+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Android Thread

Go to settings -> your accounts -> google -> and turn off sync for contacts. (Or sync for everything if that's what you fancy)
    (Not cm related by the way, works on all androids)
    Last edited by Sazzy; 24.04.15 at 20:03.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Yes, I knew that but was thinking of something more permanent.
    Sometimes after an update, it will automatically turn on.
    Thanks

There isn't something more permanent. Except not flashing gapps.
    It shouldn't be doing that. By update, do you mean CM update?
    Last edited by Sazzy; 24.04.15 at 20:51.
    Thanks

No, CM flashing is basically a format. I'm talking about google apps updates, like playstore, gmail etc. Sometimes it does this, not everytime.
    The problem is that 1 time is enough for google to refresh it's own database of my contacs, photos, etc. Which is what I do not want, EVER.
    Thanks

I don't agree, that is not correct: Flashing a rom is not equal to a format. A dirty flash doesn't alter anything, except the rom of course. (which means: only flashing the rom, nothing else)
    Whiping dalvik/art and cache is recommended but doesn't alter anything either (only does what it says, clears the jitted cache which is inherent to languages like Java, .NET, etc...)
    Only a factory reset actually seems like a format, but isn't actually one for a big part as a lot of stuff is left behind.
    Only an actual format of /system counts as a format. And that is a very rare thing to do.

A factory reset is only needed when switching roms (e.g. between cyanogenmod and paranoid, miui, carbon, slim, omni, etc etc...)
    Whiping cache is only really needed when switching between major versions, but is recommended because it may cause weird issues between minor releases. (plus it's just cache anyway)

Anyway, like I said, it surprises me that it turns itself back on. It shouldn't be doing that. If it ends up being a real bother, go to recovery, factory reset, flash CM and don't flash gapps.
    From my understanding, you're already using a third party store anyway. And you really don't want to associate with google. So save yourself the bother and just don't flash it.
    It's not required to be on your device anyway. Licensing isn't the only reason they leave it out of the rom and have it as a separate flashable zip.

(PS: if you use any google services, might as well sync, they probably have your info anyway in that case, sync or no sync)
    Last edited by Sazzy; 24.04.15 at 22:55.
    Thanks

Bit stupid that I forgot about it since I make lots of use of it myself, but on a cm ROM you can go to privacy, select Google play services, enable privacy and disallow reading your contact list. Even if it reenables, it won't be able to read it.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

ozymandis (29.04.15) , Master Razor (28.04.15)

Now that's an answer, thank you.
    I was actually gonna try the xposed xprivacy module. I've heard it's a bit more advanced than cm.
    Thanks

I've moved from fleksy to Minuum Keyboard.
    It has a hell of an autocorrect.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Now that's an answer, thank you.
    I was actually gonna try the xposed xprivacy module. I've heard it's a bit more advanced than cm.
    it's pretty much the same.
    Thanks

I have a Moto E, CM version 5.0.X with a CPU Cortex-A7.
    Judging by this thread's last post, when he says doesn't support arm64/x86 processors what does it mean? Does this apply to me?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 29.04.15 at 00:03.
    Thanks

The Cortex A7 is a 32 bit ARM processor, so no, i don't think it applies to you.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (29.04.15)

So PrivacyGuard can ctrol startup as well, good but what about if I want to add an application to start-up? Maybe something to add like a system process so that it'll never turn off?
    Thanks

I think that would prevent your phone from going to deep sleep, which would ruin your battery.
    Don't know how to do that anyway. There's autostart managers available, but apps that need this already have it build in afaik.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 29.04.15 at 16:15.
    Thanks

I need keepass2droid to autostart but can't find the option in it.

LE: Also, Greenify or Deep sleep battery saver? Which one?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 29.04.15 at 17:26.
    Thanks

Greenify is more popular.

I think it's a security thing that keepass doesn't auto start.
    You can try installing https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....autorun&hl=en , or you can try creating an init.d script that launches it.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast