Thread: The Deep Discussion Thread

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    @ Master Razor:

Most people, including myself would be very happy with such a operating system. Does everything you want, whenever you want and never is tired or not feel like doing anything.
    you'd think of it as a thing, not a person, no relationships there
    besides, even automated/computerized systems experience errors (in case of bugs, a lot of them), need electricity or recharging batteries, maintenance, upgrades and whatnot - the more complex a system, the more errors it will have

Of course the AI will have to learn from human experience and emotions
    how will it learn something that cannot be learned by a machine - it can only mimic such behavior so that it seems real, yet it will fake every one of those things (even worse than those human fakes you keep mentioning or complaining about)

One day the AI will be so intelligent that will eventually think "I was written by these inferior beings?"
    it will never be able to think, only reproduce already programmed responses - it is impossible for a computer to go beyond the human level of understanding - people often confuse speed of computation with increased abilities of understanding the computed material - in a similar manner it is impossible for an animal to go beyond humans, for a plant to go beyond the animal and for the matter (=computer) to go beyond any of the aforementioned!

people often confuse our bodies (which are similar to computers or machines) with our consciousness, which cannot be replicated simply because it is immaterial - even our (limited) material world as a whole is an example of a lesser image or version of the (unlimited) spiritual world

And the rest is as the Terminator predicted, war.
    only if the human programmer provided/implemented such a function or solution or choice or result of computation (or if the bug results in something that may be called a war)

Still in realilty you have struggle in order to get things to work in your life, relationships, then marriages, then parenting.
    of course, all of these beings want something (else), so in a clash of their desires they need to settle for some compromise (and on a deeper level all of these compromises lead towards self-realization, for all of them)

There many things to give up. A relationship with a computer is perfect, there are no compromises, no struggles, life is simple again. I would totally do that, date my computer.
    by giving up things you realize what is more important, otherwise you'd have huge piles of useless stuff all around you, with no idea what to give up
    the truth hurts, so does parting with things you became addicted to or dependent on, even though you don't really need any of them (at least not in the long run)

so, i guess i'd totally get some popcorn while you date your computer hehe
    Thanks

I'd like to discuss why humanity uses all of its brain power and financial resources to trick people instead of using those resources to create better things.
    For example, in marketing, people try to come up with gimmicks that will make crappy products and services into attractive products and services.
    Further examples:

https://ux.stackexchange.com/questio...mate-backwards
    If you read Jung Lee response, you will note that the progress bar just appears to go faster, but that doesn't make it so. Yt people spent lots of man power for researching this useless fact.

https://ux.stackexchange.com/questio...n-number-price
    People have the tendency to buy the cheapest items but sometimes they are deceived. If you read NGAFD answer,
    in our study involving the women’s clothing catalog, we were able to increase demand by a third by raising the price of a dress from $34 to $39. By comparison, changing the price from $34 to $44 yielded no difference in demand.
    Same thing: lots of research made to deceive people instead of actually helping them.

This is what i've always been saying: progress is stopped in favor of deceiving the common joe for MONEY. I hate people that work in advertising and marketing because they lie, they are told to lie and make shitty cheap products appear better than expensive high-quality products. The examples are endless and this is what annoys me the most in this world. Everything advertised my man is a LIE.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    why humanity uses all of its brain power and financial resources to trick people instead of using those resources to create better things
    humanity?
    all of its brain power and financial resources?
    so this stuff you just wrote is also a trick?

in marketing, people try to come up with gimmicks that will make crappy products and services into attractive products and services.
    they want to increase sales of their products and have to come up with fresh ideas to do that

you will note that the progress bar just appears to go faster, but that doesn't make it so.
    didn't seem faster to me

people spent lots of man power for researching this useless fact.
    its their choice, their company/money

progress is stopped in favor of deceiving the common joe for MONEY
    depends how you define 'progress', a more efficient way of extracting money could be called 'progress'

I hate people that work in advertising and marketing because they lie
    see, you're hatin' again

they are told to lie and make shitty cheap products appear better than expensive high-quality products.
    cheap products are rarely directly compared to expensive ones

Everything advertised my man is a LIE.
    they often exaggerate and so does this quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    "Marge, it takes two to lie: one to lie and one to listen."
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (13.08.17)

Let's discuss this music video. I think it pretty much sums it up.

