+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linux Mint 17.2 RC

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Linux Mint 17.2 RC

The news for this release has been read about on the WWW for a while now and Mint has finally released their long awaited 17.2 release. It's available for both the Mate and Cinnamon DE. The improvements for the Mate DE include some significant changes.

You can have a look at the changelog here:

MATE | MATE

For reading about the newer Mint release, have a look at the DW link below after the brief news report:

Clement Lefebvre has announced a new release candidate for Linux Mint 17.2. The new release, which is available in Cinnamon and MATE editions, offers a number of performance improvements. The Cinnamon edition improves support for multi-monitor configurations and allows users to run multiple panels on their desktop. The MATE edition of Linux Mint ships with MATE 1.10 and is able to automatically detect and support multiple sound back-ends, including OSS, ALSA and PulseAudio. Both editions feature a more customizable Update Manager, a more flexible login screen and low-level enhancements. "The bash command completion was improved. The terminal is now able to better auto-complete the commands you type and also their arguments. The bash history was improved and no longer accepts duplicates. A new APT command was introduced to list missing recommended packages for a particular package. Say you installed wine, you can review the list of packages it recommends which aren't installed on your computer.
    Development Release: Linux Mint 17.2 RC (DistroWatch.com News)

There is also some info on the Linux Action Show about Mate if your on Youtube watching.

Enjoy your day.
    Last edited by SealLion; 18.06.15 at 04:57.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (19.06.15) , Lucius (18.06.15)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Hi again, everybody.
    For those of you who do use LM and wish to upgrade to Rafaela, you can do so via the following after you update your repositories and upgrade the distribution:

sudo sed -i 's/rebecca/rafaela/' /etc/apt/sources.list
    sudo sed -i 's/rebecca/rafaela/' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.listapt update
    Follow this by the remaining instructions as given by the link below:

Early update Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" to Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela"http://mintguide.org/system/448-early-update-linux-mint-17-1-rebecca-to-linux-mint-17-2-rafaela.html

PS: The image in the link above displays a regression in updating to linux-image 3.16.X
    You should currently have linux-image 3.18.X ( I know for a fact that I do). So I don't believe that I'd personally regress down to that kernel version if asked. So do check.
    Last edited by SealLion; 20.06.15 at 06:32.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

nex11s (23.06.15) , ozymandis (20.06.15) , Sazzy (20.06.15) , Lucius (20.06.15)

P2P Client
    Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss7
    Mint is still one of the most impressive Linux distros, it's Ubuntu done right and they have one of the most friendly linux communities.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    Agreeing with that
    Linux Mint is my favourite Distro to work with.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread