+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JOAL 1.0.3 / A new RatioMaster (command line and multi-os)

1. JOAL 1.0.3 / A new RatioMaster (command line and multi-os) Details »»

JOAL 1.0.3 / A new RatioMaster (command line and multi-os)

Developer Last Online: Nov 2023 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Category: [Ratio Tool] Rating:  Downloads: 10
      Released: 30.04.17 Last Update: Never Installs: 11
      • Supported
      • Re-useable Code
      • Free for all

THIS VERSION IS NOW DEPRECATED !
      The soft is now available as both a Desktop app or a server-side app.

Desktop app: https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthr...threadid=33493
      Server-side app: https://www.sb-innovation.de/showthr...threadid=33550

Hi there,

What is it?
      I recently developed what i think is an improved version of RatioMaster. Its now in active use by more than 1300 users, and it works perfectly.
      The soft is coded with Java language and is licenced under Apache 2.0 licence (Open Source and free to use).

Attachment 17673

How is that better than RatioMaster
      The main features of JOAL are :
      - Can run 24/7 on a server but also on personal computers (any OS).
      - BitTorrent clients are officialy suported and provided by the developer (Vuze, Leap, bittorrent, transmission, utorrent).
      - Docker ready (for developper and advanced users).
      - Easy to use and configure (no more configuration nightmare).
      - Joal is a command line application, but an optional plugable GUI is on the way (see this page to how much work remains before v2 comes out)

Here is comparison of RatioMaster VS JOAL features.

RatioMaster JOAL
      Multi-os No (works with mono Framework) Yes
      Torrent file choosen randomly among multiple files No Yes
      Can run 24/7 on a GUI-less server No Yes
      Under active developement Multiple fork are still maintained by individuals, but initial developer has quit Yes, and I use it, so i won't quit
      BitTorrent clients list officialy updated No (may be available through forum) Yes, included in proejct
      Graphical user interface (GUI) Yes, but no way to disable it No, but an optional GUI is comming in V2
      Proxy compliant Yes No (Use the system level proxy only)

Download and install
      Multiples guides are available :
      - For basic users
      - For advanced users and developers

A french one is also available online but i won't provide link to another forum here, Google it if you want the french version.

Future of the project
      As stated before the project is under active developement, and i am currently working on a version 2.0.0 which will include an optional GUI and WebUI.

But i'm working alone on this project so this take times. I'll keep you updated when v2.0.0 comes out.

Feel free to ask questions or send feedback. I'll be glad to answer

Show Your Support

-->
      • For saying thanks to the author, please click here.
      • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.

Who Said Thanks:

Registrierungs (21.12.17) , josecarmona (17.09.17) , Malaya2100 (03.09.17) , Phillip_p (31.08.17) , mammamia11 (25.08.17) , mindpower (23.08.17) , ilneroviaggiatore (23.08.17) , ramdal (02.08.17) , Mr Eric Cartman (27.07.17) , Blocker (22.07.17) , bloodpain (21.07.17) , whyme (14.07.17) , kokoro (11.07.17) , dreamer (02.07.17) , coromantee (02.07.17) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (30.06.17) , YamiNoZero (10.06.17) , neilujd (03.06.17) , gnome9er (30.05.17) , cloud99 (22.05.17) , Loli (21.05.17) , Tolyak26 (21.05.17) , ratiocu (14.05.17) , DHL (13.05.17) , godtorrent (13.05.17) , Paranormal (06.05.17) , czullo (03.05.17) , Gloria (03.05.17) , illusive (02.05.17) , yoco (02.05.17) , CoreCore (02.05.17) , RaMa (02.05.17) , gagaolala (01.05.17) , MGustav (01.05.17) , Lucius (01.05.17) , Codec (01.05.17) , sPectre (01.05.17) , anon (01.05.17)

P2P Client
    sbi stuff
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss359
    I don't use java on my system anymore. I will make to make a integrated portable one to test with lol
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (09.07.17)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreCore View Post
    I don't use java on my system anymore. I will make to make a integrated portable one to test with lol
    :o Why in any world would you like to uninstall Java?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    This is really useful, now I can move all my BitTorrent related stuff to my Linux box.

I have a feature request for the 2.0 update:

I want to use JOAL to "fake-seed" torrents on my tracker (seed without uploading anything) for bonus points; since these torrents already have many seeders (10-20) it would be near impossible to get caught (as leechers will connect to the real seeders).

Would it be possible to add options so that JOAL can seed all torrents continuously at 0 KB/s? Currently JOAL only seeds one torrent for a set amount of time, and refuses to seed torrents if there are no leechers, making it useless for what I want to do.

I understand you are skeptical about adding options to disable these "safety" features since you don't want anyone to get banned. Maybe you could add a warning for people who try to disable them in the readme.md on the GitHub repo, and omit these options in the config.json by default.
    Last edited by kokoro; 11.07.17 at 20:27.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

H265 (27.07.17) , anthony-joal (11.07.17)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Yeah, the fact is, i heard about this "behavior" way to late. It is not a common practice in france, we did not have this feature on the main tracker.
    But i will support at a time (maybe 2.0.0 maybe 2.0.1)

---------- Post Merged on 12.07.17 at 00:06 ---------- Previous Post was on 11.07.17 at 19:57 ----------

Here are a sample of the desktop app Joal desktop demo [2017.07.10] (will be beta-testable in few weeks)

Works to do before beta starts:
    • Embed JOAL in the desktop app (currently working from IDE)
    • Implement drag and drop torrents
    • Display alerts for all errors and warnings
    • Add auto-updater
    Last edited by anthony-joal; 12.07.17 at 01:07.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (17.07.17) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (13.07.17) , H265 (12.07.17) , cloud99 (12.07.17) , anon (12.07.17) , kokoro (11.07.17)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Some news about v2 development:
    • Desktop app: Drag and Drop for desktop app is now working.
    • Command line tool: Clients format and generation have been refactored. It emulate perfectly a variety of clients see supported client table here.
    • Command line tool: All clients files have been updated to last version.