I believe the biggest conspiracy made by man is the interconnectivity of all things. Everything being connected toghether makes impossible to destroy/disable some useless/bad things that wound up in the system in the first place.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 13.08.17 at 19:13.
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (18.08.17)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1620

A Simpler Way: Crisis as Opportunity is a free feature-length documentary that follows a community in Australia who came together to explore and demonstrate a simpler way to live in response to global crises. Throughout the year the group build tiny houses, plant veggie gardens, practice simple living, and discover the challenges of living in community. This film is the product of hours and hours of footage that I shot during that year-long experiment in simple living. The documentary includes interviews with David Holmgren, Helena Norberg-Hodge, Nicole Foss, Ted Trainer, Graham Turner, and more.
    Last edited by Blocker; 14.08.17 at 00:53.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (18.08.17)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Let's discuss this music video. I think it pretty much sums it up.
    the 'jungle' mentioned speaks of danger and unpredictability, but danger depends on what you do in life and unpredictability is only due to human ignorance of how the universe works (it is perfectly predictable because it acts like a machine with already laid out dependencies and connections between its inhabitants, their characteristics, etc.)

the lyrics wonder how we still manage to survive in such an environment - the wonder may start multiplying exponentially if all of these 'coincidences' start getting added to the probability equation, not only regarding 'life in the ghetto', but regarding life in general and the conditions needed for anything out there to exhibit the characteristics it has, do what it does or even exist in the first place - there is no materialistic reason why this world would exist at all - for example, lets assume 'the big bang' as the cause of our materialistic world - there is no reasonable explanation for the big bang itself because there is nothing before it, nothing to give it some meaning - this stays the same regardless of how well you may know the inherent laws, thus scientific efforts in this direction are actually futile!

other things mentioned speak of low quality of life, inequality, social issues, etc. - all of these are a result of human ignorance, not knowing what is the perfect way to live one's life, even though people already have perfect instructions for it (ancient moral/ethical principles having their origin in serious religions around the world), they just don't see the benefits, don't want to do it that way, don't believe in it, etc. - those foolish people think they know better!

'living close to the edge, trying not to lose one's head' - a deeper (spiritual) understanding of our world results in lessening this constant worrying, insecurity, madness and confusion (mentioned in my sig)

'having no money, guess having no choice' - obviously, understanding things does not require money

'education as key to success' - education is good but there is also a hefty amount of indoctrination, thus you get educated into what the system wants you to think about it (a kind of wishful thinking)

so many things in a few verses of a simple music video, eh?

btw. ice cube used that funky sample in his song 'check yo self'

I believe the biggest conspiracy made by man is the interconnectivity of all things. Everything being connected toghether makes impossible to destroy/disable some useless/bad things that wound up in the system in the first place.
    the inter-connectivity is self-explanatory: whatever you do gets spread throughout the universe in a series of cause-effect events (and vice versa, when all things from the universe affect you) - your influence does not end on your local level
    now expand this time-wise: whatever you once did in the past not only influences that particular time, but also all (!) events in the future, because all future depends on the past - getting dizzy yet?

however, the connectivity alone does not determine what outcomes will there be in this universe: those depend also on the inhabitants of the universe, thus they depend on your choices too - if people are too reluctant to 'change their ways', those 'bad things in the system' will keep on troubling them - the system in a society is a reflection of the 'state of mind' of the people that live in this society - if people in a society are corrupt, any system they devise will have this 'mark of corruption' upon it, their only way out is to change their own personal level of corruption, from one person to the other (as gandhi said: 'be the change you wish to see in the world')
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    review of: 'A Simpler Way: Crisis as Opportunity' documentary:

Quote Originally Posted by documentary
    we now face an existential crisis
    not another one?

seems we have not found a new story by which to live
    why reinventing hot water? it is already known what are the best ways to live, they have been known for millennia (and much more beyond that)
    what are they? perfect instructions ie. ancient moral/ethical principles having their origin in serious religions around the world

simpler way of living project
    were their food, electricity, transportation vehicles, tents, clothes, building materials and tools a product of the industry too? then their project is not self-reliant in this sense, not even nearly

they keep mentioning sustainability, which is defined as endurance, but you can only endure so much, which depends on the conditions - wikipedia mentions wetlands as an example of a sustainable environment, though its endurance obviously depends on the climate, earth, sun, universe, inhabitants and all kinds of other conditions, which are simply assumed to always work in its favor

one of them mentions 'improving constantly', yet in the beginning, the video criticized endless growth economy

seems they did not bother mentioning their basic moral/ethical views on life (apart from aiding our 'fragile' environment), topics like God or religion were left out of it - they assume that by changing to a simple life of less things you somehow become a better person, whereas it is what you do with whatever things you have, that shows what kind of a person you are, which means some of their fundamental assumptions are flawed to begin with

so it is not necessarily about simplicity, it is about the underlying principles of life - to know these means to know how to live, the rest is 'we think' therefore 'we think we know how to do it'

we need brutal reality
    reality (he meant 'materialistic reality') is not brutal at all, it is merely structured in a certain way, so if you desire or expect something different, you may indeed find it 'brutally' difficult to change or 'brutal'

this could be shared with a lot of people
    and what if what you share is ignorance? then those buying into the idea will make similar mistakes you did

the wealth that we are taking from less developed countries
    these countries agreed on exploitative contracts, for without that, the capitalist west would have had nothing to exploit in the first place (at least not without a war)

from what i saw, these people are young environmentalists, activists, more or less into the so-called 'earth-religion', which is a form of (neo)paganism, where the nature itself is their God of choice - the thing is, these concepts may be ancient, however none of them seems to have been able to stay intact or strong throughout the ages, thus one may conclude that these systems are less advanced, missing something in their core, some deeper truth

limits to growth
    since the materialistic world is a limited world, there are limits to it in every sense available, thus also there are limits to growth (of any kind)

when is the technical advance going to start solving our problems
    it has started doing so the very first day it was put into motion - which applies to anything else in the world as well

lets say you were a drug addict that managed to conquer this addiction - the very first day of your introduction to the drug was already a first step in leading you towards the end-result, that of 'conquering the addiction' - for, if you did not already have this addiction (as a subconscious personal problem waiting to manifest itself), you wouldn't even get addicted in the first place - it means you needed this experience to get rid of that particular problem - that is the point of having any problems in your life, that is the point of what this documentary calls 'Crisis as Opportunity'
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    I didn't know whether to post in the TIL thread or here. But these are interesting concepts I'd never heard of before!

https://attunedvibrations.com/432hz/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_tuning
    Thanks

@mods, Please rename this thread to The Deep Discussion Thread , seems more appropriate.

Today i'd like to discuss Nikola Tesla's reason for not marying.
    The source is an article published in 1924: Nikola Tesla - "Mr. Tesla Explains Why He Will Never Marry" - An Engineer's Aspect

"I had always thought of woman as possessing those delicate qualities of mind and soul that made her in her respects far superior to man. I had put her on a lofty pedestal, figuratively speaking, and ranked her in certain important attributes considerably higher than man. I worshipped at the feet of the creature I had raised to this height, and, like every true worshiper, I felt myself unworthy of the object of my worship.

But all this was in the past. Now the soft voiced gentle woman of my reverent worship has all but vanished. In her place has come the woman who thinks that her chief success in life lies on making herself as much as possible like man - in dress, voice, and actions, in sports and achievements of every kind. The world has experience many tragedies, but to my mind the greatest tragedy of all is the present economic condition wherein women strive against men, and in many cases actually succeed in usurping their places in the professions and in industry. This growing tendency of women to overshadow the masculine is a sign of a deteriorating civilization.

Practically all the great achievements of man until now have been inspired by his love and devotion to woman. Man has aspired to great things because some woman believed in him, because he wished to command her admiration and respect. For these reasons he has fought for her and risked his life and his all for her time and time again.

Perhaps the male in society is useless. I am frank to admit that I don't know. If women are beginning to feel this way about it - and there is striking evidence at hand that they do - then we are entering upon the cruelest period of the world's history.

Our civilization will sink to a state like that which is found among the bees, ants, and other insects - a state wherein the male is ruthlessly killed off. In this matriarchal empire which will be established, the female rules. As the female predominates, the males are at her mercy. The male is considered important only as a factor in the general scheme of the continuity of life.

The tendency of women to push aside man, supplanting the old spirit of cooperation with him in all the affairs of life, is very disappointing to me."

I have to agree, and to tell the truth I've always felt this way. Women lost their femininity and place in the world. Nowdays you cannot even tell apart man from woman. The act the same, dress the same, have same jobs. Again, for the record, I am extremely sad to be alive in this day and age.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 21.01.18 at 15:08.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola Tesla
    that made her in her respects far superior to man.
    as a rule, male and female are complementing each other, thus each have their own strong points

I worshipped at the feet of the creature I had raised to this height
    God is to be worshiped, not man or woman or child or nature or whathaveyou

In her place has come the woman who thinks that her chief success in life lies on making herself as much as possible like man - in dress, voice, and actions, in sports and achievements of every kind.
    that is because women (and men) have been duped by (some of) those who were leading female movements, they used the problem of male/female inequality to gain a substantial increase of the industrial workforce (up to 50%) to further push the so-called economic growth, while at the same time destroying the family as a cornerstone of a healthy society - in effect, new generations lack in upbringing and new parents still have difficulties to financially support a whole family, even with both working parents

the reason why both sexes have been duped was/is a growing lack of understanding of their roles in the society - they were foolish to misunderstand, abandon and partially forget sound traditions and accept perverted (modern) theories, so now they will have to learn it the hard way, by struggling within a poisoned society, searching for values that may act as a cure to this corruption, even though these values have been known since 'the beginning of time'

Practically all the great achievements of man until now have been inspired by his love and devotion to woman.
    every relevant (holy) religious scripture has been inspired by the love and devotion to God

Perhaps the male in society is useless.
    a thing that is (truly) useless does not exist in the first place

Our civilization will sink to a state like that which is found among the bees, ants, and other insects - a state wherein the male is ruthlessly killed off. In this matriarchal empire which will be established, the female rules.
    a corrupt global patriarchal empire is more likely, where ruling positions are usurped by what is known as the corrupt elite, shadow government, masonic or occult organizations - they are almost exclusively male; in no way are they letting go of their power or positions
    they prefer corrupt indoctrinated males and females, since these are easily led towards all kinds of immoral actions - proper male sense of duty or female caring would ruin their plans for global domination
    indoctrination is spread by what is known as 'education', which is crafted to support those aforementioned perverted (modern) theories, thus producing new generations of poisoned minds, continuing the problem
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

Master Razor (15.04.18) , alpacino (24.01.18)

I stumbled upon something interesting today and it (like many other things i've learned) made me sick. I'm sick again, SICK!! Let's discuss the contents of the ongoing discussion at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...the_creepiest/

I won't even quote what is written in there. It seems like everything is a charade. It's similar to an operating system (to be read as Windows): it's all very clean and crisp and beautiful but behind the GUI everuything is rotten. It's like the freakin' matrix, two worlds side by side, where one world drain the resorces of another in order to function.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    these documents are just the tip of the iceberg, concerning some of the more known operations, many of them heavily censored prior to publication, even though they ought to be available in their entirety for public scrutiny (truth)

the question is could such revelations cause a public movement towards an open investigation of all past and ongoing secret or semi-secret operations and experiments being done on the unsuspecting american and world population, by their governments, intelligence departments or the related private contractors (honesty)

another question is the accountability of those who ordered such experiments, as many could be interpreted as serious crimes against humanity, sponsored by the government and other non-governmental parties (justice)

also, what can be expected from the next generations, more of the same or are they going to be able to eventually wisen up and choose a higher ethical position when deciding on their course of action regarding these topics (moral integrity)

it's all very clean and crisp and beautiful but behind the GUI everuything is rotten. It's like the freakin' matrix, two worlds side by side, where one world drain the resorces of another in order to function.
    we are already living in the matrix (of our senses), which is a part of the larger matrix aka 'the materialistic world', the contents of which is designed to temporarily simulate corruption, life in a corrupt environment and the effects of living such a life - it has been so from the beginning of time ('fall of man')

we are experiencing life in this world because that is what we currently deserve, our level of spiritual corruption becomes reflected onto our roles, behavior, thoughts and deeds in this world - what is known as 'evil' is the most corrupt, what is known as 'good' is the least corrupt, what is known as 'transcendental' is beyond corruption (does not experience corruption)

using the example above, experiments done on the unsuspecting public may indeed fall into the category of 'evil' - the same could be said of continuous attempts to use such acquired knowledge to further one's position in the arms/military race, technological/scientific race, economic/financial race, educational/media/information area, biological/genetic area, mental/emotional/psychological area, and so on; all playing into the hands of the globalist agenda ('one ring to rule them all... and in the darkness bind them')
    Thanks

I've recently discovered that people react faster and are more responsive when threatened. Whenever I asked an individual or a company representative something nicely, it never got done. However, when threatened everything went very fast. Why is that? Am I to assume this kind of behavior only exists in my country or is something available everywhere? Down here that's the only real talk you can do in order to accomplish anything.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 19.07.18 at 10:00.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39444
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    I've recently discovered that people react faster and are more responsive when threatened. Whenever I asked an individual or a company representative something nicely, it never got done. However, when threatened everything went very fast. Why is that?
    Well, I'd say it's basic human instinct, but sometimes people mistake your kindness for weakness...
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast