+ Synced with latest Shu Mod
    + (Upload Multiplier) Show as seeder
    + (SBI-Hack Torrentview) Scrollbars added
    + Use Swarm Peers fixed
    + Updated core to Vuze 5.7.4.1_B01

Vuze Change Log:
    Vuze Change Log

Installation:
    1. Download and install Vuze (if this is a Beta/CVS update, download the latest NON BETA release) (Vuze : Java BitTorrent Client - Download).
    2. BACK UP YOUR TORRENT LIST! IT IS LIKELY YOU WILL LOSE IT!
    3. Optional: If you want to make a backup of your old Vuze version. Go to the install directory and rename Azureus2.jar to Azureus2.jar.bak
    4. Extract the files using WinRAR (WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files) or equivalent to %PROGRAMFILES%\Vuze (C:\Program Files\Vuze) and overwrite ALL files.
    5. Run Vuze and Enjoy!
    NOTE: For other operating systems simply replace the Azureus2.jar. For 64-bit, portable, and Vuze Plus support read the README in the appropriate package.

Troubleshooting:
    Before posting problems please make sure:
    1. You have updated Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to version 6 (Java SE Downloads).
    2. You have removed the Vuze folder in %PROGRAMFILES% (C:\Program Files\Vuze).
    3. You have removed the Vuze folder in %APPDATA% (The folder may be hidden).
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Vuze for XP
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Vuze for Vista
    4. Reinstalled Vuze using the package from Vuze : Java BitTorrent Client - Download
    5. Re-applied the hack from the downloaded archives.

Warning: Performing steps 2 and 3 will wipe your torrent list and Vuze settings.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

rupshikt (02.11.22) , Daniel0815 (20.06.21) , Blocker (09.11.20) , Friendlyfish (26.12.17) , tintin (11.04.17) , illusive (05.01.17) , zyzwanmei (02.01.17) , cheat (22.12.16) , Herrnobiz (14.12.16) , jbesclapez (13.12.16) , saebrtooth (11.12.16) , deadsidestar (09.12.16) , jaybowman (09.12.16) , MiXaL (05.12.16) , SomeGuy (03.12.16) , leeechy (30.11.16) , mmmmm (24.11.16) , 12321 (24.11.16) , Freak69 (24.11.16) , Snitlev (24.11.16) , lil-fella (23.11.16) , Paranormal (23.11.16) , Lucius (23.11.16) , yoco (23.11.16) , anon (23.11.16)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7977
    Nice to see this one is still alive
    Thanks

latest version .... nice job
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod 5.7.5.0
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss27
    VEM Rules!!!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    Hi,

upgrading Vuze itself to 5.7.4.1 keeps my torrent library but as soon as I put the Azureus2.jar from VPEM_5741-01.zip into "C:\Program Files\Vuze", I lose my torrent library.

I understand this is expected and it is written in the first post instructions. But still, isn't it a bit silly that we can't keep our torrent library?
    I have hundreds on torrents with various data file locations, often with renamed folder, plus many torrents have different VEM-specific settings, it's just not humanly possible to add these torrents again and set the correct options/settings to each of them.

Unless there is way to keep the torrent library, I fear that once you start using a given version of Vuze/VEM and have a large torrent library, you're stuck with it for ages.

Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by molosse; 05.12.16 at 13:16. Reason: Lost in translation
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    No, you're pretty much right

The official explanation is (or at least used to be) that the torrent list is only lost when new parameters are added to the configuration file - but in practice, that seems to be always. Years ago, Renji-Kun did some research on this and was able to "rescue" some torrents proving the downloads.config file is the key, but a complete solution hasn't been found.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    That's a bummer.
    I guess some solutions could be that VEM is installed with an installer or maybe to have a plugin that can export the torrent library, including torrent-level VEM settings.

thanks for the reply.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Plus Extreme Mod by SB-Innovation: Azureus Shumod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss17
    upgrading from VPEM 5.7xx To VPEM 5.7.4.1 does Not loose list. Just don't do VPEM To VUZE Vanilla upgrades and you Are Fine. Never Lost Torrent library.

Main reason To Upgrade this Version. Protocol Overhead Separation. You can now enable Upload and Limit it without having slowed downloadspeeds!
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

(13.10.22) , (16.01.20) , anon (10.12.16)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss1
    I think that i have found a solution for the torrent list, form me has worked perfectly:

If you want to add all active torrents back into Vuze, you should copy across the active directory to your new configuration directory. If you aren't able to add your torrents back in from the location that you saved your torrents to, then you can always copy the .dat files from active directory across to a temporary directory, rename them from *.dat to *.torrent and drag them into Vuze. If all goes well, Azureus will match the hash ID stored in the renamed *.dat file, and then load up all the previous settings related to that download from the *.dat file in the active directory.

https://wiki.vuze.com/w/Configuration_directory
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

anon (13.12.16)

Hi guys!
    I tried to install this version on my mac but it did not work. I was running (and i totally deleted) a previous version. Please could any of you tell me how to do that on the mac? There are no such file as azureus2.jar so nothing gets replaced. Obviously i looked in the Content of the Applications and in Users/NAME/Library/application support/Vuze... I unzipped it in this last one with no result...
    Please could you guide me.
    Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 12:38 ---------- Previous Post was at 08:58 ----------

OK, i found the solution on my own : the folder where you have to paste all this is in
    Users/SHARED/Library/application support/Vuze
    Please could you add this in the tutorial on the top?
    Thanks
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

rupshikt (02.11.22) , (13.10.22) , anon (15.12.16)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss14
    The issue I am having below is not really due to this new version as it also happened on the previous version too.

Ghostleech started not working well as of late for a torrent site that I've been using. For some torrents that are not super busy or dead (~16 seeders/15 leechers), when I start the torrent with Ghostleech (doesn't matter which method, start/stop, start/wait 20 sec/stop, etc), it doesn't download at all and just sat there for days on end. Under tracker status, it says "blocked by ghostleech". I know it used to work just fine on the same tracker.

Now, if I load the same torrent on a regular client (i.e. qBitTorrent), then the download starts immediately.

I am stumped. Spent several days trying to figure it out. I even blew everything up and started a fresh VEM install. Double-checking and testing my NAT for UDP/TCP to make sure they work properly.

Please help.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    Quote Originally Posted by push3r View Post
    Please help.
    Hi,
    I suppose it's an easy answer but have you enabled logging and look in there?
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

(20.09.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss14
    Hi molosse,

Note that ghostleech still works for this tracker but with some other torrents and I suspect newer torrents. The ones that aren't working seem to be torrents that were added many months ago. This is just a hunch and could mean nothing.

Notes:
    - I am spoofing qbittorrent within VEM if you look the announce flag.

- VEM Tracker Status = Blocked by ghostleeching

- Under the source tab for the torrent, I see this:
    Error: Offline - ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    But I am not banned or anything. As I mentioned above, if I open this torrent on a regular client (i.e. qbittorrent), it will start downloading immediately.

- I see "Exception..." Could this be Java and/or VEM bug? Like I said before, I updated to latest java and started a new fresh VEM install.

Below is the pertinent info from the VEM log for a torrent that is nothing working.

Code:
    {tracker} Tracker Announcer is Requesting: http://###.###/ann?uk=YaFR17tOvI&info_hash=%f3%2f%f5%f84L%b5%fe%92%d9G%7c%14%a0%e6%9d%2f%18%c4%a6&peer_id=-qB3370-###&port=50025&uploaded=0&downloaded=0&left=185304538104&corrupt=0&key=###&event=started&numwant=200&compact=1&no_peer_id=1&supportcrypto=1&redundant=0
    {tracker} Exception while processing the Tracker Request for http://###.###/ann?uk=YaFR17tOvI&info_hash=%f3%2f%f5%f84L%b5%fe%92%d9G%7c%14%a0%e6%9d%2f%18%c4%a6&peer_id=-qB3370-###&port=50025&uploaded=0&downloaded=0&left=185304538104&corrupt=0&key=###&event=started&numwant=200&compact=1&no_peer_id=1&supportcrypto=1&redundant=0: ConnectException: Connection refused: connect;
    {tracker} Next tracker announce (unadjusted) will be in 10s;
    {tracker} Next tracker announce (unadjusted) will be in 1800s;
    {tracker} MIN INTERVAL CALC: tracker seems to be offline, adjusting to error retry interval;
    {tracker} Changed next tracker announce to 20s via TRTrackerAnnouncerMuxer::setRefreshDelayOverrides::1122, DownloadManagerImpl::setTrackerRefreshDelayOverrides::2839, DownloadManagerController::setTrackerRefreshDelayOverrides::2248;
    {tracker} Next tracker announce (unadjusted) will be in 1800s;
    {tracker} TrackerStatus: http://###.###/ann?uk=YaFR17tOvI/scrape: setting to scraping;
    {tracker} TrackerStatus: http://###.###/ann?uk=YaFR17tOvI/scrape: scraping, single_hash_scrapes = false; 
    {tracker} Error from scrape interface http://###.###/ann?uk=YaFR17tOvI/scrape : Connection refused: connect;
    Last edited by push3r; 21.12.16 at 18:48.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, QBT, Deluge
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss187
    the announce looks good, except maybe for &key=###
    Did you manually hash it to post it the forum or this the value from your log?
    If you wish to anonymise your announce for the forum, I would then also hash the Peer Id.

have you changed the announce interval? I see 10 secs which is little I think.
    I remember Waffles used to block me because I was announcing too often
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss14
    Yes, I hashed out the tracker's domain, key, and now peer id. Thanks for pointing that out regarding anonymizing the info.

Where do you go to change the announce frequency? Under ghostleeching, I changed the default start, wait 20 seconds, & stop to 300 seconds, and still no luck. The torrent is quite healthy with ratio of seeder/leecher 1:1.

This is totally weird that it's not working for this torrent but does for some other ones.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to try VEM ghostleeching the same torrent on my main computer. The torrent computer is quite slow and sluggish.

If you have other ideas, please let me know. Thanks.
    Last edited by push3r; 21.12.16 at 19:00.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast