transmission-daemon

Mod features:
    • Remote GUI and Web Client_________
    • Always Leecher, report 0%__________
    • Always Seeder, report real up, no down
    • Report a ratio of ~2________________
    • Report a ratio of ~4________________

Other features

• 2.77 core and kept up to date with official transmission 2.9x github.

Also included, among several others,
    are many additional bug fixes and enhancements not limited to:
    • Prefetching of magnetized metadata right away
    • Improve “No Data Found” error message and recovery behavior
    • Make it possible to choose what files to download after getting magnet metadata
    • Seeding progress bars do not show in Web UI
    • The correct implementation of Blocklists loaded in Transmission should be used to filter DHT communication
    • Collect unwanted, but received, blocks in a separate file
    • Skip verify check
    • Reverify on completion
    • Streaming of the torrent's file(s)
    • Run external application or script on torrent add
    • Webseed reimplementation
    • Prevent peers stalling both magnet acquisitions, uploads and downloads

Official configuration settings: https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki...gFiles#Options
    Unofficial additional settings (all platforms) : transmission-daemon-cygwin / Discussion / General Discussion:Additional Settings

Windows
    Windows XP and higher, 32 or 64 bit.
    32-bit (will run everywhere)
    64-bit only on 64-bit versions of Windows.

Linux
    For Linux first compile modded source.
    https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Building
    After compiling replace the web client with the included modded web-client.

MAC
    For MAC first compile modded source.
    https://forum.transmissionbt.com/vie...hp?f=4&t=15167

GUI

transmission remote gui

Will connect to a daemon running on any platform.

Select the torrent(s) you want and then right click and choose Properties... (you can double click a single torrent). For the cheat/Announce mode mode enter a value between 990 and 994 into the Peers box.
    Values between 990 and 994 are treated as such:
    • 990 = Normal Announce, no cheat_________
    • 991 = Always Leecher, report 0%__________
    • 992 = Always Seeder, report real up, no down
    • 993 = Report a ratio of ~2________________
    • 994 = Report a ratio of ~4________________

Values 989 or less are entered as the Peer Limit.

Cheat/Announce column on the main panel.
    You can move the column where you want it.

Other features
    • Skip Verify
    • Show Verify Queue status
    • Seeding time column
    • Seeding time also shown next to ratio in torrent info pane
    • Include paused torrents in error filter
    • Unicode support
    • Blocklist entry count display & change
    • Seed Ratio column
    • Set Streaming mode of the torrent's file(s)
    • x
    • x

transgui.exe included for Windows.

transgui for Mac ( thanks Instab ! ) some graphics problems, have a look for yourself ...

To compile yourself for Linux ( Windows or Mac also ) Building - transmisson-remote-gui - Building Transmission Remote GUI from sources - Cross platform remote GUI for the Transmission Bit-Torrent client - Google Project Hosting You will need lazarus-0.9.30 and fpc-2.4.2 from Lazarus | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net

Web Client
    Use the clutch web client you right-click torrent(s) and select cheat/Announce Mode from there. Inspector displays mode also.

Attachments here below will be kept latest stable release and will supersede or equal any posts which follow.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 01.02.19 at 21:41. Reason: proportional ratios, variable cheat ratios, torrent groups + tags, new native Mac client, more IPv6 options, dht024, bug fixs
    Application error: warning -> battery failure imminent ~ shutting down NOW permanent == message to Earth -- finalized shudown code ... 6ikf9849l+!~:'?.|\
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

lil-fella (03.08.23) , Auba22 (25.10.21) , x00001111 (16.02.20) , ffp (09.01.20) , acidbob (02.01.20) , Blocker (20.11.19) , sb86 (11.01.19) , Mon (11.01.19) , H265 (08.01.19) , albus (27.12.18) , brun (14.03.18) , surgat (05.03.18) , Aranha (27.09.17) , Distraction (06.03.16) , Spongebob (19.04.15) , bastardo (07.11.14) , drdomuch (21.10.14) , Dragoon (28.06.14) , mmmmm (17.03.14) , zora (17.03.14) , Lucius (17.03.14) , anon (17.03.14) , Instab (17.03.14)

ano42

Auto activate "leech only" on new torrent

Hey little question:
    From what i have read so far it sounds like the leeche only Option can be set via the modded web client.
    My problem is that i have some automatically added torrents, by an other programm.
    Is it possible to enable the leeche only option by default?
    (Because there is no point in automatically fetching torrent links and load them when I then have to activate leech only by hand)

If that is possible, you are my new hero

Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    Quote Originally Posted by tr-cht-fx-242p View Post
    For MAC first compile modded source.
    http://forum.transmissionbt.com%2Fvi...D4%26t%3D15167

see this post
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=3#post323544

and this post for remote-GUI
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=3#post321687

You get this one to compile and you'll be ready for the next release that I'll be posting in just a few days
    I don't understand absolutely anything to these instructions. It drives me crazy. Why can't you just release a simple .dmg? Or could you just tell me what I have to change in Transmission's source code to add a No Report Leecher?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    "The run destination My Mac is not valid for Running the scheme 'Transmission'.

Transmission.app doesn't have any SDKs to build for My Mac. You can change Transmission.app's Base SDK or Supported Platforms to support My Mac."

This is what I got when I try to compile your Transmission with Xcode 6.2

WTF?!

Last edited by gendel11; 15.03.15 at 12:27.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Quote Originally Posted by gendel11 View Post
    "The run destination My Mac is not valid for Running the scheme 'Transmission'.
    This isn't from the mod. But anyway maybe this will help you fix it.
    https://forum.transmissionbt.com/vie...hp?f=4&t=16838

But I don't know anything beyond that. I don't have or use a Mac. I have some old .dmg versions for my mod from old friends but nothing too recent. If you or someone else wants to compile it that way we can post the dmg, but really the mod the way I have it should (must?) be compiled even for mac in the daemon form. The native Mac client will not have the ability to set the mod features and I don't know how to and never have put mod features or the bug fixes there like I have so precisely for the daemon and Remote-GUI (and web client). So you really need to use the daemon and remote-GUI. There already is a compiled version of the remote-GUI for Mac from post#32 http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=3#post321687 and duplicate included in the release download for linux. To compile the daemon start here https://forum.transmissionbt.com/vie...hp?f=4&t=15167 and use the source files from the modded Linux release from post#1. Here's another instructional How-To: Headless transmission-daemon on OS X | thoughts… I found with a google search, and I'm sure there are more.

---------- Post Merged at 21:26 ---------- Previous Post was at 20:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ano42 View Post
    Hey little question:
    From what i have read so far it sounds like the leeche only Option can be set via the modded web client.
    My problem is that i have some automatically added torrents, by an other programm.
    Is it possible to enable the leeche only option by default?
    (Because there is no point in automatically fetching torrent links and load them when I then have to activate leech only by hand)

I'll add an option in settings.json to set to whatever you want for the the default cheat mode. You'll need to stop the daemon, then edit settings.json and restart the daemon each time you want to change to a new default. Then you'll have every torrent added default with whatever cheat mode you set, instead of the default now which is no cheat. You'll still be able to change at any time you want the torrent(s) cheat mode with the web client or the remoter-GUI. Will that work for you?
    Application error: warning -> battery failure imminent ~ shutting down NOW permanent == message to Earth -- finalized shudown code ... 6ikf9849l+!~:'?.|\
    Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Quote Originally Posted by ano42 View Post
    OK, I've got it working as I described above. This was the simplest and easiest method to implement since it didn't require updates to all the different GUIs and platforms. Now we can choose whatever cheat mode is wanted as default. I'll upload the source and binaries tomorrow. My upload speed is super slow so it will take a while once I start.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15) , anon (17.03.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Downloads at post #1 updated:

1.)
    added setting in settings.json "cheat-mode-default"
    for torrents only when first added.
    0, /* Normal - no cheat */
    1, /* always leecher */
    2, /* always seeder */
    3, /* report a ratio of ~2 */
    4, /* report a ratio of ~4 */

You'll need to stop the daemon, edit settings.json,
    restart the daemon each time you want to change to a new default.
    Set it to anything you want as above.
    Default is only when new torrent(s) initially added.
    After that, change the torrent(s) cheat mode to whatever you want whenever you want
    with the GUI or web client. It'll stay that way until you change it again.
    Attached is the patch that did it, if you want to know how it was done.

