+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10 Technical Preview Available To Download

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Performance under 8 was actually better than 7's for me - one of the reasons I resent the font smoothing and forced Aero all the more.
    It's not just that. Win8 kernel just requires less than Win7. It works better and requires less resources. Not sure why you wouldn't want that!
    It does help, though. But if you turned off aero on both, win8 still wins.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

besides imagine have your favorite apps across your PC, tablet, Xbox and your phone either .. just the same app acroos all of this devices .. for me .. it's really win guys
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    besides imagine have your favorite apps across your PC, tablet, Xbox and your phone either .. just the same app acroos all of this devices .. for me .. it's really win guys
    That's already possible if you have an android : > (Yaaay android ! )
    Last edited by Sazzy; 09.10.14 at 19:27.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    That's already possible if you have an android : > (Yaaay android ! )
    I don't want to have this very long argument about android, My job is very specific to mobile field and believe me you don't want to trigger me to start talking about how bad android is or how much it is insecure .. totally insecure - if I can say - operating system !
    I don't see just one advantage of this calling android thing doesn't exist in iOS or WP either !

Sorry for the off-topic .

[Edit]
    Are you talking about the hack that run apks in chrome ?
    Last edited by Lucius; 10.10.14 at 00:42.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

hellman (10.10.14)

stuff's only as insecure as you make it.

ios -> tells you what to like. you're not allowed to like anything else. lacks customization
    wp -> apps always get released last. not many apps available in comparison and most aren't made very well. the os itself is wonderful, but lacks customization and hops behind due to unpopular compared to the other two.
    android -> easier to fuck up when you do stupid stuff with it, but highly customizable. tired of your home screen? install a new one. no updates for your phone? make your own!
    win8 -> skype is the only app that doesnt suck, and it offers 1/3 of the functions the normal desktop app has. no reason to use.

Honestly, things like being able to adjust my wakelocks for my gps so my battery lasts about 3 times as long with gps turned on 24/7 is pretty damn amazing and a huge advantage. Things like that is something i require of my phone.
    Maybe the minute tasker gets available on ios and wp i'll reconsider

It's a hack for now since it's a port from Chrome OS which is officially supported by Google. Once they finish it up, it's only a matter of time for chrome on win/mac/linux supports apk's officially as well.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 10.10.14 at 19:47.
    Thanks

stuff's only as insecure as you make it.
    It's not a rule at all, when you use an app which is spies on you and send all your info secretly, you didn't make it at all it's when it's all about.

ios -> tells you what to like. you're not allowed to like anything else. lacks customization
    Customization is not always a good thing, it has disadvantages more than its advantages. android has just one concept (everything goes) that's what customization is about. being a very wide open device which give the hacker to get it by just one click (or tap! ).

wp -> apps always get released last. not many apps available in comparison and most aren't made very well. the os itself is wonderful, but lacks customization and hops behind due to unpopular compared to the other two.
    So true about the lack of the apps but i think the gap getting closed (existing not quality).

android -> easier to fuck up when you do stupid stuff with it, but highly customizable. tired of your home screen? install a new one. no updates for your phone? make your own!
    Just ask yourself one simple questions.
    why google made android to be that very wide open ?
    why google doesn't review ANY of the apps that get released to play store ? (apps that doing bitcoin mining exist in play store right now .. oh come on !!)
    You know that one app got rejected by Microsoft because the developer was using a white fixed-color text ?
    because simply wp has two themes .. Light and dark , if the user uses the light theme the background being white thus this line of text won't appeared for the users who use the light theme ! .. now this company IS care about their consumers!

no updates for your phone? make your own!
    Really ?! Am I supposed to do my phone updates ?!! come one, my lumia 520 which is 90$ had about 6 major system update so far !!

