Dennis Gilmore has announced the availability of the beta release of Fedora 22: "The Fedora 22 beta release has arrived, with a preview of the latest free and open source technology under development." The beta release announcement is almost an exact copy of the alpha announcement published last month, with one or two minor modifications; it lists the following changes in the "Workstation" edition's appearance and under-the-covers section: "The Nautilus file manager has been improved to use GActions, from the deprecated GtkAction APIs, for a better, more consistent experience; GNOME Shell has a refreshed theme for better usability; the Qt/Adwaita theme is now code-complete, and Qt notifications have been improved for smoother experience using Qt-based applications in Workstation; the libinput library is now used for both X11 and Wayland for consistent input device handling."
That's from Distrowatch.com

Having read on the fedora website, the improvements that supposedly are talked of are the following:

Fedora 22 Workstation

As always, Fedora carries a number of improvements to make life better for its desktop users! Here's some of the goodness you'll get in Fedora 22 Workstation edition.

Enhancements:

The GNOME Shell notification system has been redesigned and subsumed into the calendar widget.
The Terminal now notifies you when a long running job completes.
The login screen now uses Wayland by default. This is a step towards replacing X with Wayland, and users should not actually notice the difference.
Installation of GStreamer codecs, fonts, and certain document types is now handled by Software, instead of gnome-packagekit.
The Automatic Bug Reporting Tool (ABRT) now features better notifications, and uses the privacy control panel in GNOME to control information sent.
what I like is the second point. Not too sure how it (terminal emulator, that is) does notify the user but it would be interesting know of. The SDDM is what Wayland would use if your interested in knowing.

Also, and just off-hand for a moment, I never really liked the Adwaita icon look. It's just too 'plain' look'in. Speaking for myself only, I prefer the flat icon look that one can find so many of over at gnome-look.org. Wonderful themes there and icon looks as well.
Back to topic: