+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many hours of sleep do you sleep?

How many hours of sleep do you sleep?

I wake up at exactly 6:35 every workday and I usually go to sleep at about 1:30.
    I wake up as zombie, have no ideea where I am, where I'm going... Often feel fait and need to sleep all the way to work, subway, public transportation. By the time I get to the office I'm awake about 70%.
    However, I tried going to sleep at 11pm but I feel the same. So, why bother?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 28.06.15 at 23:41.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7976
    lol, no wonder you feel like zombie if you sleep so little
    I usually got to bed around 11pm, wake up at 5:30. And when my alarm goes off I also feel zombie like, but after 2 mins I'm already full awake!
    Thanks

You need about 8 hours on average. It's no surprise you feel like shit and are depressed if you only sleep 5 hours.
    What you don't seem to understand is that sleeping is all about forming a pattern and habits. Going to bed early once isn't going to change anything at all
    Last edited by Sazzy; 28.06.15 at 23:52.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anon (29.07.18) , Rebound (28.06.15)

P2P Client
    qbittorrent; RM+
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss793
    Most days 9 hours but 8 are okay
    Thanks

You need about 8 hours on average.
    Can't do that as there's no time. I get home at 6:30PM, if I sleep at 11pm I'm dead. Can't do anything.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    I wake up around half past eight on all weekdays, and leave the house to do my pre-work walk by nine. I usually go to sleep around 1am in average, sometimes earlier, sometimes later if I stay on the computer listening to music or whatever.

Using the computer and drinking coke/coffee/tea at night all negatively affect one's ability to get enough sleep. I keep on doing them because I'm stupid But avoiding them, going to sleep earlier and being constant with that will probably help, Razor. Another tactic I've read about is setting your alarm earlier to mind-trick yourself into thinking you're sleeping more, and getting up feeling more energetic when the right time actually comes.

(When I went to school, I woke up at six AM, parted by seven, and I was only late when public transportation didn't cooperate. To date, I have no idea how I managed to pull that off for five years, although not using the Internet at night was probably a decisive factor...)

Related thread: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=20641
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Can't do that as there's no time. I get home at 6:30PM, if I sleep at 11pm I'm dead. Can't do anything.
    Fun fact: life is a bitch. Either deal with it or make some changes, it's up to you.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

anon (30.06.15)

Well technically I quit my regular job in february and stayed home till may. So every once in a while I quit my job and take a break. They can shove that piece of crap 21-day vacation down their throats. A real vacation is a few months.
    Thanks

A real vacation is a few months.
    You're delusional
    What are you taking and can I have some?

Honestly, though, I think staying home that long would be boring as hell after a while.
    Thanks

Honestly, though, I think staying home that long would be boring as hell after a while.
    That's because you've never done it. Having activities like: reading books, buying stuff, meeting people, playing games, do some coding will easily fill every bit of time.

I can do 1 year standing on my head, just staying home. And yes, I've done even more than that.

You're delusional
    I'm very much awake. Just because they tell you to take only 21-days doesn't mean that it applies to everyone. Some need more while others (like you) might not want any at all.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7
    I really need a minimum of 7.5hours sleep, below that time I'm not really efficent/productive.
    Thanks

That's because you've never done it. Having activities like: reading books, buying stuff, meeting people, playing games, do some coding will easily fill every bit of time.

I can do 1 year standing on my head, just staying home. And yes, I've done even more than that.

I'm very much awake. Just because they tell you to take only 21-days doesn't mean that it applies to everyone. Some need more while others (like you) might not want any at all.
    I was home during 3 months in a row when I was at uni. I very much know what it's like.
    Plus I have more than 21 days myself due to overtime I put in. I was just saying that several months is not realistic.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    It all depends on how much I need. Sometimes I need 3 hours a night on a mountaineering trip or else I might die because I didn't move the route fast enough and sometimes I need twelve hours because the job is so boring I'm going out of my skull. I work the vegetable farm in the summer and the days persist with sun until 10pm at night and rise at 4:30am I don't need much knowing a beautiful thing like I grow the food to survive the winter. It all depends on how much I enjoy life at the moment, to live in the moment...
    Application error: warning -> battery failure imminent ~ shutting down NOW permanent == message to Earth -- finalized shudown code ... 6ikf9849l+!~:'?.|\
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    I get 45 days a year and she's right, it's more than enough. But that greatly depends on what your job's like in the first place.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss241
    I sleep from 8 to 10 hours depending on how I am feeling but lately have been trying to have polyphasic sleep to reduce it to 6-7 hrs with better rest too .
    See link SmartSleep for more info

On vacation I guess different strokes for different people I though personally prefer 1-2 months I had gone on loss of pay for 2 months last year when I was burned out then came back relaxed and energized .You guys have lot of holidays it seems max here is 15 days per year and that too with a doctor's recommendation can't take more than 5 days consecutively
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

anon (03.07.15)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast