Thread: KaOS 2015.4

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

KaOS 2015.4

Hey everyone in Linux/GNU world!

KaOS, another Arch based distro is out with another version.

Anke Boersma has announced the release of KaOS 2015.04, the latest update of the project's rolling-release Linux distribution featuring KDE's Plasma 5 desktop
    I've tried the latest Plasma and it looks quite nice with more of a flatter look. One thing about the latest Plasma v 5.x is that apparently it doesn't do too well on Open Suse KDE. It works well with this distro and other Arch based distros. Not too sure why. More than likely code application from within that particular distro.
    Be sure to read the release announcements before trying it out.

Known issues:

For UEFI installs it is not possible at this time to use any of the three automated partitioning options, only the fourth option can be used
    If you want to use a GPT partition table on a BIOS system, make sure to set it up following this Guide, the installer’s partitioner can only handle GPT correctly for UEFI
    If for any reason the install fails, the installer currently does not unmount the partition it needed to use for the install. Before restarting the install either umount manually or restart the Live mode
    Installing on RAID, LVM, LUKS is currently not possible
    KaOS ISO 2015.02 | KaOS

and

Distribution Release: KaOS 2015.04 (DistroWatch.com News)

Be aware that KaOS isn't going to install a swap partition for you automatically if your installing it over the entire disk. You'll have to partition a separate swap partition yourself if your wanting to install it over the entire disk. And the one thing is that it "....is built exclusively for 64-bit computer systems."

Enjoy your day.

EDIT: I got to say this. There is something about the KDE Desktop that reminds a lot of the Windows bloat. I find that KDE overwhelms the user with too many applications. Things that I've always found that I've never wanted are Konquerer. I don't care for a browser/file-mgr all-in-one. I'd rather have 2 separate applications. You can't do as much with Konquerer as you can with Chrome or Firefox.
    Then there's also Kwallet. I don't need a pop-up telling me that an app can use Kwallet. Those are just a few.
    Last edited by SealLion; 19.04.15 at 16:51.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (19.04.15)

+ Reply to Thread