+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Android Thread

OK. 1Mobile changed its policy to "I wanna shove crap down some idiot's throats". They add their own application, bundled iwth every app you download. They allow you deselect it during install.
    Normally this wouldn't be a problem but I BULK INSTALL 150 APPS!!! HOW THE F*** SHOULD I HAVE KNOWN!!

It takes me 2 and half hours for every ROM flash and now I have to deal with this crap.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Guys, what is the best alternative store over there ?
    Thanks

maybe f-droid or aptoide? I don't know, I don't use third party. Those are the two I hear about most often.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (18.05.15)

Here's what I've found to actually help me https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eans.instacopy
    AirDroid sucks because they limit us with 10MB per day transfers. I only needed a simple simple app to transfer text, for SMS and what's app and others.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (24.05.15)

Looking for sollutions to gather all forums under one place. I'm currently using tapatalk but some l33t forums are not and never will be supported.
    What options do I have? I don't want email notifications because there many updates a day and will clutter up my inbox.
    Thanks

I don't think that you will find an alternative to tapatalk because the concept is depending on a vb plugin that the admin inject it to the forum itself via admin control panel, and while tapatalk is the most famous so every admin just use its plugin.
    This l33t forums need to inject the plugin to be available on tapatalk. It's not about tapatalk it's about the forum admin.
    Thanks

Let's say posting (reply to thread) is irrelevant, isn't there anything that can only get the titles and or content of them? Just view the news?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Let's say posting (reply to thread) is irrelevant, isn't there anything that can only get the titles and or content of them? Just view the news?
    As far as I know , i think you have nothing but the browser.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    My sisters S3 is lagging like crazy. It takes more than 5s to just unlock the phone. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Could try factory resetting it. It's most likely stuffed with apps and other garbage.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Could try factory resetting it. It's most likely stuffed with apps and other garbage.
    That's what I hate about android, reset to keep it fresh !
    I have three years Nokia phone (windows phone) I didn't reset it once in this three years!
    Ah damn app gap :(
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    That deletes everything, right?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    That's what I hate about android, reset to keep it fresh !
    I have three years Nokia phone (windows phone) I didn't reset it once in this three years!
    Ah damn app gap :(
    Please :) ... You know that's not true.
    The device is just at a point where it's most likely so full of garbage, it's easier to reset rather than manually clean it up one by one. Google's recovery works so damn well, it will be set up again in a matter of minutes. (if you have sync turned on at least).

I've never reset my phone, but I don't install things like farmville and whatever either.

It's just like a pc, if you keep it tidy you'll never have to format it either. If you fill it to the rim with virusses, well.. formatting will be easier than cleaning it up.
    I rather factory reset and be done in 20 mins tops, than clean it up one by one and take a full day to finish cleaning things up.

I bet I can make your Nokia slow as hell, too. Just let me try ;-)

You can easily compare android to a basic linux. It's funny how people switch their opinion when you talk about linux instead, as they then claim that you should keep your linux pc clean and it's a lack of pc skills if you don't. But if it's a miniature pc we call a phone today, well... apparently whole different story! :)

Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    That deletes everything, right?
    yes, clean slate.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 21.06.15 at 12:42.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

anon (21.06.15)

Please :) ... You know that's not true.
    To some extent, yes it is true.

The device is just at a point where it's most likely so full of garbage, it's easier to reset rather than manually clean it up one by one. Google's recovery works so damn well, it will be set up again in a matter of minutes. (if you have sync turned on at least).
    I understand you but what about just uninstalling the over storage limit apps .. from my experience Android to mobile phones is like windows to PCs. put anything any where and just let it work ! after a while you find you phone is lagging as hell. just like windows for PCs comparing to mac os.

I've never reset my phone, but I don't install things like farmville and whatever either.
    I have a smartphone that has an android in it for a reason. the OS has to protect me from my ignorance.

I bet I can make your Nokia slow as hell, too. Just let me try ;-)
    Be my guest , sure it will be slow but what it got from me to do ? just unistalling everything you did install and boom it's just brand new and back to its health again. (on wp you have no system files access)

You can easily compare android to a basic linux. It's funny how people switch their opinion when you talk about linux instead, as they then claim that you should keep your linux pc clean and it's a lack of pc skills if you don't. But if it's a miniature pc we call a phone today, well... apparently whole different story! :)
    Yeah :-) , I just hate how is android is so confused system and not tidy at all. in linux you have a folder for everything and you won't find two folders that has the same purpose but in android .. wow a lot of things in every single piece of storage space.

the only thing i like about android, it's linux-based. otherwise it's a trash for me.
    Thanks

that's a bit over the top, isn't it ?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast