+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mr. Robot

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385

Mr. Robot

Follows Elliot, a young programmer working as a cyber-security engineer by day, and a vigilante hacker by night.
    Source: Mr. Robot (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb

General Info:
    • Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
    • No. of seasons: 3 (season 3 coming on 2017)
    • No. of episodes: 18

I watched the first episode yesterday, and it looks very good! The hacking scenes seem largely accurate, unlike it is usual in TV and movies. I think Instab and Master Razor will also like it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1750
    i'm on ep 11 i think - left there untill all of the ep was released

the elites hack - robbing their money was a great ideea and probably the single solution to save this planet outside tv show also
    Thanks

13 is already out and is the ending
    I feel like they kinda really rushed it out of nowhere, but I'm happy with it anyway. At first I thought 11 was the actual ending since I wasn't paying attention and I was kinda upset with it. I liked the real ending better even if it could've used a bit more clues along the way.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anon (29.12.19)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I feel like they kinda really rushed it out of nowhere, but I'm happy with it anyway.
    This sentence summarizes my feelings fairly well. I'd rate this season 7.5/10. Not superb, but good enough, and at least they didn't keep it going forever to finish with a Dexter ending.
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1750
    finished the season
    wich for me actually ended with ep 11 - a good show - but not for everybody

bytheway: anybody noticed that on powerplant scene when eliot is installing the malware on the pc - parts of the hack where blurred out
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 View Post
    bytheway: anybody noticed that on powerplant scene when eliot is installing the malware on the pc - parts of the hack where blurred out
    I didn't. I suppose it was meant to represent how important this moment was and/or Elliot's state of mind during it.

What I did notice was that technical depictions of computer hacking were close to nonexistent, and mostly limited to scripts (where they can type ./hackbank.py and the actual commands run behind the scenes). Conversely, the first two seasons had very accurate portrayals and got praised for that.
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1750
    I didn't. I suppose it was meant to represent how important this moment was and/or Elliot's state of mind during it.
    i haven't understand very well elliot state of mind on the whole tv show- it's like i was studying inception - that made the show "not for eveybody" - beside that- they are a few moments when elliot goes from having double personality or triple to the moments when his sister is talking to mr. robot separatelly like it was talking with elliot( i mean the same space) - for example - on departure in the last season -on the episode " exist" i think - elliot was around the motel - mr robot was leaning over the car - and darlene tells him something like " you know when you are not an asshole you are actually likeable" or something - those type of scenes made things more confusing about what is mr. robot - a ersonallity of elliot - a ghost or what - not to mention that on the last episodes whne they added paralel univers things got more confusing

Conversely, the first two seasons had very accurate portrayals and got praised for that.
    indeed...some friend told me that about the previous seasons- but i don't know very well codding so i took for good the coding in the last season also
    Last edited by DarkSaibot v.1.3.10; 03.01.20 at 21:02.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 View Post
    for example - on departure in the last season -on the episode " exist" i think - elliot was around the motel - mr robot was leaning over the car - and darlene tells him something like " you know when you are not an asshole you are actually likeable" or something - those type of scenes made things more confusing about what is mr. robot - a ersonallity of elliot - a ghost or what
    Fight Club, which provided the inspiration for this aspect of the series, cheated a bit with the concept of alternate personalities, and it looks like the same happened here. It's hard to do it convincingly otherwise, even if unlike with Tyler Durden we're already aware of who Mr. Robot is.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1750
    omg...i have missed the fact that first time this was implemented in fight club
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123