+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smartphone Choice

Check Nokia 3,5 and 6
    Those will have pure android like nexus and pixel.

I think they will released at mid of April.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I want the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X !
    That one is apparently the latest king when it comes to price-quality ratio. Custom ROMs and everything available too.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I want the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X !
    xiaomi note 4x is quite good.not expensive
    Thanks

Once again, I need your help in making a choice.
    I need my need phone to have full support for unlocking bootloader, root and XPosed Framework as well as flashing OSes. The maximum buget for this is 300 Euro maximum.
    I'm think of getting either OnePlus 3 or Xiaomi Mi A1. I've heard good things for both of these brands.

I also think 3GB of RAM is not sufficient because:
    1. skype, telegram, google hangouts, whatsapp will take 1GB of RAM
    2. the os and system apps will take 2GB
    3. my apps will need an additional 1GB to function.

Also, WTF is with this new rule that phones cannot use SD cards anymore? All they have is internal storage?

What do you think?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 23.11.17 at 13:29.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    I need my need phone to have full support for unlocking bootloader, root and XPosed Framework as well as flashing OSes.
    Can't give pointers on specific models, but if you want this because you're focusing strictly on security... even installing Replicant in the best-supported hardware means you have to run proprietary blobs for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the cellular baseband. No one knows what's inside them, and it's very hard to know if the baseband is really isolated from the rest of the hardware too. Currently, there is no 100% free phone. Keep that in mind.

Also, WTF is with this new rule that phones cannot use SD cards anymore? All they have is internal storage?
    Oh, that's supposed to help you use the cloud more, since it's so practical and everyone has unlimited data plans nowadays. If you don't, there's something wrong with you
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qbittorrent; RM+
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss793
    check htc one a9
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 9/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss76
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    Once again, I need your help in making a choice.
    I need my need phone to have full support for unlocking bootloader, root and XPosed Framework as well as flashing OSes. The maximum buget for this is 300 Euro maximum.
    I'm think of getting either OnePlus 3 or Xiaomi Mi A1. I've heard good things for both of these brands.

I also think 3GB of RAM is not sufficient because:
    1. skype, telegram, google hangouts, whatsapp will take 1GB of RAM
    2. the os and system apps will take 2GB
    3. my apps will need an additional 1GB to function.

What do you think?
    I am currently an owner of Leeco Le max 2 (with xposed, custom rom etc), but i would definitely go for Xiaomi mi max 2. Dont be afraid of the screen(6.44''). You will get used to it within the week. Battery is a monster (like 10hrs +++ ScreenOnTime!!) and its great for reading too. Got it for my mother recently and told myself i will certainly get the next model, as soon as it gets out. An all around good phone.

You def need 4 gb and that's more than enough. No more no less than that.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (27.11.17)

I have to say, after searching for 3 full days for a phone, I can't find anything good. Hardware-wise, there a lots of good ones but none actually have good hardware and are also officially supported by LineageOS. WTF happened? All phones from Lineage are mostly old ones, there is nothing new. Many phones have custom roms, made from lineage but are not officialy supported which means thta at any time you can left high and dry with no new ROMs or support.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Things were so much easier when phones did fewer things and the firmware was not upgradeable
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (11.01.18)

Here is my research:
    1. Xiaomi has very good hardware but next to nothing for custom rom support and TWRP.
    2. OnePlus can be currently though as the next gen of Google Nexus. Has full support from developers, OnePlus offers support on their end for rooted users (which is something a manufacturer would never do). You have official ROMs from both 3-rd party and manufacturer,m and also supports all recovery images.
    3. Google Pixel is highly overrated, and overpriced.

I went with OP2 and I'm very happy with my choice: TWRP, LOS, Magisk, Xposed.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 14.01.18 at 16:58.
    Thanks

I'm very happy with my OPO which is still running up to date android which in itself is pretty amazing. That being said, they're getting rather expensive lately to justify getting a new 1+ ...
    How is the OP2 treating you?

I agree pixel is overrated but I do miss those cool little feature like big.LITTLE technology in most phones which the nexus' range did tend to have.
    Last edited by Sazzy; 16.01.18 at 19:35.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

I love my OP2. It may be somewhat old (manufacturered in 2015) but it is very good.
    - RAM consumption does not go beyond 1.2GB out of 3GB.
    - Battery lasts about 8 hours if I use it non-stop.
    - Overall quality of the phone is very good

But what I love about the OP is the massive attention it has from the community. All major developers support it and it is very easy to unlock the bootloader. And the manufacturer offers it's OS, OxygenOS for free on their site with instructions on how to flash for their bootloader and TWRP. Even their internal forum has support for TWRP.

I'm actually thinking to buy another OP next month. I'm thinking of the 5T 8GB RAM with 128GB storage. What do you think?
    Last edited by Master Razor; 16.01.18 at 21:39.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qBT Enhanced / PicoTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    Me & my wife have been using Xiaomi devices for 2 years now. They are great! Amazing battery and display, big storage and low price tag. The only down side is updates... Xiaomi likes to take their time....
    And before anyone says that MIUI is ugly, just use Nova launcher to get that stock android feeling.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123