For those interested, a new beta build for command line application is available. It should now be completly undetectable (for the most advanced users you can check the clients files here to make your own opinions).

If you want to access beta builds and chat with other testers send me a private message or a email at : joal.contact@gmail.com. I'll send you a Slack invite.

And one last thing, thanks to all of you for your support :) i really apreciate. Be sure that you'll be firsts to know when V2.0 will be released (after beta testers of course).
    Last edited by anthony-joal; 22.07.17 at 03:36.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

godtorrent (14.08.17) , H265 (22.07.17)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1606
    looking forward to try v2
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (22.07.17)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    yup me too. im amazed to see only 10 installs on this, since its at the top of the list. the simplicity is amazing. i will email about beta testing.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (27.07.17)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Thanks for your support :)
    I think most people don't wan't to bother with Command Line Applications, it should increase with the incomming GUI.
    Last edited by anthony-joal; 27.07.17 at 21:26.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

H265 (27.07.17)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Hi, i got a question and i dont know where to ask so... I'll ask here.

I've seen that most of the client file available on this forum are encrypted (or at least obfuscated) why is that so?
    I was going to post a topic about bittorrent client file format, where i could share my knowledge about :
    - key generation
    - peerid generation
    - announce format
    And so on for each bittorrent clients.

@anon Before to do so i would be sure there are not problem to post such a topic.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anthony-joal View Post
    I've seen that most of the client file available on this forum are encrypted (or at least obfuscated) why is that so?
    Encrypted as in? Please be more specific! If you've noticed client files in the mRatio, RatioMaster+, VEM sections, these client files aren't encrypted. They were made using the same algorithm of the original Torrent Client to support the ratio tool it is assigned to.

i.e., Let us consider we are talking about a recent client file http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=33421 client file will contain all the perquisites that the original torrent clients contain.
    The spheres it will cover are:
    1) Qb client's name.
    2) The number of reserved bytes the qB saves.
    3) The Prefix of qB PeerID it generates.
    4) The length, charset, encryption, of the PeerID and Key for qB. Whether or not it is recursive (repeating in the single instance).
    5) The way it reports the info-hash of the torrent file.
    6) Parameters, protocols used by qB such as uploaded, downloaded, IPV6 (if present), scrape parameters, etc. I'm sure you've got my point. This information when combined into a client file helps the assigned tool to simulate the Orginal Torrent Client.

If you were talking about something else, please specify it.

I was going to post a topic about bittorrent client file format, where i could share my knowledge about :
    - key generation
    - peerid generation
    - announce format
    Help is always appreciated in all forms, after all, we are a free community. i.e., providing services to the general public for free.
    Many client file makers will appreciate your work as it saves them the time to capture announces to create a client file.

Before doing so, I would like to be sure that there is no problem to post such a topic.
    Good idea! I don't know of a current section which can benefit from the information you will share. Perhaps you can request for one section for this purpose specifically. It will help members build client files and clear the doubts when something seems dubious.

~cloud99
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (05.08.17)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    @cloud99 thanks for your detailed answer.

Indeed encrypted wasn't the correct word, it was actually "encoded", looking at the file you linked, on first glance it looks like BEncoding for those ones. And it makes sense to do so since these kind of app have a BEncoding library anyway.
    I shouldn't have my mind clear when i was looking at that ^^.

New section query is available here.

Thanks for your answer.
    Last edited by anthony-joal; 06.08.17 at 03:05.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    The authors of mR and RM+ decided it was a better idea to limit the creation of client files to a restricted group of people, who were/are given access to a private program for this task, to eliminate the chances of faulty or fake clients from reaching the public. Naturally, since client files are essentially text, some sort of obfuscation had to be added, or else there would be no difference.

This is not a requirement or "the right answer" by any means. VEM and the original RM don't do it; in the former case ghostfucker actually found it desirable that anyone could create clients, so that they'd do it themselves and wouldn't bother him with requests!

- key generation
    - peerid generation
    - announce format

@anon Before to do so i would be sure there are not problem to post such a topic.
    Everyone is allowed to start threads about things they find relevant, no express permission is required for this

As for a new section dedicated to this matter, I've posted my thoughts on your request.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (12.08.17) , cloud99 (07.08.17) , anthony-joal (06.08.17)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Thanks for the subsection anon. Now let's hope people take some time to contribute on these topics.
    This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
    Thanks

23. Who Said Thanks:

godtorrent (14.08.17)

P2P Client
    qBittorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss188
    Hi there, i have some good news.

The WebUi (WebUi only, desktop app will come soon but not yet) is almost ready to be alpha-testable (a matter of days). If you are interested in becoming a beta-tester let me know.

You can take a look at how it looks here.
    Last edited by anthony-joal; 14.08.17 at 00:30.
    This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
    Thanks

25. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (28.08.17) , anon (15.08.17) , loscio (15.08.17) , godtorrent (14.08.17)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1
    Thats looks awesome!
    I have used the command-line version and it was great. I would be happy to become a beta-tester.
    Thanks

27. Who Said Thanks:

anthony-joal (15.08.17)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast