Closed Thread

Thread: DisplayPort, sensitive to touch?

DisplayPort, sensitive to touch?

One of my monitors is hooked up using the following adapter with a DVI cable http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-440.../dp/B00433C5Y4
    The monitor goes blank (ie. no signal) whenever I move tit's DVI cable. Say I slighly touch the adapter or the cable, it won't be recognized until a reboot.
    I don't understand this behaviour.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I know my physical displayport is OK.
    Thanks

Sounds like a defective cable or bad connection on either port or cable end.

I'm running my main on display port (resolution too high for dvi) and have never ever had this issue. I have just grabbed it right now and shook it around to test. I can also pull it out and put it back it without having to reboot.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

The issue is I have 3 full hd monitors on a video card that was one of the first that supported 3 (manufactured in 2010). Two of these are connected through DVI but the 3rd one is by active adapter DVI to DisplayPort. Al three of them are detected only after a reboot. Say I unplug one now, only two will be recognized.
    I'm thinking, for the active adapter to work, it has to have a perfect uninteruped connection. Jiggling it looses some of the data and is unable to perform the conversion.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 10.04.15 at 23:07.
    Thanks

I'm running 3 monitors on one card as well, like i said: no issues at all :x However, I don't have an active adapter, it's an actual DP monitor.

It might be something with the active adapter yes. Still strange, though!
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Closed Thread