot of work and need to spend a good portion of your day in front of a monitor, then get this. Fancy ergonomic mice are distracting in many different ways for someone that is easily distracted or has ADHD. This mouse has been around since Lenovo started manufacturing consumer-grade computers, and there's a reason why it's still around. This thing is a classic.
    https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-GX30M3...82&sr=8-9&th=1
    Last edited by Master Razor; 13.07.22 at 00:38.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    I have been using the logitech g102 prodigy for a few years now. It's the perfect mouse for me.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast