transmission-daemon

Mod features:
    • Remote GUI and Web Client_________
    • Always Leecher, report 0%__________
    • Always Seeder, report real up, no down
    • Report a ratio of ~2________________
    • Report a ratio of ~4________________

Other features

• 2.77 core and kept up to date with official transmission 2.9x github.

Also included, among several others,
    are many additional bug fixes and enhancements not limited to:
    • Prefetching of magnetized metadata right away
    • Improve “No Data Found” error message and recovery behavior
    • Make it possible to choose what files to download after getting magnet metadata
    • Seeding progress bars do not show in Web UI
    • The correct implementation of Blocklists loaded in Transmission should be used to filter DHT communication
    • Collect unwanted, but received, blocks in a separate file
    • Skip verify check
    • Reverify on completion
    • Streaming of the torrent's file(s)
    • Run external application or script on torrent add
    • Webseed reimplementation
    • Prevent peers stalling both magnet acquisitions, uploads and downloads

Official configuration settings: https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki...gFiles#Options
    Unofficial additional settings (all platforms) : transmission-daemon-cygwin / Discussion / General Discussion:Additional Settings

Windows
    Windows XP and higher, 32 or 64 bit.
    32-bit (will run everywhere)
    64-bit only on 64-bit versions of Windows.

Linux
    For Linux first compile modded source.
    https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Building
    After compiling replace the web client with the included modded web-client.

MAC
    For MAC first compile modded source.
    https://forum.transmissionbt.com/vie...hp?f=4&t=15167
    After compiling replace the web client with the included modded web-client.

GUI

transmission remote gui

Will connect to a daemon running on any platform.

Select the torrent(s) you want and then right click and choose Properties... (you can double click a single torrent). For the cheat/Announce mode mode enter a value between 990 and 994 into the Peers box.
    Values between 990 and 994 are treated as such:
    • 990 = Normal Announce, no cheat_________
    • 991 = Always Leecher, report 0%__________
    • 992 = Always Seeder, report real up, no down
    • 993 = Report a ratio of ~2________________
    • 994 = Report a ratio of ~4________________

Values 989 or less are entered as the Peer Limit.

Cheat/Announce column on the main panel.
    You can move the column where you want it.

Other features
    • Skip Verify
    • Show Verify Queue status
    • Seeding time column
    • Seeding time also shown next to ratio in torrent info pane
    • Include paused torrents in error filter
    • Unicode support
    • Blocklist entry count display & change
    • Seed Ratio column
    • Set Streaming mode of the torrent's file(s)
    • x
    • x

transgui.exe included for Windows.

transgui for Mac ( thanks Instab ! ) some graphics problems, have a look for yourself ...

To compile yourself for Linux ( Windows or Mac also ) Building - transmisson-remote-gui - Building Transmission Remote GUI from sources - Cross platform remote GUI for the Transmission Bit-Torrent client - Google Project Hosting You will need lazarus-0.9.30 and fpc-2.4.2 from Lazarus | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net

Web Client
    Use the clutch web client you right-click torrent(s) and select cheat/Announce Mode from there. Inspector displays mode also.

Attachments here below will be kept latest stable release and will supersede or equal any posts which follow.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 01.02.19 at 21:41. Reason: proportional ratios, variable cheat ratios, torrent groups + tags, new native Mac client, more IPv6 options, dht024, bug fixs
    Application error: warning -> battery failure imminent ~ shutting down NOW permanent == message to Earth -- finalized shudown code ... 6ikf9849l+!~:'?.|\
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

lil-fella (03.08.23) , Auba22 (25.10.21) , x00001111 (16.02.20) , ffp (09.01.20) , acidbob (02.01.20) , Blocker (20.11.19) , sb86 (11.01.19) , Mon (11.01.19) , H265 (08.01.19) , albus (27.12.18) , brun (14.03.18) , surgat (05.03.18) , Aranha (27.09.17) , Distraction (06.03.16) , Spongebob (19.04.15) , bastardo (07.11.14) , drdomuch (21.10.14) , Dragoon (28.06.14) , mmmmm (17.03.14) , zora (17.03.14) , Lucius (17.03.14) , anon (17.03.14) , Instab (17.03.14)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    web client --> shift client --> the torrent's Details --> |Details| --> peer-limit --> 0 --> |Apply|
    For the post above here's the GUI so you're not stuck with
    using the shift client (if you don't want to) for setting
    peer-limit to 0 (zero).

Now you can set peer-limit to 0 (zero) with the GUI.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peer-limit-zero.JPG 
Views:	449 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	15437

Like described in post #60 ( the previous post http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=4#post328226 )
    so there's no connect whatsoever to peers.

The Mac GUI is just a hack of SpinEdit MinValue
    since I don't have a Mac to compile with.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 06.06.15 at 00:13.
    Application error: warning -> battery failure imminent ~ shutting down NOW permanent == message to Earth -- finalized shudown code ... 6ikf9849l+!~:'?.|\
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15) , Lucius (06.06.15)

Unregistered
    Am I right in thinking that by setting the upload to 0, that it disables the upload entirely?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Am I right in thinking that by setting the upload to 0, that it disables the upload entirely?

Many thanks
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'm almost positive 0 in this case will mean unlimited.
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post

Many thanks
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'm almost positive 0 in this case will mean unlimited.
    Actually, upload speed zero kills everything for the torrent. https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3155 I don't really like this myself and find it of little use this way. On post #60 http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=4#post328226 I'll update the files there so that upload speed zero results in just that, while continuing to download properly. There has to be a small amount of upload for peer connections and such, which produces just a tiny bit of upload.

Follow the instructions post #60 to install to the main releases of post #1.
    Be sure to heed the warnings as described on post #60 lest you'll probably be visited by the cheat police

EDIT: couldn't edit post #60 so I'm attaching the new files here.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 18.06.15 at 18:22. Reason: unnecessary overhead upload eliminated
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (23.06.15) , Lucius (17.06.15) , anon (17.06.15) , Instab (17.06.15)

Unregistered
    Would you please consider adding an option to disable private flag for new torrents?

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    New Windows & Linux downloads at post #64 above .
    Stopped unnecessary upload of overhead on zero speeds.

...i sent the new files to the post, uh oh, the md5 failed, i restored the old ones temporarily, then resent, good md5 now all ok June 18, 2015 time ~17:38
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 18.06.15 at 18:38. Reason: sent files verified ok
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (23.06.15) , Lucius (18.06.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    There's new transmission application release downloads at post #1.

Since my last post I've worked hard to get the ZERO upload feature correctly implemented. Now when you set upload speed to zero, either globally or per torrent, you really get a true zero up with absolute minimum overhead. There is a new algorithm that keeps the download speed maximized when zero is specified for the upload speed. This works great for me and saves my upload for other things. I've got a shit upload speed. Now with no upload at all I can still keep my download speed at a high rate, even on new torrents with lots of leechers and few seeders. It's been greatly improved since post #64 but the information there is still relevant http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=5#post328609

Other released improvements are:

Bonus point drone seed feature. No download necessary, just set the torrent to 100% complete and put the torrent's download, upload and peer-lmit to zero See post #60 http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=4#post328226

Peer Limit zero, post #61 http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=5#post328271

If you have any questions or suggestions just let me know.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (23.06.15) , Instab (21.06.15) , Lucius (21.06.15) , Rebound (21.06.15)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Would you please consider adding an option to disable private flag for new torrents?
    Bumping this for you. I usually check the moderated posts queue every night, but forgot about it lately.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    I added this to the new release at post #1. With the GUI use the add a tracker Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add-tracker.JPG 
Views:	283 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	15543 to the torrent and add exactly privateOFF as the tracker. Then you will see a confirmation. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	private-confirmed.JPG 
Views:	310 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	15540(it's NOT an error in this case). If you typo you'll get an error "invalid argument - no trackers added" If you want private back on use privateON . Also if you like:
    transmission-remote localhost:9091 -n user:password --torrent ID --tracker-add privateON
    Now this is good for the current transmission session.

strike this: see anon's post below.
    For a way for it to stay when transmission is stopped then restated multiple times a new session, like you shut it down for nights because you don't run as seed box 24/7, then use a bencode edit Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bencode-edit.JPG 
Views:	408 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	15542 (zero is disabled private flag) on the original torrent file or the one in your .config\transmission-daemon\torrents\ Or you can just use text edit on the torrent. Look for like :privatei1e6 and change the 1 to a 0 :privatei0e6.

There you have it. I don't like so much release so quick in a row but my head/brain was packed chuck full of transmission code so I just finished it. Now I'll flush this junk out of my brain for a while...
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 23.06.15 at 21:18. Reason: invalid procedure noted
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (23.06.15)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    Quote Originally Posted by tr-cht-fx-242p View Post
    For a way for it to stay when transmission is stopped then restated multiple times a new session, like you shut it down for nights because you don't run as seed box 24/7, then use a bencode edit Click image for larger version. 

ID:	15542 (zero is disabled private flag) on the original torrent file or the one in your .config\transmission-daemon\torrents\ Or you can just use text edit on the torrent. Look for like :privatei1e6 and change the 1 to a 0 :privatei0e6.
    This changes the torrent's info_hash, so having the client disregard the private flag is the only way.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

tr-cht-fx-242p (23.06.15) , mmmmm (23.06.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tr-cht-fx-242p View Post

This changes the torrent's info_hash, so having the client disregard the private flag is the only way.
    Thanks so much for pointing that out. Sorry about that.

There is one more way to have transmission set to disregard a torrents' private flag. It can be done from the shift web-client . However I forgot to include the change in the release. So I attach shift.js which you overwrite the same file in your ..\web\shifttq\ directory.

From shift Trackers and Queue web-client Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shift-trackersQ.JPG 
Views:	344 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	15549 torrent details trackers tab
    enter privateOFF Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shift-off.JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	15548. You'll need to reload/refresh your browser to view the change for the torrent. Shift details tab Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shift-detailsP.JPG 
Views:	311 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	15551 or from the normal web client view.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-private.JPG 
Views:	311 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	15546
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 23.06.15 at 22:04.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (23.06.15) , Lucius (23.06.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Because I was interested and wanted to understand how private flag changes the hash I read transmission source and saw:

int len;
    char * bstr = tr_bencToStr( infoDict, TR_FMT_BENC, &len );
    tr_sha1( inf->hash, bstr, len, NULL );
    tr_sha1_to_hex( inf->hashString, inf->hash );

It's here the SHA1 hash for "info" is done by transmission. BEP 27 http://bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0027.html states:

"When generating a metainfo file, users denote a torrent as private by including the key-value pair "private=1" in the "info" dict of the torrent's metainfo file [1]."

If "private=0" is there the hash will change because it's part of the infoDict. Not everything in a torrent's Metainfo File Structure https://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSp...File_Structure is part of the info dictionary. Some changes to the metainfo file won't change the hash but the private key will. By specification all torrent clients must do it this same way.

Another part of BEP 27 states:

"When multiple trackers appear in the announce-list in the metainfo file of a private torrent (see multitracker extension in [4]), each peer MUST use only one tracker at a time and only switch between trackers when the current tracker fails. When switching between trackers, the peer MUST disconnect from all current peers and connect only to those provided from the new tracker."

This can't be in transmission. I don't see honestly nothing nada in the source anything like this. I haven't tested any other clients either for this, but wouldn't think so.

To have the recently modded transmission setting for torrents', private-flag-disabled, remain after the daemon restarts I could save the currently active setting to resume files for the torrents'. If anyone wants it I'll do it.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 25.06.15 at 06:42. Reason: typo
    Thanks

23. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15)

The torrent hash will change only if the contents of the info dictionary in the torrent structure has changed.
    Infohash=sha(infodictionaryContents)

So any slight change in info dic will change the torrent hash.
    Thanks

25. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15) , tr-cht-fx-242p (26.06.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Hello all my far away friends! Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity with my transmission release but anyway I uploaded a new release at post #1.

Lots of new stuff.

Two new settings that both remain through out restarts of transmission.
    cheat-ratio and private-enabled

private-enabled

With the GUI use the add a tracker Click image for larger version. 

ID:	15675 to the torrent and add exactly privateOFF as the tracker. Then you will see a confirmation. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	private-confirmed.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	15676 (it's NOT an error in this case). If you typo you'll get an error "invalid argument or 0 entered" If you want private back on use privateON . Also if you like:
    transmission-remote localhost:9091 -n user:password --torrent ID --tracker-add privateON

From shift Trackers and Queue web-client Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shift-trackersQ.JPG 
Views:	305 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	15677 torrent details trackers tab
    enter privateOFF Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shift-off.JPG 
Views:	292 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	15678 You'll need to reload/refresh your browser to view the change for the torrent. Shift details tab Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shift-detailsP.JPG 
Views:	321 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	15679 or from the normal web client view. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web-private.JPG 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	15680

Remains through out restarts of transmission.

cheat-ratio

Offsets an active Ratio ~2 or Ratio ~4.
    Use Add tracker. Click image for larger version. 

ID:	15675
    Enter a number between (negative) -1.900000 and (positive) 99.000000 (randomized by 0.1) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	offset12.JPG 
Views:	277 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	15681 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	offset-neg.JPG 
Views:	272 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	15682
    Only when torrent actively using Ratio ~2 or Ratio ~4 is this in effect.
    To reset back to default Ratio ~2 or Ratio ~4 use a tiny number like 0.0000001 or 0.01
    Invalid numbers are not accepted. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	offset-invalid.JPG 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	15683
    Also if you like:
    transmission-remote localhost:9091 -n user:password --torrent ID --tracker-add NUMBER
    or Shift web client via trackers tab.

Remains through out restarts of transmission.

New feature that allows either upload or download speed to be set to zero.
    A new algorithm that keeps the best peers when zero is specified for the other speed.

Webseed speed improvements and bugs fixes.

New feature: torrent grouping and tagging.
    GUI -- transmission-daemon-cygwin / Discussion / General Discussion:Groups and options through transmission GUI
    Web client, read posts starting at comment #15 -- https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/5385#comment:15

And there's now a modded compiled native Mac binary. But I don't know a thing about using it. Settings for Mac are saved to plist. Whatever plist is, I don't have a clue. I think you can connect to native Mac client with the modded remote GUI or modded web client so I included those with the modded native Mac release.

Have fun.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 27.08.15 at 01:58.
    Thanks

27. Who Said Thanks:

anon (27.08.15) , Lucius (27.08.15) , mmmmm (27.08.15)

Hello all my far away friends! Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity with my transmission release but anyway I uploaded a new release at post #1.
    transmission is one of the best clients out there and for sure it's really important to have a mod for it, I admire what you have done so far and I hope you can add new features specially VEM's speedmode++ (I like it a lot).

private-enabled
    This is just in-client ignoring right ? because of the infohash case.

cheat-ratio
    Nice and very welcome add

And there's now a modded compiled native Mac binary.
    I know you'll be loved for that

Can you make a 2.03 version spoofing feature ? the newer builds is banned among a lot of trackers. I hope there will be no tracker announce conflicts which will require some work to be done.
    Thanks

29. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (27.08.15)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast