+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Look, the interviewers may be fucktards, but they're the ones on the other side of the desk that can turn you down. You have to find a way to beat them at their game and look good doing so. In the meantime, keep applying for other positions.

PS: if you bought a Coke and the vending machine accidentally gave you another, what would you do?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    just does not matter talking about it anymore.
    sure it does, it feels better to get it off your chest

now I actually realize that I've been mostly interviewed by inadequate recruiters.
    heave you heard about the bell curve? the majority of recruiters are average and the rest can be divided into very good ones and very bad ones, the same applies to any kind of job

as well as some hidden agendas that few are aware of.
    you didn't clarify this one...

1. The more you know about something, the more you can detect the incompetents, and when you see there are many, it gets you down.
    well, not everyone can be expected to be an expert (see above, regarding the bell curve)

2. If you beat them at their game, they will find some way to reject you.
    depends on how you play your game and what they consider as 'grounds for rejection'

the above is only true for countries with very low standards, like my current one.
    it is similar enough in every country, the difference may be that in some countries they would prefer to tell it to your face and in others they would talk about it (only) behind your back

Quote Originally Posted by anon
    if you bought a Coke and the vending machine accidentally gave you another, what would you do?
    rant about it on sbi?
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (07.04.17)

if you bought a Coke and the vending machine accidentally gave you another, what would you do?
    Assuming the machine is broken, I take my non-coke drink, give it to a colleague, and go to another vending machine and try again.
    Some analyze my answer. What does it mean?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Assuming the machine is broken, I take my non-coke drink, give it to a colleague, and go to another vending machine and try again.
    Some analyze my answer. What does it mean?
    You got it wrong. In this scenario, you wanted one Coke and got two by mistake

This question or derivates are a shit test commonly used on job interviews. Any answers that don't involve simply grabbing the extra can and going on your merry way are considered invalid and dishonest.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (08.04.17)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    to clarify:

if you bought ONE Coke and the vending machine accidentally gave you TWO, what would you do?
    Any answers that don't involve simply grabbing the extra can and going on your merry way are considered invalid and dishonest.
    which is silly as not everyone would grab the extra can (for a variety of reasons), though perhaps a lot of people would (grab the extra can for themselves)
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (08.04.17)

Thanks for the clarification.
    My updated answer:
    I would take both of them without thinking.
    Thanks

seems like you are having a mid-life crisis/existential crisis. trust me that if you lived in a 3rd world country for a while without running water and electricity. you would be begging/actually EVEN probably kill for what you have now. you probably couldn't even post these posts on the internet due to having no internet, because you are busy scavenging for your next meal.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (09.04.17)

Obviously, it could be much worse. But, on the other hand, it could also be much much better.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by austinpowers
    trust me that if you lived in a 3rd world country for a while without running water and electricity. you would be begging/actually EVEN probably kill for what you have now.
    you'd certainly be angry, disappointed and desperate for a while, until you figure out a way to survive in such conditions, it suffices to connect with the local population and see how they manage to do it - then, later on, depending on your attitude towards these new experiences, you may still want to return but surely not by begging or killing for it, since feelings of desperation would have faded away in the meantime (as it is said: time heals all wounds)

also,
    just about all countries have areas without running water and electricity
    people lived for thousands of yeas without electricity and running water for them meant clean rivers (unlike in our supposedly advanced yet quite polluted era)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    it could be much worse. But, on the other hand, it could also be much much better.
    in the future? perhaps, not many know what the future may bring their/our way, it depends on the wisdom of your choices (yet you cannot choose more wisely than your current level of wisdom)
    in the present? it cannot be any other way than it is right now (what we observe with our senses is actually the past, albeit a very recent one)
    in the past? it couldn't be any other way than it was back then (which is proven by our inability to change the past)

the real present (also, a gift, something given) is not experienced through ordinary senses but without them, by pure consciousness (meaning: untainted by ordinary sensory experience)
    in other words, the real present (aka ever-present, eternally present, the eternal present) is revealed when our immersion in the materialistic world lessens, when the veil is lifted
    this is also the solution for all kinds of (existential) crises, for they belong with(in) the materialistic worlds, this is what is meant by 'he is bewildered and has sorrow' (see sig.)
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

(06.03.19)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Pity Álvarez is a local rock musician, crackhead and media personality. Here are some quotations from him to motivate you.

Si lo sembrás lo recogés
    Y si esperás vas a entender
    Cuando las cosas salen como no las espero
    La vida me hace más guerrero
    If you reap it you shall sow it
    And if you wait you'll understand
    [That] when things come out like I don't expect them to
    Life makes me more of a warrior

"Human beings are doomed to be happy"

"The [most] important thing is not having such a bad time"

"Don't ever forget about your principles"

"People think that just because you wear some clean clothes, shower and comb, you're okay"
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (10.04.17) , FubareD (10.04.17)

"People think that just because you wear some clean clothes, shower and comb, you're okay"
    This is good. I like it.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    You're welcome. Here are the phrases that didn't make it to the previous post.

"Sometimes I wear a Ricky Martin t-shirt because I like getting idiots pissed off. Because you really have to be an idiot to be pissed because someone wore a t-shirt, right?"

"If it were up to us, our shows could last until someone came over and brought us down, or they turned the sound off. The problem is that when I see the people I don't want to stop, and when I get off the stage I feel like I'm dead and have nothing to do on this planet."

"[Cocaine paste] is a very addictive drug, and it's so tasty I hate it"

"I like crashing with my bike: the other day it rained and I couldn't brake. Pah! I banged against the truck helmet first, but I enjoyed it"

"The drug addict's philosophy is to never overdose in order to keep using drugs all life long"

"I don't know where the liver is, because mine never hurt"

"I hate being taken for a role model... I don't think [my fans] want to be like me, and if they did, I'd tell those people they're super mistaken"
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Pity Álvarez
    If you reap it you shall sow it
    not necessarily (though correct for the majority) - if your karmic equation is complete(d), then you may sow, but you don't need to reap anymore

And if you wait you'll understand
    as the saying goes: 'all in good time'

[That] when things come out like I don't expect them to
    Life makes me more of a warrior
    as in: 'the warrior endures'?

"Human beings are doomed to be happy"
    if 'doomed' is understood as equal to and interchangeable with 'destined', then he is correct

The [most] important thing is not having such a bad time
    not the most important thing, but remaining optimistic (and in a good mood) is a recommended way to go through one's life
    for the most important thing see my sig, hehe

"Don't ever forget about your principles"
    you need to discover your principles first (they cannot be forgotten)

it is said: 'never judge a book by its cover'
    but still, seems like an excuse to stay dirty, no?

Here are the phrases that didn't make it to the previous post.
    i'll skip those, hehe
    Thanks

DMF is a special format of 3.5" floppy disks used by Microsoft that stores 1.68 MB of data on a standard 1.44 MB floppy disk. These diskettes were used for the Windows 95 setup disks to reduce the amount of diskettes needed during setup and prevent software piracy.
    Fuck MS!!! Becasue of this, now I have to convert the DMF to standard 3.5.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    WinImage can format floppies as DMF, and all Windows versions since Windows 95 can read them (floppy no. 1 was a regular 1.44 MB one with a special driver to let MS-DOS read the others).
    Thanks

22. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (25.05.17) , Master Razor (24.05.17)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast