+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wildstar

Wildstar

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    WildStar is an upcoming fantasy/science fiction massively multiplayer online role-playing game that takes place on the fictional planet Nexus, where a mysterious and powerful race known as the Eldan has disappeared leaving behind a wealth of technology and secrets for players to explore.[2][3]

WildStar is developed by Carbine Studios, published by NCSOFT and was unveiled on August 17, 2011 during Gamescom.[4]

The game was first set to be released in 2013 Q4, but was later delayed to June 3, 2014. WildStar gives players two methods of paying for the game, following the initial purchase. The first being a monthly subscription, giving the player 30 days of game time. The second method allows players to purchase an in-game item which grants 30 days of playtime, but is able to be traded to other players for in-game currency.[5]

News | WildStar®

What do you guys think? It looks like fun. Apparently it's the next big thing! I've enjoyed NCSOFT's other games a lot so far. Anyone here plan on getting it?
    Open beta just started. I'm getting it right now!

Talking about NCSOFT, the only thing I haven't tried out yet is GW2. Anyone still playing that? Wouldn't mind tagging along somewhere. Don't feel like getting it on my own and _none_ of my friends are interested...
    Last edited by Sazzy; 08.05.14 at 21:37.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (08.05.14)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    I was really hyped about game. Then I played closed beta and was really disappointed in game performance. Everyone keeps saying it still needs a lot of optimization, but game launches in less than 30 days, so don't know how much they can do until then. Even now in open beta performance is still terrible for me, not even getting 20fps

I'm playing GW2 on Gandara server since launch! Love the game but don't play it so much as I used to. Maybe an hour per day or less
    Thanks

I'm playing open beta atm. Performance is not bad for me, but if a few humans run on my screen it gets laggy fast. It would be okay, I guess, if just the chars were laggy. Don't understand how they can make me fully laggy.... :(

That being said, I'm not sure if I like it or not. I've played a few hours now and it's not bad at all. But it's not good either. I wasn't bored, but not super entertained either.

Really curious about GW2 too though. I was basically a hardcore GW1 player and have 6k+ hours. Pretty much was still playing last december. Took a huge break though when GW2 came out and didn't really play any games. Now I've completely missed the game, which is sad :( An hour a day is still quite a bit.. I take it it's still active enough to get and play?
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    GW2 changed a bit over the months. You should check their official website and forums for major patch notes. Maybe you'll like it
    I never played GW1, maybe that's why I still like GW2
    Thanks

Having progressed in the open beta of WildStar, I've seen a lot of people saying that it only gets fun at lvl20. Being lvl9, that's quite a bit more of playing
    WildStar is still pretty okay so far, but I just feel like I'm running all over the place without really doing anything... I also feel like I get screwed over on my challenges often by people doing the same time challenge (e.g. kill x amount of monster type y)... That's what I always liked about GW1, it was instanced. Easy to repeat, farm, etc, without being bothered too much if you didn't want it. SWTOR had a similar system which was much more open. The world itself is completely open, but most challenges were instance based. I haven't seen or done anything like this in WildStar, but I'm sure it will come to it at some point. I feel like SWTOR had this much sooner.

I guess I'm kinda bummed out because I feel like I'm hardly making any progress in the game. A mount would probably be nice at this point...

Thanks, I'll check out the changelog, though having played the beta, I don't think it will have changed so much it's not recognizable anymore.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    I agree about Wildstar. Not sure if you watched any of their LiveStreams on Twitch or YT, but there they made game look so awesome, but now when I'm actually playing nothing seems so memorable.

When was the last time you played GW2? Just to let you know Lions Arch got destroyed
    Thanks

I've followed some twitch channels on wildstar and wasn't all too impressed. But I have to say that an mmo always looks boring when someone else is playing it... Currently I just really feel the need for a mount, but am nowhere near close to getting one yet :( I don't mind running around and enjoying the terrain, but walking speed is so slow :/ (Same feeling with SWTOR)

As for GW2, I got a beta key, never got a real one So last time I played was before release. xD
    And aww no, not LA D: Bestest town arround!
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    If you can afford, you should buy GW2. It's better to pay once and play forever than pay monthly subscription.
    Thanks

While I'm not super fond of pay to play, it has some upsides. SWTOR's/Tera's/... userbase really went down the hill after becoming free. "Please can i have some gold?", etc...

Also, if you play it enough, you can pay the monthly fee with ingame gold! That's a pretty cool feature for WildStar...

Sad part is that the GW2 50% off deal stopped yesterday :(
    Last edited by Sazzy; 12.05.14 at 20:31.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    While I'm not super fond of pay to play, it has some upsides. SWTOR's/Tera's/... userbase really went down the hill after becoming free. "Please can i have some gold?", etc...
    Both of them have subscription model as well, so F2P makes sense that it's restricred. I know SWTOR is.

Also, if you play it enough, you can pay the monthly fee with ingame gold! That's a pretty cool feature for WildStar...
    The only question is how much time you'll need to invest into game (grind) in order to be able to buy monthly subscription.

Sad part is that the GW2 50% off deal stopped yesterday :(
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    Both of them have subscription model as well, so F2P makes sense that it's restricred. I know SWTOR is.
    Yeah, of course. Fully agree. I just meant that the game gets flooded with beggars for items, gold, help with quests that could be resolved if they would just read the quest log, ...
    While it's probably part of an mmo, it's kinda annoying and mmo's without a f2p model generally don't have this issue as much.

The only question is how much time you'll need to invest into game (grind) in order to be able to buy monthly subscription.
    Yeah. Also, how much will you lose out on by doing this? If I understood it properly, a subscriber can buy gold etc from other people. I could think the game would not be super enjoyable if you have to give away 95% of your hard earned gold just to keep playing. (Unless you really don't need gold in this game). With gw1, we used to by consets (consumables) to buff the party when we'd go on raids. While not super expensive in their own, if you're doing 10 a day (or more), the cost quickly goes up.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Are you playing open beta? I'm currently trying out warrior, and it's kinda fun, but I fell like leveling is super slow, and way too many quests. I'd rather see them make less quests and more dynamic events like GW2 has.
    Thanks

I'm playing open beta, yes.

Leveling really is slow, yeah. I feel like it takes ages to progress. Without a mount, it also takes ages to get to any quests, I think.

I don't mind that there are many quests. Not all of them are required, and pve is what I mostly enjoy so I can only welcome it. What I do hate, though, are the timed challenges. God, they're so annoying. Can only cancel them too once you failed them...
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    At what lvl do you get a mount? I'm lvl 12 now I only mainly play PVE but I don't like when there's so many quests, especially when I just did a quest in an area and when I pick next quest, takes me to the same place And like you said, going on foot takes too long.

Challenges can get annoying sometimes. Yesterday I got one and when I clicked on a "show me the way" arrow it was 600 meters away
    Thanks

Mounts are level 14, so you're almost there!

when I just did a quest in an area and when I pick next quest, takes me to the same place
    God yes. Please, they need to change this. I keep going to the exact same area over and over, trying to do _all_ the quests. It would be okay if that area was nearby, but it's often a 5 minute walk to get there. I like exploring, but this is ridiculous!

I rerolled my char the other day as I didnt like the warrior/esper class. Spellslinger/explorer works so much better for me. Explorer is actually pretty nifty, making you look up special areas!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast