+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bodhi Linux

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Bodhi Linux

Jeff Hoogland has announced the availability of the first release candidate for Bodhi Linux 3.0.0, an Ubuntu-based distribution featuring the Enlightenment 19 window manager
    link is here: Development Release: Bodhi Linux 3.0.0 RC1 (DistroWatch.com News)

Its a development release. I tried Bodhi once. I don't know what to say about it. Enlightenment looks nice. It's quite configurable, but I just don't think it was my kind of soup.
    Some of the customized configurations that I tried to implement within the window manager just didn't seem to work out as expected.

The blog's link is here: Thoughts on Technology: Bodhi Linux 3.0.0 Release Candidate 1

And I strongly urge you to read the known issues as always with any OS before any kind of install to determine if it's suitable for you.

Legacy Hardware Support

The most important new thing in this release is the addition of an ISO image that supports legacy hardware. The legacy ISO image features a 3.2 kernel that will work on 486 machines (or newer), including non-PAE hardware. This ISO image currently features the same E19 desktop that the other three discs have, but if all goes as planned the legacy disc will feature the E17 desktop by default starting with our second release candidate.
    It's kind of an older kernel, don't you think?? The current stable one is 3.15.

and of course, there is also this known issue:

Existing 3.0.0 Users Can Upgrade

As always existing 3.0.0 users can simply use eepDater to get the latest and greatest system from their current install. 64bit users will need to implement this workaround though for a troublesome package that found its way into the beta.
    The link for 64 bit users leads to a solution as follows:

Code:
    sudo touch /usr/bin/gksu-original
    sudo touch /usr/bin/gksu
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo dpkg -r --force-all esudo
    sudo apt-get -f install
    sudo apt-get install bodhi-desktop
    and the link for that is here: Fixing esudo upgrade issue in 64bit beta - Bodhi Linux Forums

Fairly easy and minor touch-up. So ya...post your thoughts.
    Last edited by SealLion; 10.06.14 at 07:09.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread