+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheating destroys private trackers

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386

Cheating destroys private trackers

ScT, for example, died because of ratio cheating. Here are some screenshots of ScT being destroyed by ratio cheating.

"I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

cheat (12.03.17) , mmmmm (08.03.17) , slikrapid (17.07.16)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    TorrentBytes seems to be doing all right
    Thanks

We should stop support all clients used at seed box and also stop support high speeds .
    Busy , new things always comes
    Its the time for personal life ,Still here from time to time, Greeting for everybody All .

Its easy way to capture the announces :-
    Tutorial how use SmartSniff to Capture announces for Bittorrent
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (18.07.16)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by OP
    Cheating destroys private trackers
    let me fix that title for you: Cheating helps private trackers (to become a better place for filesharing)

the ideal filesharing place (in terms of ratio) is that which can cater to everyone's seeding abilities - as soon as it becomes too difficult to maintain ratio, users will be inclined to search for alternative ways of keeping up with their appetites and the situation at hand

what destroys private trackers? the fact that:

- they are a part of the materialistic world (which consists of impermanent constituents, destruction/transformation being a part of its/their natural cycle)
    - they are not interested in aligning with higher goals (lacking a spiritual dimension to their activity)
    - they depend on certain conditions to work (technical conditions like the availability of internet, digital technology, electricity,...)
    - they are not approved by the mainstream (an open hunting season)
    - they are not too involved in working towards convincing the society to accept their activity as something desirable or acceptable
    - they are not too interested in improving unless forced to (by law enforcement or other external/internal obstacles)
    - they are often based on greed, competition, bragging, selfishness, exclusivity, profit, etc. (they like the image of the 'stealing' pirate more than that of a 'giving' filesharer)
    - they are mostly supporting chasing ratio or other personal benefits while forgetting about file availability (long-term seeding), completeness (the number of available items of a particular genre), etc.

and so on and so forth...

so in conclusion, the fact that something is temporary or awaiting future destruction shouldn't be a reason to fail at trying to make it (and keep it) a better place for everyone to be in, or to quote the late m. jackson's 'heal the world' lyrics: '...Make it a better place For you and for me And the entire human race'

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmm
    We should stop support all clients used at seed box and also stop support high speeds .
    the solution is usually not in involving further limitations or new/harsher rules, but rather in increasing awareness of (own) actions and their consequences
    besides, if you stop this support, someone else will/might start offering it
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

cheat (12.03.17) , anon (19.07.16) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (18.07.16)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Yes, what I meant is that cheating doesn't destroy trackers, as many people seem to think (hence why the thread is in this section).

Speeds and seedbox availability are no longer what they were on 2004, which is when many of the rules and systems trackers enforce to this day were codified. Nowadays, you could have an army of people cheating and downloading as much as they can, and the "damage" dealt would be minimal. In fact, they would help those who don't cheat but struggle to get some upload.

If ScT had removed ratios entirely when they were alive, they wouldn't have been affected in the slightest (but they needed those upload credit donations ). FL.ro doesn't care about cheating, and look how far they got. The point stands for any tracker that isn't either small or focused on a very specific content category.

The screenshots are legitimate, by the way. The 198 MB/s record would eventually be broken by SCC.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

cheat (12.03.17) , Lucius (20.07.16)

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    Having a high ratio is like hoarding money. You took ratio from the downloaders that they cannot use anymore, and now you are saving it and nobody is downloading or using it. In a 0 sum place, that means the more people have high ratio, the less is left for others to be able to use and download. Cheating fixed this by letting us "create" ratio and when we download, we transfer that ratio to people who can use it and download more. We are doing the trackers and their users by promoting sharing, while people who go after ratio hoard and decease everyone's enjoyment of what is shared.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Having a high ratio is like hoarding money. You took ratio from the downloaders that they cannot use anymore, and now you are saving it and nobody is downloading or using it. In a 0 sum place, that means the more people have high ratio, the less is left for others to be able to use and download.
    True in principle, although freeleech and seeding points attempt to balance for this and bring the average ratio above 0.5.

Except on TL, where they have none of those things (And waiting times! That's a leftover from when signups were always open!)
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

SomeGuy (21.07.16)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss451
    I used to cheat aound 2-3 years back to gain promotion and a decent ratio on sites. But I have a 4 TB HDD for seeding and I almost never deleted anything that I downloaded. The result is that I gain enough seed points or upload on sites now that I can buy upload for those points and don't need to cheat. Plus I am the last seeder on around 500 torrents I am seeding since I have been seeding for a long time.

So basically cheating helped me gain some base on trackers, which would not have been possible without a seedbox and now I am actually helping people so have no regrets.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

anon (21.07.16) , SomeGuy (21.07.16) , Lucius (21.07.16)

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    Some very important private trackers don't have freeleech or seed points, they want money from donations or you suffer and get banned for low ratio.
    Thanks

Sharing files is the goal and purpose of tracker members. Whether they are lucky enough to join the uploaders team or just a regular member who wants to download files. When you force everyone to seed back and maintain a good ratio regardless any other fact, Sure you gonna lose your position and member will start looking for another place who could tolerate their low upload speeds or patience to have the file seeded back for long while. In a way or another cheating has been helping trackers to grow up and will continue to do so in my opinion till the end of days.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

SomeGuy (28.07.16)

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    Quote Originally Posted by Kh@lDr@go View Post
    Sure you gonna lose your position and member will start looking for another place who could tolerate their low upload speeds or patience to have the file seeded back for long while.
    Some trackers are too smart. They use the exclusive content they get from members donation or group buys to make it unfeasible for people to simply leave and find a better place. So cheating is the way to survive and give ratio to others when you use that new ratio to download.
    Thanks

At first, I used to cheat because I had a very low bandwidth.
    Now I'm cheating as a response to their moronic tracker rules. Rules like "seed for 120 hours", "do not hit&run". Listen, for a community to be great and harmonious, you need rules that pleases people. Not stupid ones that need to be enforced in order to be followed. Life itself does not work like this.
    The best example for this is filelist.ro, they are the largest tracker in Romania and also the fastest. People like it there because their rules are easy to follow and they do not threaten, or bug you when you do not seed or upload.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

SomeGuy (30.07.16)

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Now I'm cheating as a response to their moronic tracker rules.
    I agree, man, cheating can be a way to make a statement, to stand up to people who think just because they are admins of a private tracker, they can be dictators and do whatever they want with their "subjects". It's a way to break free and bring back the joy of sharing and of free choice to private trackers.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    These lyrics seem appropriate.

Also, FL.ro is teh shiat. Whatever disadvantages their relaxed attitude may bring, they more than make up for with raw numbers. And despite that, I've never heard of anyone getting a copyright notice for downloading there.
    Thanks

And that's another example of my personal saying: "The difference between just getting by and being the best"
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast