+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emily is Away

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    so i tried it too, went for a quick walkthrough twice and both ended up in 'separation' hehe, so i get the feeling it is rather set-up to fail, perhaps one needs to be extra careful with the answers
    No, you got it right. You can only choose how to fail. There are three endings, all bad. I ran a strings dump on the game and even decompiled it to see if there was something else - nope. (But I did find some alpha code that is not used in the final version)

In other words...

didn't seem that way in-game, those status info lyrics were depressive or suicidal, but she didn't show much while chatting
    Yeah, I don't think that's what happened either, but it got me thinking.

it could mean that our character kinda lost interest or got disappointed and there was not much else to talk about - she was also rather disinterested with the answers
    She was disinterested indeed, but I think that if anything, the situation with the protagonist is the full opposite.

maybe she was trying to say that our character is (like) a jumbled indie computer program
    As she would say, suresuree =P

other than that, it reminded me of an indie tv show called 'the scene' (2004), where they made heavy use of irc chatting windows to further the story
    The Scene was really good! They took a few artistic liberties - real sceners would never use Gmail, ICQ, or discuss their group activities from a laptop in a public place like Drosan does once - but it's still really worth watching. AIM, the chat client both Emily games are inspired by (and which by the way, will shut down next month) also shows up there. It has a great soundtrack too, all of it copyright-free music
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Lost Memories Dot Net

Sort of like Emily 2, but you play as a 14 year old girl in 2004.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12