Honestly, things like being able to adjust my wakelocks for my gps so my battery lasts about 3 times as long with gps turned on 24/7 is pretty damn amazing and a huge advantage. Things like that is something i require of my phone.
    Maybe the minute tasker gets available on ios and wp i'll reconsider
    I just looking for a stable OS and stable device because mainly it's mobile phone not a PSP ! I'm looking for a device that doesn't hang (at all), I don't want to format it weekly to get its health back again (even without virus infection or whatever), when I need it I want it to be wake and responsive.
    who cares about facebook app when I have to format my phone weekly or monthly and has to be recharged twice a day !!

It's a hack for now since it's a port from Chrome OS which is officially supported by Google. Once they finish it up, it's only a matter of time for chrome on win/mac/linux supports apk's officially as well.
    Goof luck for google die trying (and will) hacking our PCs also with thier shit-droid's apks !

I told you not to trigger me
    Last edited by Lucius; 11.10.14 at 02:05.
    Thanks

It's not a rule at all, when you use an app which is spies on you and send all your info secretly, you didn't make it at all it's when it's all about.
    That goes for WP and iOS as well :) google actually has pretty decent checkups on their app store, and have now added a policy where you need to give out your actual address before you're allowed to post an app.
    These apps get disallowed before they reach the store, or very quickly get pruned.

Customization is not always a good thing, it has disadvantages more than its advantages. android has just one concept (everything goes) that's what customization is about. being a very wide open device which give the hacker to get it by just one click (or tap! ).
    "More" depends on what you need. I had an iphone for two years. I was sick of the home screen after 6 months. I get bored too fast when not being able to customize. last point still goes, stuff is only as insecure as you make it. if you don't install apps you dont trust, chances are you'll be fine.

If anything, all of the last android updates have been partly about security. When running something like cyanogen, you can easily even adjust which apps get which abilities. If I decide at any point I no longer want facebook to be able to use my gps, I can just block it. I have not seen this functionality on any other platform.

So true about the lack of the apps but i think the gap getting closed (existing not quality).
    Yep. Android has a lot of shit apps as well though. But the overal WP quality is just horrible. If only all 3 platforms had the iOS apps standard of quality.

Just ask yourself one simple questions.
    why google made android to be that very wide open ?
    why google doesn't review ANY of the apps that get released to play store ? (apps that doing bitcoin mining exist in play store right now .. oh come on !!)
    You know that one app got rejected by Microsoft because the developer was using a white fixed-color text ?
    because simply wp has two themes .. Light and dark , if the user uses the light theme the background being white thus this line of text won't appeared for the users who use the light theme ! .. now this company IS care about their consumers!
    Except Google didn't even make android. They bought it from another company and just worked on that base. It was open before google even knew it was alive.
    Android is just linux, you know... It runs on a basic linux kernel with a java virtual machine on top.
    Is linux insecure then as well :) ? Come to think of it, linux is quite customizable as well.... ;-)

Really ?! Am I supposed to do my phone updates ?!! come one, my lumia 520 which is 90$ had about 6 major system update so far !!
    You're not supposed to. My point is that you can.

That's weird, WP only has had 2 major updates so far :) (e.g. 8.1 and then the one where tiles could have a background).
    I'm talking about the period when a phone gets old enough to lose support. The 520 won't get updates forever. At least you can flash an android when that happens.

I just looking for a stable OS and stable device because mainly it's mobile phone not a PSP ! I'm looking for a device that doesn't hang (at all), I don't want to format it weekly to get its health back again (even without virus infection or whatever), when I need it I want it to be wake and responsive.
    who cares about facebook app when I have to format my phone weekly or monthly and has to be recharged twice a day !!
    My android is super stable and runs on a custom rom even. When it was running on stock, stability was even better. It never hangs.
    I've formatted it twice and that was because I switched roms. (to get rid of leftovers)
    It's always responsive.

I'm not sure who put these lies in your head. This is not android at all. :)

Goof luck for google die trying (and will) hacking our PCs also with thier shit-droid's apks !
    Good luck trying to stay under their radar without even having an android..
    While Google might be considered 'evil', it's not exactly facebook and they're open about what they do (they're an ad agency!)
    You can easily check up on what kind of info they've gathered about you on their page.

Honestly, their services are so useful, it would suck having to go without them. (keep, music, gmail, youtube, maps, docs, ....)

I told you not to trigger me
    You're not getting off that easy ;-)

As a side-note, I believe privacy etc has died years ago. It's not a good thing, it's sad, but it's still just a fact.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 11.10.14 at 13:43.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (11.10.14)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Honestly, their services are so useful, it would suck having to go without them. (keep, music, gmail, youtube, maps, docs, ....)
    I don't use any Google services, yet somehow, life goes on. I also *SPOILER ALERT* don't use a mobile phone either. But granted, none of that will work for everyone.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

That goes for WP and iOS as well :) google actually has pretty decent checkups on their app store
    Are you sure about that ?! , it hasn't .. believe me .. their check is terrible.

These apps get disallowed before they reach the store, or very quickly get pruned.
    My example of the bitcoin mining app still in the store for a very long time and for sure it has passed the checkup and by the way .. it has been reported and I don't know if it's got deleted.

"More" depends on what you need. I had an iphone for two years. I was sick of the home screen after 6 months. I get bored too fast when not being able to customize.
    wp's start screen is so unique and customizable by the way.

If anything, all of the last android updates have been partly about security.
    That's if you got any indeed , when you're talking about mid-range device you will get just one (if you) update.

I have not seen this functionality on any other platform.
    It's in windows phone from day one.

Yep. Android has a lot of shit apps as well though.
    which could be a system one also.

But the overal WP quality is just horrible. If only all 3 platforms had the iOS apps standard of quality.
    I second those words.

That's weird, WP only has had 2 major updates so far :) (e.g. 8.1 and then the one where tiles could have a background).
    :)
    Look to be honest it's not that major but it was like jumping so I consider it (for android ones) major updates.
    there is 7.5, 7.8, 8.0 (520 released on this) , 8.0 GDR1, 8.0 GDR2, 8.0 GDR3, 8.1, 8.1 GDR1 so far

My android is super stable and runs on a custom rom even. When it was running on stock, stability was even better. It never hangs.
    I've formatted it twice and that was because I switched roms. (to get rid of leftovers)
    It's always responsive.
    You're not a casual user Saz ! , you have enough information to know HOW to use an operating system and keep it healthy to be usable.
    Look I work with mobile phones everyday .. you don't imagine how many devices I have to format it every single day to make it usable ! because of bad usage of course .. But in comparison to the wp devices which is immune to the damn hard and stupid user because the system is really hard and rare to get stuck.

I'm not sure who put these lies in your head. This is not android at all. :)
    My work

Good luck trying to stay under their radar without even having an android..
    I try to make it harder

While Google might be considered 'evil', it's not exactly facebook and they're open about what they do (they're an ad agency!)
    You can easily check up on what kind of info they've gathered about you on their page.

Look, no one could say that Google services is bad or not useful (although half -or more- has been bought ) but microsoft also has great alternatives and you are not forced to stuck with android to use youtube for example !
    I have a better app on wp for gmail than the one on android and it's faster by the way

You're not getting off that easy ;-)
    You're not the easy person in discussions

As a side-note, I believe privacy etc has died years ago. It's not a good thing, it's sad, but it's still just a fact
    I second but we have to keep trying
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I don't use any Google services, yet somehow, life goes on. I also *SPOILER ALERT* don't use a mobile phone either.
    OMG! Until now I thought I was the sole of my specie on the earth !!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Renk View Post
    OMG! Until now I thought I was the sole of my specie on the earth !!
    I'm guessing you can also relate to the intense wish for having a GSM signal jammer or portable EMP generator every time family and friends use their mobiles on an extremely absorbent and irresponsible manner.

The former device costs half of what I make on one month, but damn it, I've been this close to buying one many times.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12