2.)
    disconnect/ban any webseed server when the server repeatedly sends bad blocks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15) , anon (19.03.15) , Rebound (18.03.15)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    the mod the way I have it should (must?) be compiled even for mac in the daemon form. The native Mac client will not have the ability to set the mod features and I don't know how to and never have put mod features or the bug fixes there like I have so precisely for the daemon and Remote-GUI (and web client). So you really need to use the daemon and remote-GUI. There already is a compiled version of the remote-GUI for Mac from post#32 http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=3#post321687 and duplicate included in the release download for linux. To compile the daemon start here https://forum.transmissionbt.com/vie...hp?f=4&t=15167 and use the source files from the modded Linux release from post#1. Here's another instructional How-To: Headless transmission-daemon on OS X | thoughts… I found with a google search, and I'm sure there are more.
    It's too complicated and everything in the links are outdated, I give up, so I'll still use this shitty ass buggy outdated version of Transmission since it's the most recent and only simple .dmg http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=21394
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    Quote Originally Posted by gendel11 View Post
    It's too complicated and everything in the links are outdated, I give up, so I'll still use this shitty ass buggy outdated version of Transmission since it's the most recent and only simple .dmg http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=21394
    To set the facts straight:

everything in the links are outdated
    FALSE
    everything is the most up to date, stable and fully implemented.
    the methods cited to compile the daemon for Mac will work for current transmission source.
    understand post #20 http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=2#post320940
    https://github.com/cfpp2p/transmission/commits/cygwin

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=21394 buggy outdated version of Transmission
    TRUE
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss30
    To set the facts straight:

everything in the links are outdated
    FALSE
    everything is the most up to date, stable and fully implemented.
    the methods cited to compile the daemon for Mac will work for current transmission source.
    understand post #20 http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...e=2#post320940
    https://github.com/cfpp2p/transmission/commits/cygwin
    The 1st link you gave me is https://forum.transmissionbt.com/vie...hp?f=4&t=15167 if we just look at the title of the thread "Build current daemon on 10.6/7" 10.6 is from 5 years ago and 10.7 is from 3 years ago.

- 1st post, we can see that it requires Command Line Tools, which do not exists since 10.9 (2 years ago), Command Line Tools is included in Xcode, see https://developer.apple.com/library/...ON_MY_MACHINE_

Anyway, I'm stuck at this part:

To use the web interface:

• Run the daemon once (double-click) to create the support/config files in "/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/transmission-daemon" and then quit using Activity Monitor.app.
    Ok so first off, there is no, "transmission-daemon" folder, the only folder present is "transmission"

If I click on "transmission-daemon.service" here's what happens

PowerPC? Really? The last Mac using a PowerPC processor was built 9 years ago. So please, do not tell me that this isn't outdated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VBpWxyW.png 
Views:	253 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	15252  
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    @gendel11

go to the regular official transmission forum and ask how to compile a current release for Mac as daemon and post your results there and maybe someone can help you that way. Once you get a successful Mac daemon compile there, there is no reason the mod here shouldn't compile the same way.

Did you try the other link I provided that describes a Mac daemon compile?

otherwise you will need someone here at SB-I familiar with Mac to help you, which I'm not.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    I update the mod at post #1.

The reason was to fix a fringe case bug where a corrupt block could slip by. This is an old bug that's been argued about for over 3 years on the official transmission site at ticket 4649, but now I fixed it.

So here we go, I put this fine transmission mod on this great SB-I site for all interested users.
    My small contribution to support a great site.

Like always, need something fixed, changed or modded with transmission just let me know and I'll do what I can.
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 02.04.15 at 00:04.
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15) , Instab (10.04.15) , anon (02.04.15) , Rebound (02.04.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    mod is not experimental but since I know next to nothing about a MAC native transmission client that is.

---------- Post Merged at 17:39 ---------- Previous Post was at 15:44 ----------

I really know nearly absolutely nothing about Mac but the upload experimental-MAC-native-041015 below has an already compiled for Mac \Transmission.app\Contents\MacOS\ at Transmission_mod_DMG directory. I can't say if this compile has had the mod deactivated or not so you'll need to verify the announces with a packet sniffer. I can say that the source was originally provided by me. To test the mod from this is possible like this:
    1.) Add the torrent but do NOT start it.
    2.) Shutdown transmission.
    3.) With a text editor edit the .resume file for the torrent.
    a.) look for this :cheat-modei0e7:
    b.) change the 0 to whatever cheat mode you want
    1, /* always leecher */
    2, /* always seeder */
    3, /* report a ratio of ~2 */
    4, /* report a ratio of ~4 */
    then it would look like this :cheat-modei1e7: for always leecher
    If you know how (I don't) to use the transmission web client with the native transmission application then replace it with the web-client-mod version and check the inspector tab to verify the cheat mode. http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachme...tr-lch-mod.jpg I can not stress this enough "you'll need to verify the announces with a packet sniffer." This already compiled version is older and without many of the advanced enhancements but it should be pretty stable.

I also include two slightly different sources that you can try to native compile like this:
    https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Building#OnMacOSX
    but I don't understand
    Building the project on Mac requires the source to be retrieved from SVN. Pre-packaged source code will not compile.
    since I know of others who compile non-svn versions of native transmission all the time. I'm an idiot with mac stuff.

Anyway, source-ALWLEECH-locked is just that, a sources that will always be leecher, even if you change cheat mode with the remote-GUI or web client it's always that. source-full-mod is the full mod. But I have no idea if you'll be able to use the modded web client or remote-GUI on a native complied. However if you do see correct cheat mode indicators in web client inspector, remote-GUI's individual torrent properties or main window column you'll know the mods is working and you won't need to verify with packet sniffer.

That is why experimental. Someone who knows MAC will need to post because I know zilch zero nada. A big rambling by me and might be a benefit to nobody. But maybe someone else can clear it all up for MAC users who can't compile my mod as daemon for MAC and wish to try as a native compile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tr-lch-mod.JPG 
Views:	299 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	15330  
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 10.04.15 at 18:58.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (13.04.15) , Rebound (10.04.15) , dyson (10.04.15) , Instab (10.04.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    re:
    post #1 --> Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; Today at 05:21. Reason: updating... (incomplete)

Sorry, I'm out of time right now, I'll finish the upload of updated binaries and sources for download, and the change-log description in about 12 hours.

Thanks for your patience ...
    Thanks

23. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    I have uploaded new files to the post #1.

Lately there have been reports that some versions of transmission were not being recognized by certain private trackers. So I added the ability to simplistically change the user agent, peer ID and libtorrent client version extension v (BEP10). Details on this and how to accurately change these settings here: transmission-daemon-cygwin / Discussion / General Discussion:Set user agent and peer id prefix Take detail with the values and keep the user agent, peer ID and libtorrent client version extension within the realms of transmission. There are much better tools here at SB-I to spoof these settings to another client than these simple settings. Incorrectly correlated user agent, peer ID and libtorrent client version extension values may produce unwanted correspondences with tracker administrators.

There's a bunch more settings that can now be adjusted with the included shift web client, many which previously could otherwise only be changed with a direct edit of settings.json.

A new setting is a default streaming mode and such that you won't need to toggle the download state of a file to have it begin downloading in streaming mode.

There is a bug in all recent versions of transmission where transmission might not wait long enough when closing and never inform an http tracker of torrent(s) stats. Making it possible that the tracker might put the client on a suspicious list. This is now fixed in the transmission version at post #1.

Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 16.05.15 at 08:14.
    Thanks

25. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15) , anon (16.05.15) , Rebound (16.05.15) , Lucius (16.05.15) , Instab (16.05.15)

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss125
    The Master Razored me a question a few days ago how to fake as a drone, torrents to always seeder. By this I mean for any torrent(s) you decide, not download nothing, then report to the tracker seeding for extended days 24/7 and grab tracker bonus points for seeder connected time only. I had always used a way by skip verify but this was not easy for torrents with lots of files, so now I fixed it. Just use the new binaries and overwrite those released at post #1. Or if compile yourself just overwrite libtransmission torrent.c with the new one.

Now I mod the source and make binaries that are attached to this post. Skip Verify will 100% all files whether they exist or not when you have set the torrent to Always Seeder. Do these three before start the torrent:
    1.) select mode Always Seeder
    2.) Skip Verify
    3.) set the upload speed to 0 (zero).

The tracker this way will see you as seeder and peers see 100% complete, you won't connect upload or download speed at all to any peers. There will be zero peer bandwidth for upload or download. Note: if you use the web client you might refresh browser to show torrent(s) as seeder even though it's already forced. If you want no connect whatsoever to peers use:
    web client --> shift client --> the torrent's Details --> |Details| --> peer-limit --> 0 --> |Apply|

After a daemon restart if you get message like "No data found! Ensure drives connected..." or "WARNING! possible user error! files MAYBE disappeared!!!" simply Skip Verify again and then use one of these to start the torrent; Resume-Now/Start-torrent-now/force-start, there's no problem.

Of course I can't recommend this as there's lots of nice tools like http://www.sb-innovation.de/f46/rati...1-3-1-a-32250/ that do this like perfect, but I can run this on my NAS that won't run Windows applications. It's simple and effective, maybe too simple and effectively get you tracker banned if you don't know exactly what you're doing
    Last edited by tr-cht-fx-242p; 04.06.15 at 01:16.
    Thanks

27. Who Said Thanks:

mmmmm (26.06.15) , Instab (04.06.15) , Lucius (04.06.15) , Rebound (04.06.15)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast