Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2058
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    When you buy PS4, buy another one and send me?!!
    I'll see what I can do...

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    PlayStations are super expensive in Brazil due to very high import taxes, so it may actually have to be the other way around.
    You got that right my friend, sadly. But when/if I buy it's going to be through "alternate" channels. Not stolen merchandise if anyone is wondering.
    it's hip to be square
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (16.06.17)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7976
    My man
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    You got that right my friend, sadly. But when/if I buy it's going to be through "alternate" channels. Not stolen merchandise if anyone is wondering.
    Let me guess, you're either traveling to Chile to buy it, or having it shipped from there in a box with "grandma's cookies, do not open" written on it

I feel you, it's the same thing here, and only now slowly beginning to change (the 35% tax and restrictions on imported hardware will be lifted this year). Everything is half price or less in Chile, the difference is abysmal.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

My ps4 slim and wallet are ready
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7976
    Just wondering. How much does PS4 Pro actually cost in Brazil?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    The price tag is around $1800 according what I've read.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7976
    Are you fucking serious? That's absurd!!!! Here it costs 400€
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    I know, it's insanely high and most of it is taxes In Argentina it's $780 if you buy it directly from Sony. Compare all amounts against the "real" $300... which by the way is said to be a reference to the original console's $299 price tag.

Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (20.06.17)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2058
    Let me guess, you're either traveling to Chile to buy it, or having it shipped from there in a box with "grandma's cookies, do not open" written on it
    You got that right my friend, Chile is the best "gateway" for these. They have the best prices.

I feel you, it's the same thing here, and only now slowly beginning to change (the 35% tax and restrictions on imported hardware will be lifted this year). Everything is half price or less in Chile, the difference is abysmal.
    35%? Wish it was the same on my f'in country. Here it is 60%! Plus if you use a credit card, which you are very likely to do to buy in USD and then pay the card's bill in BRL, you are then added another 6.38% tax!
    Glad to hear your country is lifting this tax, will it be lower or zero? Wish they would do this here too, but their excuse is that they are "protecting" the internal commerce and all that bull. The internal commerce is already overloaded with so many taxes that's why things cost a lot in here, specially electronic apparatus.
    What are these hardware restrictions your country has?

Here, in Walmart the PS4 Pro with 1 TB internal storage costs the equivalent to $792 USD with the current exchange rate. The price tag anon mentioned and even above that was found when they launched the console here for the first time.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    You got that right my friend, Chile is the best "gateway" for these. They have the best prices.
    Make sure to get Harry Potter's invisibility cloak while it's still on discount

35%? Wish it was the same on my f'in country. Here it is 60%! Plus if you use a credit card, which you are very likely to do to buy in USD and then pay the card's bill in BRL, you are then added another 6.38% tax!
    Glad to hear your country is lifting this tax, will it be lower or zero? Wish they would do this here too, but their excuse is that they are "protecting" the internal commerce and all that bull. The internal commerce is already overloaded with so many taxes that's why things cost a lot in here, specially electronic apparatus.
    What are these hardware restrictions your country has?
    It's going to be zero for everything, here is a chart showing the difference (too lazy to translate, but you get the idea).

"Restrictions" was the wrong word, quotas would have been a better choice. Since shops couldn't import everything they wanted, supply was strongly skewed towards items that sold the most, so you had a dozen sellers offering the same mid-range products (with a price competition that's decent in context), and very little choice for other things that sold less, regardless of their actual value. I once had to buy a replacement CPU fan for a Sony Vaio laptop which was no more than $10 on eBay, ended up paying $39 to the only shop that could smuggle import it from the USA.

Both the old and the new ways are politically motivated, of course - the previous government had strong protectionist policies, the current one wants a deregulated free market.

Here, in Walmart the PS4 Pro with 1 TB internal storage costs the equivalent to $792 USD with the current exchange rate. The price tag anon mentioned and even above that was found when they launched the console here for the first time.
    Nice, but 792 dollars is less insanely expensive, not cheaper
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (21.06.17)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2058
    It's going to be zero for everything, here is a chart showing the difference (too lazy to translate, but you get the idea).
    Nice. Don't worry about translation, although I'm not fluent in spanish we share a common older language that derived years ago, so I can read and understand 95% spanish, but can't write or speak correctly, I bet it's likely the same for you in relation to portuguese.

"Restrictions" was the wrong word, quotas would have been a better choice. Since shops couldn't import everything they wanted, supply was strongly skewed towards items that sold the most, so you had a dozen sellers offering the same mid-range products (with a price competition that's decent in context), and very little choice for other things that sold less, regardless of their actual value. I once had to buy a replacement CPU fan for a Sony Vaio laptop which was no more than $10 on eBay, ended up paying $39 to the only shop that could smuggle import it from the USA.

Both the old and the new ways are politically motivated, of course - the previous government had strong protectionist policies, the current one wants a deregulated free market.
    Understood. Wish mine would do the same, but here we have no signs of that happening anytime soon. Even the gasoline prices are way too high here when the other countries are all having reduced prices.

Nice, but 792 dollars is less insanely expensive, not cheaper
    Indeed, I still consider it quite insane as it is almost double the USA price for the PRO version.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Nice. Don't worry about translation, although I'm not fluent in spanish we share a common older language that derived years ago, so I can read and understand 95% spanish, but can't write or speak correctly, I bet it's likely the same for you in relation to portuguese.
    You are correct, leaving aside some words like "esquisito" or "brincar" which have completely different meanings

Understood. Wish mine would do the same, but here we have no signs of that happening anytime soon. Even the gasoline prices are way too high here when the other countries are all having reduced prices.
    High gas prices make things worse. All merchandise must be transported and that adds to the overall cost.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss49
    i am waiting rpcs3 for play gow3

I know, it's insanely high and most of it is taxes In Argentina it's $780 if you buy it directly from Sony. Compare all amounts against the "real" $300... which by the way is said to be a reference to the original console's $299 price tag.

anon how you know? are you from argentina?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast